BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-05-2020, 05:51 AM   #1
Mag
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Ambient Light / Alarm Question

Hello

I'm a fairly new X5 G05 owner (picked mine up a few weeks ago, with a few k miles). So far everything is great but I've noticed a couple of issues with it which you guys might be able to shed some of your wisdom on...

1. Sometimes when I lock the car from the key fob, it doesn't always beep, arm the alarm and fold in the mirrors. It locks all of the doors, but the fuel filler flap doesn't lock. No matter how many times I unlock/relock it doesn't work. If I reopen the drivers door, close it and lock it, it then works how it should - beeps, locks doors & fuel and folds in mirrors. Any ideas?

I think I read something about the fuel filler lock sometimes going faulty which can mean not everything is locked and therefore won't arm the alarm?

2. My ambient lighting on the dashboard at the passenger side has a bit of a dim spot pretty much directly in front of the passenger. It's only very slight, but noticable, especially at night. Unfortunately I've tried to get a photo to show, but with the darkness and exposure it's hard to get a decent image of it. Is this a common/known thing?

The car is still under manufacturer warranty so will happily take it back in to get checked, but I find it always helpful to go in with as much info as possible to help prevent getting the run around from them

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2020, 12:20 PM   #2
nosnoop
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 5 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag View Post
Hello
1. Sometimes when I lock the car from the key fob, it doesn't always beep, arm the alarm and fold in the mirrors. It locks all of the doors, but the fuel filler flap doesn't lock.
Usually, if it doesn't beep, it means there is a problem, like a door hasn't been closed properly.
If your fuel flap doesn't lock properly, you need to ask your dealer to fix it.

Quote:
2. My ambient lighting on the dashboard at the passenger side has a bit of a dim spot pretty much directly in front of the passenger. .....Is this a common/known thing?
No, this is not normal.
There has been a few reports of defective LED strips, but it is not common. You need to ask your dealer to fix it, and mostly likely replace the LED strip.
Appreciate 0