07-11-2019, 01:21 AM   #1
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Building and have Interior questions

Hello all,

I noticed that Tartufo Merino is no longer on BMW USA configurator as of today. Any reason for this?

Also, I went to see a car today with Tartufo, and the dash and doors did not have stitched leather (bottom of the center console did though). I thought this comes with the Merino option. It's no longer listed as an a la carte option on the configurator either.

Anybody have any information?
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2019, 05:39 AM   #2
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Hello all,

I noticed that Tartufo Merino is no longer on BMW USA configurator as of today. Any reason for this?

Also, I went to see a car today with Tartufo, and the dash and doors did not have stitched leather (bottom of the center console did though). I thought this comes with the Merino option. It's no longer listed as an a la carte option on the configurator either.

Was this a 2019 M Sport? Unless it was ordered with 4M5 - Leather Dashboard, the dash and door tops are soft touch.

Extended Tartufo are seats, center tunnel, and door pocket armrests.

2019 xLines, stitched SensaTec dash and door was added as standard later in production.

For 2020:
- all models will have stitched SensaTec dash and door tops as standard
- 4M5 leather dashboard is reduced to $850 from $1200

Name:  DB0703B7-FDB8-4C49-9E15-C7A7EF8E921B.jpeg
Views: 1861
Size:  186.8 KB

Name:  E020CB70-D67E-4CAD-B71B-4AAB0083CC6E.jpeg
Views: 1835
Size:  370.0 KB

Last edited by Auricom; 07-11-2019 at 05:50 AM..
Appreciate 1
Germanauto9665.50
      07-11-2019, 07:12 AM   #3
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
Hello all,

Tartufo was pulled from the 2020 interior colors but having just went on to the build site, its still showing the builds are 2019 model year. My guess is they have already phased Tartufo out in prep for a full 2020 build which is just around the corner. Looks like Auricom answered your other questions.

Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Germanauto9665.50
      07-11-2019, 11:22 AM   #4
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricom View Post
Was this a 2019 M Sport? Unless it was ordered with 4M5 - Leather Dashboard, the dash and door tops are soft touch.

Extended Tartufo are seats, center tunnel, and door pocket armrests.

2019 xLines, stitched SensaTec dash and door was added as standard later in production.

For 2020:
- all models will have stitched SensaTec dash and door tops as standard
- 4M5 leather dashboard is reduced to $850 from $1200
Thank you for posting this.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2019, 11:24 AM   #5
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty in Bgm View Post
Tartufo was pulled from the 2020 interior colors but having just went on to the build site, its still showing the builds are 2019 model year. My guess is they have already phased Tartufo out in prep for a full 2020 build which is just around the corner. Looks like Auricom answered your other questions.

That's terrible it's such a beautiful and unique color. My BSM on Terra E90 is still so beautiful to this day thanks to that striking combination.

I'm helping my folks here with their next X5. I'm guessing it's impossible to still order Tartufo now on special order car? I'll have to speak with a dealer.

The example I saw yesterday is being offered at a good price but I dislike two things about it: carbon black and fineline wood.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2019, 11:39 AM   #6
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That's terrible it's such a beautiful and unique color. My BSM on Terra E90 is still so beautiful to this day thanks to that striking combination.

I'm helping my folks here with their next X5. I'm guessing it's impossible to still order Tartufo now on special order car? I'll have to speak with a dealer.

The example I saw yesterday is being offered at a good price but I dislike two things about it: carbon black and fineline wood.
You could try to persuade your favorite dealer into ordering it for you but you better do that super fast. You could also go the BMW USA.com site and plug in your zip or surrounding area zips and search for what you want. You may get close but may also have to give up on a more minor option. Worth a shot, here's the link.. .. https://www.bmwusa.com

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-11-2019, 11:48 AM   #7
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You could try to persuade your favorite dealer into ordering it for you but you better do that super fast. You could also go the BMW USA.com site and plug in your zip or surrounding area zips and search for what you want. You may get close but may also have to give up on a more minor option. Worth a shot, here's the link.. .. https://www.bmwusa.com

Thank you.

I tried the "search inventory" thing already and their system is busted. It says there's no X5s within a 100 mile radius, which is impossible as dealers have them listed on their website.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2019, 11:54 AM   #8
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thank you.

I tried the "search inventory" thing already and their system is busted. It says there's no X5s within a 100 mile radius, which is impossible as dealers have them listed on their website.
I just plugged in a San Diego zip code, 92110, chose Arctic Grey Metallic and three X5 40i's and four X7's popped up. I did not see an interior color choice though :-( Try other zips but probably going to your dealer is best or try a few dealers
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2019, 12:15 PM   #9
Tenac
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: All

