BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-17-2020, 04:51 PM   #1
sowajarek
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05

Wheel Alignment & EPS Start up

Hello,

So My X5 has 25k km and it was time to do wheel alignment as I felt that I had to correct the angle for car to drive straight.

From previous experience with the dealer (and they know it) I typically do alignment myself in a local garage where I can redo the wheel alignment 2-3 times in order to get it right.

Once completed and I was satisfied with the result we need to perform EPS Start up - steering angle calibration. Purpose of this is to get the feel back to the steering wheel especially with servotronic + ADAS Systems to work correctly.

While performing this using scanner it allows to perform but it fails towards the end where I am left with Check Control for Steering.

BMW was "happy" to reset the Check Control but I had to come back for last small adjustment including EPS Start up with ISTA+ (D) but check control is back. I know it's an easy reset but I simply cannot find that function in ISTA+ (D). Honestly I can come back again to BMW but I prefer to solve this myself. Last time took them few mins to reset it. Image shows the reason why calibration could not be completed, anyone here can help?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0