Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by elite-fusion View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverstar335 View Post
You can get them for $600 shipped, I finished the front door on the driver side, it was not bad, it should not take more than an hour, with instructions it can be done much faster.

This is what it looks like after having the cover in place. I have labeled in red the OEM glued "rivets" that I used a drill to remove, it is a very efficient approach. In blue, you have the screws you have to remove and there is another screw not in the picture you have to remove as well. In green, I have labeled the connector you have to disconnect and connect to one of the included Y-shaped cables, that cable will be used for your tweeter and also to connect to another Y-shaped cable. The second daisy chained Y-shaped cable will connect to the speaker and to the connector that was originally disconnected in green in the picture.

Also covered the B&W logo with Focal Inside. I am looking for 3 more Focal Inside metal stickers, let me know if you are willing to part with yours.
Debating about purchasing the set from Ali, but I think I am in the same boat as the guy above this post. I'd be a bit afraid to drill, but I'd probably do it with the proper guidance..

Question though, in this post, you mentioned that RED goes for the rivets which you drilled out, while BLUE are screws... Am I not seeing/looking at this correctly? It looks like the BLUE are indeed screws, what look like torx maybe...but the RED look like screws too, philips it appears... Am I wrong in my RED assumption? just curious if its my eyes that are going at this age or what LOL

Unless, the torx like looking screws in BLUE are in fact the rivets that need to be drilled out?
In RED are the locations where you would have to drill out the rivets, the picture represents the final product. In BLUE are the screws which you have to just remove. Hope that helps.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2022, 11:01 PM   #112
elite-fusion
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Ok so you replaced the rivets that you drilled out, with philips screws.

Got it thanks for clarifying.

So what kind of screws are they? Did they come with the set or sourced by you. Want to know what size and tread, etc if possible so i can follow in your footsteps in case i go this route
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2022, 04:25 AM   #113
Makefish
Ex Moddy
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 X5 45e

Quote:
Question though, in this post, you mentioned that RED goes for the rivets which you drilled out, while BLUE are screws... Am I not seeing/looking at this correctly? It looks like the BLUE are indeed screws, what look like torx maybe...but the RED look like screws too, philips it appears... Am I wrong in my RED assumption? just curious if its my eyes that are going at this age or what LOL

Unless, the torx like looking screws in BLUE are in fact the rivets that need to be drilled out?
I asked a similar question, the photo shows the install AFTER drilling out the rivets and replacing with the screws and washers circled in red.

Hope this helps.
X5 45e in Arctic Grey with Merino Leather, Technology Plus Pack, Comfort Pack, M Sport Pro Pack, Shadow Line Pack, Sky Lounge, Acoustic Glass, Tow Bar, Sun Protection Glass, Sky Lounge, Carbon Mirror Caps and Laser Lights.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2022, 04:26 AM   #114
Makefish
Ex Moddy
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
So what kind of screws are they? Did they come with the set or sourced by you. Want to know what size and tread, etc if possible so i can follow in your footsteps in case i go this route
Screws and washers are supplied as part of the kit.
X5 45e in Arctic Grey with Merino Leather, Technology Plus Pack, Comfort Pack, M Sport Pro Pack, Shadow Line Pack, Sky Lounge, Acoustic Glass, Tow Bar, Sun Protection Glass, Sky Lounge, Carbon Mirror Caps and Laser Lights.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2022, 09:59 AM   #115
Makefish
Ex Moddy
United Kingdom
Rep

Well after much deliberation I have decided not to tackle this, I'm not confident enough in my DIY skills which means I have a complete set for sale for half the price i paid for it.

Everything included in the photos, all brand new still in original packaging and includes Y cable connectors and fixings.

$380 US (Including Shipping to US)

£280 GBP (Including Shipping to UK)
Attached Images

Last edited by Makefish; 03-23-2022 at 02:37 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2022, 10:07 AM   #116
boneca
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5

Garage List
2013 BMW X5M  [10.00]
2011 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makefish View Post
Well after much deliberation I have decided not to tackle this, I'm not confident enough in my DIY skills which means I have a complete new set for sale for half the price i paid for it.

Everything included in the photos, all brand new still in original packaging and includes Y cable connectors and fixings.

you really should try it, its not that difficult! I spend about 6 hours yesterday and got it done, the car only has 800 miles so what results are amazing!

someone will get a killer deal if you don't!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-22-2022, 11:39 AM   #117
elite-fusion
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Well after much deliberation I have decided not to tackle this, I'm not confident enough in my DIY skills which means I have a complete new set for sale for half the price i paid for it.

