BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-01-2019, 06:47 AM   #1
Jacobispas
Romania
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 30d M-Sport

EU Lazer lights wait time

I recently placed my order for a G05 X5 M-Sport here in Romania. Was going through all the engine options, packages and add-ons when I noticed that the Lazer light option on the 30d model was 0€. Super happy, I selected it only to have my dealer tell me that in fact it is not 0€; it is 2100€ and will only be available for shipment in June 2019. Having to wait an extra 4 1/2 months from my current delivery date and pay an extra 2100€ is kind of a steep asking price. Eventually went with adaptive LED. Did I make the right decision? Opinions?
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2019, 07:09 AM   #2
archivedaccount
Rep
n/a
Drives:

I'm in the same situation and have decided to wait for the LL availability.

It depends on how useful the LL will be for you. If you drive mainly on well-lit roads, then LED is mature technology with easy access to parts.

However, the LL price difference over adaptive LED is relatively small so I think price wise it's a no brainer.

I occasionally drive on dark roads and have had my eyes lasered so my night vision isn't the best. Ironically, lasers for lasers is the solution

Not enjoying the wait though.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2019, 07:47 PM   #3
Jacobispas
Romania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesrest View Post
I'm in the same situation and have decided to wait for the LL availability.

It depends on how useful the LL will be for you. If you drive mainly on well-lit roads, then LED is mature technology with easy access to parts.

However, the LL price difference over adaptive LED is relatively small so I think price wise it's a no brainer.

I occasionally drive on dark roads and have had my eyes lasered so my night vision isn't the best. Ironically, lasers for lasers is the solution

Not enjoying the wait though.
Good point about the slight difference in price. 700€ for adaptive LED VS 2100€ For laser. I think it was more of the wait time for me. Here in Romania the roads are not so well lit so hopefully the adaptive are okay. Maybe will retrofit later on down the line.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2019, 05:12 AM   #4
BMW lifer
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G05 40i 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobispas View Post
Good point about the slight difference in price. 700€ for adaptive LED VS 2100€ For laser. I think it was more of the wait time for me. Here in Romania the roads are not so well lit so hopefully the adaptive are okay. Maybe will retrofit later on down the line.
When I placed my UK order, I was told it would be impossible to retrofit LL to the car so decided to put up with the wait.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2019, 06:19 AM   #5
NoCompromise
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 40i Msport, X6 M50D

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW lifer View Post
When I placed my UK order, I was told it would be impossible to retrofit LL to the car so decided to put up with the wait.
worth it in my view.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2019, 06:24 AM   #6
Wing Co
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M135i & 911 GTS

I've gone from F16 LED adaptive to 8 Series LL. I'm not sure I can tell much difference as even on unlit roads there are so many cars now that it is rarely dark. I don't think I'd wait too long for them if I needed a car that didn't exceed a normal factory order timeline.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2019, 05:30 AM   #7
Jacobispas
Romania
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Interesting because I know a few people here in Romania who have retrofit 2018 models with Lazer lights. So I'm sure it's possible somehow. Maybe with a few other parts replaced.
Appreciate 0