BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-15-2023, 01:11 PM   #1
soonerstu
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X5 M60i

Garage List
Are there any in-car features subscription on new 2024 X5?

I'm having a 2024 X5 M60i built and was wondering if there are any monthly subscription fees to use any of the features, ie live traffic?

I find it confusing online and the article below alludes to a subscription on new BMWs.

https://www.hotcars.com/bmw-in-car-f...ans-good-idea/
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2023, 02:43 PM   #2
pkaytes
Rep
Drives: Waiting for X5 sDrive40i

Hello Soonerstu,

After a lot of research, I stumbled on the following from the BMWUSA website:

https://www.bmwusa.com/explore/connecteddrive.html

Scroll down to nearly the bottom and follow the link to download the "Service Availability Matrix". Then look at page 5-8.

The document contains an awful lot of information and can be confusing. Its helpful to have the Vehicle Inquery-Design/MSRP report from your CA when using the Service Availability Matrix because many options have similar names but may not apply.

I'm not sure if this document has been maintained with the latest information but its a start.

Good luck.
Appreciate 1
      10-19-2023, 08:53 PM   #3
apw2607
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e M-Sport

It will depend on which model you choose and how you configure your vehicle from the factory.

If you ordered all options on say the 50e, the only additional thing you can subscribe too would be the traffic camera notifications for $25/year.

Things like map updates, real time traffic, connected drive services like weather, news podcast and connected drive music powered by spotify (still need a spotify subscription separately though) are all included for the warranty period.
Appreciate 0