United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCA View Post
If you truly had legal representation they would advise you to refrain posting this sort of stuff on social media (forums) and most certainly if there was an impending law suit against BMW NA. Any attorney that is currently following this thread would completely concur.
They did not say I couldn't, in fact I gave them all of this info. I need to wait on this to be done before moving forward maybe that's the difference?

edit: fixed typo
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2019, 10:43 AM   #46
dan321
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

As was said to me by a lawyer I used, as best I remember it; You have to be very careful not to mention in public any discussions between you and your lawyer. If you do, the opposing lawyer may be able to open up some or all of your confidential conversations with your lawyer.
Appreciate 1
      08-25-2019, 10:57 AM   #47
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan321 View Post
As was said to me by a lawyer I used, as best I remember it; You have to be very careful not to mention in public any discussions between you and your lawyer. If you do, the opposing lawyer may be able to open up some or all of your confidential conversations with your lawyer.
Essentially yes, the info I am posting is for the benefit of people here to show the issues I have in case they experience them and need help. I'd rather be transparent than withhold info that could help others.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2019, 03:52 PM   #48
ScotsWhaHaeWi
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i

I've had nothing but poor experiences with bmw SA over the last 6 years. They're big and they're the only game in town and they tend not to give a sh*t. I truly hope you fare better.

The problems I've had with my G05 and BMWs lack of high quality service has made me completely numb to the marque. After owning multiple BMWs over the years I'm done with them. Just view it as an appliance now and will be trading it. Do I care any more about taking it into car washes? I do not.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2019, 04:11 PM   #49
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Man, your nightmares makes me more confused between G05 X5 and F97 X3M.
I have been lucky with BMW. Out of 7, only 1 gave me an issue.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2019, 06:16 PM   #50
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsWhaHaeWi View Post
I've had nothing but poor experiences with bmw SA over the last 6 years. They're big and they're the only game in town and they tend not to give a sh*t. I truly hope you fare better.

The problems I've had with my G05 and BMWs lack of high quality service has made me completely numb to the marque. After owning multiple BMWs over the years I'm done with them. Just view it as an appliance now and will be trading it. Do I care any more about taking it into car washes? I do not.
Shit, that's not what I wanted to hear but I need to know. Thanks for the heads up! They seemed nice, better than some other dealers in the DFW area for sure. I will find out when they call me Monday about my car I'll keep everyone here updated per my usual

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
This is only my second BMW, the first one was great, this one has been a nightmare but I still love the beast. I'd get an X3M Comp, or at least consider one once iDrive 7 comes to it. Part of me also wants an M850i GC but the wife hates and yes I mean she HATES sedans/coupes so that isn't a fight I'll win, plus for $125k or more if I go Twilight Purple (M850i GC) there are other better options out there like the M5 Comp. I appreciate the show of support. I want to see what's going to happen with the car
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12805.00
      08-25-2019, 08:19 PM   #51
gpitts
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 G07 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan321 View Post
Essentially yes, the info I am posting is for the benefit of people here to show the issues I have in case they experience them and need help. I'd rather be transparent than withhold info that could help others.
He/She is referring to attorney/client privilege. You are not breaching that by posting your factual experiences here FWIW... If you were to divulge conversations you had with your attorney, that may do so, but I've not seen that occur. In short, I believe you are fine.
      08-25-2019, 09:49 PM   #52
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
I owned a handful of M cars and many more non Ms. I’m currently in an F80 M3 that is an extraordinary robust and reliable car. From my experience M cars look like BMWs but are built to total different standards. I trust an M car 100% to be a quality vehicle, non M cars the last decade? Not so much. If you can make do with the X3M’s size, get it.
Appreciate 2
      08-26-2019, 04:45 PM   #53
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
here's the update from BMW SA. They have no idea what's causing the chassis malfunction, but apparently, my KAFAS is also screwed up. see below

Last edited by AndroidRobot; 08-26-2019 at 04:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2019, 05:09 PM   #54
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
app and website aren't cooperating with attachments right now
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-26-2019, 05:17 PM   #55
gpitts
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Progress it seems... what's your read of the dealership and how they're treating your situation?
      08-26-2019, 05:26 PM   #56
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpitts View Post
Quote:
Progress it seems... what's your read of the dealership and how they're treating your situation?
the SM seems pretty up front so far, doesn't appear to be hiding anything. I asked him how the antenna can fail 2 times if properly installed and he wasn't sure. He doesn't seem to know much other than what the techs tell him which is fine. I asked what BMW thinks about the gas pedals, apparently in the very first one ever (I doubt it) to have this occur. They didn't say much else
Appreciate 1
gpitts247.00
      08-26-2019, 06:06 PM   #57
gpitts
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
the SM seems pretty up front so far, doesn't appear to be hiding anything. I asked him how the antenna can fail 2 times if properly installed and he wasn't sure. He doesn't seem to know much other than what the techs tell him which is fine. I asked what BMW thinks about the gas pedals, apparently in the very first one ever (I doubt it) to have this occur. They didn't say much else
Regardless of how the legal aspect of this plays out, it would certainly be nice if you had a reliable vehicle that you could enjoy rather than wondering when the next issue was going to arise!
      08-26-2019, 06:23 PM   #58
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Regardless of how the legal aspect of this plays out, it would certainly be nice if you had a reliable vehicle that you could enjoy rather than wondering when the next issue was going to arise!
oh tell me about it... I love my X5 but I have no confidence in this particular one ever working without issues.
Appreciate 1
gpitts247.00
      08-27-2019, 09:06 AM   #59
Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX xDrive50, DGM

