BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-01-2024, 12:55 AM   #1
lucasaur
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2022 M850i Coupe

2024 X5 50e M Sport Chrome Delete

I recently got my X5 in and wasn’t able to get it with the Shadowline package. Has anyone successfully blacked out the grill and rear exhaust trim pieces? I’ve ordered the IND front grill and that looks straightforward, but haven’t seen much in terms of the exhaust trims.

Did some scouring on the forums to see what people’s experiences were for the pre LCI G05, and it seems that it was a hassle to remove them. I’m assuming it’s a similar story for the ‘24, but wanted to see if anyone could confirm.

Also would love to hear if anyone has any long term accounts of the Amazon / eBay / AliExpress black cover pieces, I’ve seen a couple of negative reviews but want to know if anyone has had a positive experience long term. Debating the best course of action to blacking them out - replace, repaint, Amazon covers, or wrap (is that even possible for something experiencing constant heat?)

Thanks!
Appreciate 0