PM sent
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2022, 11:30 PM   #118
elite-fusion
Captain
Rep

@maximus
I see you replaced with kicker speakers and alpine tweeters
I currently have HK in the G05, so I'm wondering if those are better or if the Kicker ones are better? Also, amp wise, would I need a better amp, or will the HK one do just fine if apeakers are upgraded?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2022, 09:25 AM   #119
silverstar335
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Well after much deliberation I have decided not to tackle this, I'm not confident enough in my DIY skills which means I have a complete set for sale for half the price i paid for it.

I also recommend you trying it, it is not difficult at all.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2022, 10:49 AM   #120
KrisV
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X5 M Competition

Garage List
has anyone ever experienced any error codes doing this?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2022, 11:11 AM   #121
elite-fusion
Captain
Rep

Does anyone know if you have to remove the door panel in order to swap the rear door top tweeter speaker cover?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2022, 02:19 PM   #122
silverstar335
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Does anyone know if you have to remove the door panel in order to swap the rear door top tweeter speaker cover?
I dont think you do but it could be easier with the door panel removed.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2022, 01:12 AM   #123
swainbmw
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 x5 40!

Garage List
Just keep in mind nothings gonna make any of this better until you have an amp that can drive the speakers Because the one that BMW supplies is not big enough and changing the speakers don't change a thing in sound quality I just looked on several sites for 2022 X5 I'm not finding anything that's a plug and play to replace the HK the last time I went through this I went through a company out in Seattle called musicar and spent 12,000 to change the speakers put an amp in and a bass speaker All because the amp the BMWs is in the way it's wired controls the iDrive it's a disaster
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2022, 07:08 AM   #124
boneca
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW X5M  [10.00]
2011 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
you absolutely need to remove door panels to do that
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2022, 07:09 AM   #125
boneca
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW X5M  [10.00]
2011 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by swainbmw View Post
Just keep in mind nothings gonna make any of this better until you have an amp that can drive the speakers Because the one that BMW supplies is not big enough and changing the speakers don't change a thing in sound quality I just looked on several sites for 2022 X5 I'm not finding anything that's a plug and play to replace the HK the last time I went through this I went through a company out in Seattle called musicar and spent 12,000 to change the speakers put an amp in and a bass speaker All because the amp the BMWs is in the way it's wired controls the iDrive it's a disaster
this upgrade has nothing to do with audio quality, just a visual enhancement
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2022, 09:02 AM   #126
boneca
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW X5M  [10.00]
2011 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisV View Post
has anyone ever experienced any error codes doing this?
no errors on my end
Appreciate 1
KrisV209.50
      03-27-2022, 10:07 AM   #127
silverstar335
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Based on my experience, upgrading the OEM HiFi speakers to Focals makes a rather significant difference.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2022, 10:11 AM   #128
swainbmw
Major
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Based on my experience, upgrading the OEM HiFi speakers to Focals makes a rather significant difference.
Probably so on the hi fi I've never had one of those in any BMW . The hk There's not much you can do to make it better it needs an amp to Send power to the speakers
Appreciate 1
      03-27-2022, 10:28 AM   #129
silverstar335
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Probably so on the hi fi I've never had one of those in any BMW . The hk There's not much you can do to make it better it needs an amp to Send power to the speakers
This is the first time for me as well but had no choice because of the chip shortage. Having said that, for ~2.5k I have been able to get a significantly better sound system + illuminated Bowers & Wilkins speaker covers, all DIY.

For anybody with HK, the match 10dsp amp will most likely provide that additional improvement.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2022, 01:02 PM   #130
swainbmw
Major
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
This is the first time for me as well but had no choice because of the chip shortage. Having said that, for ~2.5k I have been able to get a significantly better sound system + illuminated Bowers & Wilkins speaker covers, all DIY.

For anybody with HK, the match 10dsp amp will most likely provide that additional improvement.
Amp what's the brand ? Or are you're referring to the HK Amp from Factory set up because dsp Is garbage it's like playing music behind the curtain muffled I turned mine off immediately I don't even like DSP in a house theater system
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2022, 04:58 PM   #131
silverstar335
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Amp what's the brand ? Or are you're referring to the HK Amp from Factory set up because dsp Is garbage it's like playing music behind the curtain muffled I turned mine off immediately I don't even like DSP in a house theater system
The amp is Match UP 7DSP by Audiotec Fischer for anybody with the HiFi OEM system or the Match UP 10DSP for HK.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2022, 05:01 PM   #132
swainbmw
Major
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The amp is Match UP 7DSP by Audiotec Fischer for anybody with the HiFi OEM system or the Match UP 10DSP for HK.
Tks I'll look into this and. Compare units
Appreciate 0