BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-16-2020, 02:01 PM   #1
Addbuyer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3MC

Head-up-display over speed warning

I am certain that prior to suffering a malfunction of the central screen ( it went blank and displayed a “no signal” message for a short while but reset it’s self when starting the car again ) that the white numbering (indicated speed) in the head up display, turned to red numbering once the road speed was exceeded. It now remains white when exceeding the road speed.
I still get the indicated road “sign” showing what the maximum speed of that road is and that flashes briefly when the speed is exceeded but no longer do I see the numbering change colour?

Does anyone else’s numbering turn from white to red when exceeding the road speed limit?
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2020, 02:36 PM   #2
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

I am pretty sure there is a setting within the idrive system that turns that feature on and off. I turned mine off recently because i find it distracting as i am always a little over the limit

Last edited by Alan l.; 06-16-2020 at 02:57 PM..
Appreciate 1
aw3051441.50
      06-16-2020, 02:51 PM   #3
Addbuyer
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
I am pretty sure there is a setting within the idrive system that turns that feature on and off. I turned mine off recently because i find it distracting as i am also a little over the limit
If there is then I can’t seem to find it and the owners manual is as useless as a fishnet condom.
I only got to drive the X5 for 6 miles before it was replaced with a 7 series loaner whilst BMW worked on mine. The loaner had head up which only does what mine is now doing i.e. flashing the road speed sign. I thought the colour number change was so much better on the X5. I got the X5 back, did 3 miles to work and then the screen failed and changed the numbering colour. I am certain I’m not dreaming this
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2020, 03:05 PM   #4
aw305
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F97 X3MC Alpine White

Quote:
I am pretty sure there is a setting within the idrive system that turns that feature on and off. I turned mine off recently because i find it distracting as i am always a little over the limit
A little bit ?!?!
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2020, 05:46 PM   #5
phillydilles
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addbuyer View Post
Quote:
I am pretty sure there is a setting within the idrive system that turns that feature on and off. I turned mine off recently because i find it distracting as i am also a little over the limit
If there is then I can’t seem to find it and the owners manual is as useless as a fishnet condom.
I only got to drive the X5 for 6 miles before it was replaced with a 7 series loaner whilst BMW worked on mine. The loaner had head up which only does what mine is now doing i.e. flashing the road speed sign. I thought the colour number change was so much better on the X5. I got the X5 back, did 3 miles to work and then the screen failed and changed the numbering colour. I am certain I’m not dreaming this
Nope - not dreaming it. My speed is white and then goes orange once I exceed the limit.

Have you tried to toggle "Speed Limit Information" in the HUD Settings menu?
Appreciate 1
Addbuyer826.50
      06-17-2020, 09:40 AM   #6
Addbuyer
Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks guys, i wasn’t dreaming and you were right, all is good. Slowly working my way through the issues
Appreciate 0