BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-02-2022, 11:38 PM   #23
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by G MONEY View Post
You can always leave? No one will care or miss you. You may think other wise but probably would be wrong👍🏼😉
So, let me get this straight, complaining about one small aspect of how a country operates means he should leave the country? What an idiot.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2022, 08:02 AM   #24
G MONEY
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 458/ YAS m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
Quote:
You can always leave? No one will care or miss you. You may think other wise but probably would be wrong👍🏼😉
So, let me get this straight, complaining about one small aspect of how a country operates means he should leave the country? What an idiot.
Just an option. That post was pretty deep about something not so deep? Hate to see his anger on something that actually has some meaning. Wu-saaaaaaaaaa.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2022, 08:15 AM   #25
BMWCCA1
BMW Owner Since 1971
Rep
Drives: 1964 700 Sport Cabriolet

Garage List
2013 BMW 128i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theruleslawyer View Post
Weird. My state offers 30 day tag specifically for out of state buyers so they can GTFO.
In VA, I do it all on-line for something like five-bucks. All I need is the VIN.
Appreciate 1
Efthreeoh16943.00
      07-03-2022, 09:17 AM   #26
wdb
dances with roads
Rep
Drives: '07 E86, '02 996, '95 Seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr24 View Post
I don't get people who say cash is king still. If I want to sell a car for $25k....then I want $25k. Just because you give me cash doesn't benefit me in any way whatsoever......it's not taxable, it's not going to be stuffed into my mattress.
In PA the state gets their 6% at the time of title transfer. Can't do one without the other. It is possible to be creative with the figure however.
Appreciate 1
chris7197271.50
      07-03-2022, 02:33 PM   #27
Piper1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E85

Bought 2 cars private party, much lower cost though. Here in Michigan both sign title, hand over cash. With bill of sale in hand don’t need a plate to get it home. That’s your proof you just bought it. Don’t put a plate registered to another car. That’s the biggest mistake people here make. Go to sos/dmv register car get your plates at the counter and new title will be mailed pay sales tax same time you register. If it’s a kit car there’s a separate form to sign you can print from online.
Easy peasy
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2022, 07:25 PM   #28
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoral View Post
Not all states offer temporary tags.

The worst is MA, where you have to buy car, get title, go back to MA RMV, register car, get plates and go back to pick up your car that you paid for last week. (Or trailer it home).
It's brutal here. You stand in line awkwardly with your seller (if in a rush), hand over documents to government department, you pay taxes (for real, on a used private purchase) then they give you temp permit so you can get the cr certified. You go back, certify at mechanic, then go back to government line up, they give you plates.

Talk about complicating the simple.
Appreciate 1
chris7197271.50
      07-03-2022, 07:29 PM   #29
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Quote:
Just an option. That post was pretty deep about something not so deep? Hate to see his anger on something that actually has some meaning. Wu-saaaaaaaaaa.
In general, getting things done here seems to be very, very slow and laborious. It especially amazes me in the USA as the mantra is small-government etc but every two bit town seems to have it's own law enforcement and by laws etc.

We opened an office in Kansas and were absolutely gob smacked at the ongoing paperwork and beauocracy. I can't put my finger on the cultural differences but there seems a lot of layers in north america to get something done, it's very, very slow.
Appreciate 1
chris7197271.50
      07-03-2022, 07:48 PM   #30
G MONEY
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 458/ YAS m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Quote:
In general, getting things done here seems to be very, very slow and laborious. It especially amazes me in the USA as the mantra is small-government etc but every two bit town seems to have it's own law enforcement and by laws etc.

We opened an office in Kansas and were absolutely gob smacked at the ongoing paperwork and beauocracy. I can't put my finger on the cultural differences but there seems a lot of layers in north america to get something done, it's very, very slow.
That it is. We can't do anything fast. Lol
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2022, 11:31 AM   #31
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
$25k in cold cash?
That's how I sold a truck years ago. Guy spent two days on the road to come see the truck. Had a duffle bag with cash in it. We went to the bank where the money was counted, and I signed over the title. He dropped off his rental car and drove the truck home.
Appreciate 0