Garage List
Had a horse once that tried to throw me, every other time I rode him. Actually not every other time, but randomly, inconsistently consistently. Wasn't particularly mean, but skittish, and scared of - everything. People, other horses, the weather. Leaves. Bugs. Traded him for a good quarter horse.
Appreciate 1
      08-27-2019, 10:18 AM   #60
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

Well, at least they are finding the issues. I believe your initial repair or diagnosis was incorrect or at least, incomplete. There are too many cascading failures to not be able to find a primary source. I believe it could be a group of failed components that are not playing well together. In my mind I always wonder if you could be having intermittent issues that is causing random failures but BMW can’t track it down because it’s so random. It’s like trying to hit a moving target. I think your vehicle could be fixed permanently but it needs a competent service center with great work ethics to put the vehicle back together correctly.
Appreciate 3
TurtleBoy12885.00
gpitts247.00
      08-27-2019, 10:30 AM   #61
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
Well, at least they are finding the issues. I believe your initial repair or diagnosis was incorrect or at least, incomplete. There are too many cascading failures to not be able to find a primary source. I believe it could be a group of failed components that are not playing well together. In my mind I always wonder if you could be having intermittent issues that is causing random failures but BMW can’t track it down because it’s so random. It’s like trying to hit a moving target. I think your vehicle could be fixed permanently but it needs a competent service center with great work ethics to put the vehicle back together correctly.
Potentially, the competent part is hard though. Seemingly all dealers here, even the biggest, newest, best-equipped ones are at a loss. They all needed to get with BMW's engineer via their hotline, even then BMW isn't sure. I believe the engineer might need to come out if he can't remotely fix the issue. Surely there's a root cause to the failures but it's hard to pinpoint. The antenna getting water ingress might be a seal design issue or something on my roof/external shark fin that's not to spec since that should be very robust for inclement weather.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2019, 05:00 PM   #62
gpitts
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Well, at least they are finding the issues. I believe your initial repair or diagnosis was incorrect or at least, incomplete. There are too many cascading failures to not be able to find a primary source. I believe it could be a group of failed components that are not playing well together. In my mind I always wonder if you could be having intermittent issues that is causing random failures but BMW can't track it down because it's so random. It's like trying to hit a moving target. I think your vehicle could be fixed permanently but it needs a competent service center with great work ethics to put the vehicle back together correctly.
Yes! Root cause determination is warranted else the merry-go-round from Hades will not stop for AndroidRobot... 😢
      08-27-2019, 07:39 PM   #63
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Well, at least they are finding the issues. I believe your initial repair or diagnosis was incorrect or at least, incomplete. There are too many cascading failures to not be able to find a primary source. I believe it could be a group of failed components that are not playing well together. In my mind I always wonder if you could be having intermittent issues that is causing random failures but BMW can't track it down because it's so random. It's like trying to hit a moving target. I think your vehicle could be fixed permanently but it needs a competent service center with great work ethics to put the vehicle back together correctly.
Yes! Root cause determination is warranted else the merry-go-round from Hades will not stop for AndroidRobot...
no updates today per the SM, he said he'll follow up with me again tomorrow. Yep, knowing their engineer I don't trust him at all. Never has someone looked me in the eye, admitted t see an issue and stated they don't care and won't fix it. To me that's just not right. I'm a nice person, and always upfront / honest so having someone be so rude is frustrating. In the end I don't think BMW can really deny what's going on here especially the gas pedal
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2019, 11:11 AM   #64
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Spoke with the SM today (I'll post his email when he sends it).

Things wrong/getting replaced:
Antenna ECU
Gas pedal
Antenna (was not sealed properly at the last dealership per their tech, no surprise here)
PCM (power control module)

IRAP case is open for programming currently.

They think the PCM is what's causing a huge list of faults but I'm very skeptical since those don't just randomly fail...
Appreciate 1
gpitts247.00
      08-28-2019, 11:33 AM   #65
rmorin1249
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 MSport 40i

If anyone from BMWNA or BMWAG reads this forum, I hope they have a very red face. Also, the GM at the SC plant should be talking to the head of QC. Very sad and disappointing story.

COL(Ret), US Army Hagerstown MD
2019 X5 40i MSport Alpine White/Coffee (my 13th BMW)
2015 Mercedes SL400; 2009 Lexus RX350
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2019, 12:48 PM   #66
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
See below email from the SM for today's update
Attached Images

Appreciate 1