BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-21-2023, 08:49 PM   #1
lawt
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X5

2023 BMW X5 45e Low Beam Headlight Aim Not Right

I’ve owned my 2023 X5 for 14 months and have always struggled with seeing the roadway at night. This is my third BMW, but the first one I’ve ever experienced with this issue, so I accepted it for what it was. Monday evening I took it to my local dealership for a parking sensor repair. They let me use a 2024 430i courtesy car and almost immediately I realized there is something significantly wrong with my X5 headlights because I could finally see the road in the 430i. I reached out to my service rep and he had it evaluated. Of course, everything was good, so they put it up against another X5 by shining the headlights against a wall. The feedback was they were the same and there was nothing wrong with them.

My X5 was ready today, so I made sure to get there 30 minutes before closing so it was dark outside. The rep allowed me to park the 2023 X5 and 2024 430i on a fairly level surface in the back with minimal light exposure. The comparison between the two sets of headlights can be seen in the attached pics. There’s a huge black spot in the middle between the front bumper of the X5 that extends about 20+ feet. Visually, it’s much worse in real life because these new phone cameras can pick up a ton of ambient light at night that isn’t visible to the naked eye. The service rep tried not to show too much amazement, but was pretty taken back.

Despite everything checking out good on the diagnostic computers with the headlights at the dealership, is there anything I can do that won’t void my warranty, but will help get the headlights to better illuminate the ground in front of the vehicle more?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-23-2023, 07:01 AM   #2
RickObe
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 X545e

Only possible solution I can think of is that you could get Anti-Dazzle coded so that the high beams stay on in Auto mode even with oncoming traffic.
      12-23-2023, 07:53 AM   #3
eelnoraa
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 X5

Headlight aim should be adjustable by 2 plastic screws near headlights. One for vertical one for horizontal. All my older bmw with auto level and adaptive head light has these. Thr adjustments is the basic the physical position of the housing. Think of it as the base or auto level or adaptative feature. If you search in YouTube, I believe there are video instructions