Quote:
I just plugged in a San Diego zip code, 92110, chose Arctic Grey Metallic and three X5 40i's and four X7's popped up. I did not see an interior color choice though :-( Try other zips but probably going to your dealer is best or try a few dealers
Call you local dealer ask them to look at the dealer network and provide them the build number from the site, or just tell them what you want. They can look at I believe its any dealer but it might also be limited range... Not sure on that.
2015 M235 Manual
On the list for the M2 CS
Appreciate 1
Germanauto9665.50
      07-11-2019, 12:25 PM   #10
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenac View Post
Call you local dealer ask them to look at the dealer network and provide them the build number from the site, or just tell them what you want. They can look at I believe its any dealer but it might also be limited range... Not sure on that.
This is what I'll have to end up doing.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2019, 12:26 PM   #11
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
SD area has so way more X5s that. And I had plugged in my parents' WA zip code and it didn't populate a single car. It's just not a good system.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2019, 01:23 PM   #12
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
SD area has so way more X5s that. And I had plugged in my parents' WA zip code and it didn't populate a single car. It's just not a good system.
Yeah, that's a shame, just like their build-your-own site. I have used their CPO search a few times and it too short changed me cause I found the car I was looking for and then went back to the search and it didn't find it. Too many broken links in the chain from the dealerships to however that site is maintained.
Same holds true for dealer websites. I've personally visited dealerships and then once home to go there site and the car I test drove isn't listed.
What a world, what a world

Like Tenac said, I've sat down at dealers, written up what I wanted and they contact or search their network and can swap cars from other dealers to bring in the one I want.
Appreciate 1
Germanauto9665.50
      07-11-2019, 02:04 PM   #13
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, that's a shame, just like their build-your-own site. I have used their CPO search a few times and it too short changed me cause I found the car I was looking for and then went back to the search and it didn't find it. Too many broken links in the chain from the dealerships to however that site is maintained.
Same holds true for dealer websites. I've personally visited dealerships and then once home to go there site and the car I test drove isn't listed.
What a world, what a world

Like Tenac said, I've sat down at dealers, written up what I wanted and they contact or search their network and can swap cars from other dealers to bring in the one I want.
Amazing how poor this system is in 2019. We should be able to do everything online. But yeah I'll have to talk to dealers about swapping cars or special ordering.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2019, 08:55 PM   #14
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Update: This was spot on. I was just at a dealer for 2 hrs and nearly placed the deposit, then was told they couldn't find Tartufo. Killed the deal.

Will probably settle on Cognac Vernasca. The remaining Merino options suck. White is a nightmare to care for, Black is boring, Coffee is too dark.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2019, 09:51 PM   #15
The J-Man
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Update: This was spot on. I was just at a dealer for 2 hrs and nearly placed the deposit, then was told they couldn't find Tartufo. Killed the deal.

Will probably settle on Cognac Vernasca. The remaining Merino options suck. White is a nightmare to care for, Black is boring, Coffee is too dark.
I have bad news for you. Cognac is gone too for 2020 and may already be gone for 2019 as well.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2019, 09:55 PM   #16
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The J-Man View Post
I have bad news for you. Cognac is gone too for 2020 and may already be gone for 2019 as well.
Looks like if he hurries, he can get Cognac, here it is now on the build site.. ..

Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      07-13-2019, 12:24 AM   #17
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Now that I go look at the spec sheet again you're right. WTF man.

Brown interior hues are so beautiful, and easy to maintain as well. I don't understand why people dislike it. This process has become such a headache.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2019, 07:49 AM   #18
rdrcontact
Rep
Drives: BMW X5, G05

Quote:
Quote:
Looks like if he hurries, he can get Cognac, here it is now on the build site.. ..

Quote:
Quote:

I ordered what I believe are the same seats in mid June:

interior code is:

MCRI Vernasca leather, designer perforations: Cognac|Black

The dealer warned me that the Cognac will likely be discontinued for the 2020 builds. It will be a EU spec, I dont know if this valid for US as well.

I guess my G05 will be late 2019 build. I am unaware when they switch over to 2020.

I am also wandering whether I will have the SensaTec stitched console, I hope this is the case as I like it much more than the standard soft touch.

Do you guys know how to check whether I have the SensaTec dashboard: Inordered the M sport package, Vernasca leather/Cognac and black/perforated. Is the SensaTec standard for this configuration?

many thanks!
Appreciate 1
zhangyi17286.50
      07-13-2019, 05:41 PM   #19
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Another update, ended up just taking the dive on the Tartufo car I saw the other day. I didn't like the exterior color (Carbon Black) or wood (Fineline...too glossy) but had to compromise somewhere. Just gave up on the custom build lol. Thanks for your help.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2019, 07:30 PM   #20
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Another update, ended up just taking the dive on the Tartufo car I saw the other day. I didn't like the exterior color (Carbon Black) or wood (Fineline...too glossy) but had to compromise somewhere. Just gave up on the custom build lol. Thanks for your help.
Personally speaking, I think you just bought a winning combination of ext/int colors. Since Tartufo is no long offered on 2020's, you've got a color that won't go mainstream. My guess is it will all grow on you and you'll be glad you bought it.
Appreciate 1
Germanauto9665.50
      07-13-2019, 11:42 PM   #21
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Personally speaking, I think you just bought a winning combination of ext/int colors. Since Tartufo is no long offered on 2020's, you've got a color that won't go mainstream. My guess is it will all grow on you and you'll be glad you bought it.
Thank you. Yeah I mean carbon black is sort of rare and only available on M sport. But I just never became a big fan of it on my mom's current X5 (E70). I prefer black sapphire. The Tartufo is very special and one of a kind. This was just one of two remaining black M sport/Tartufo in 11 western states!

The glass pkg really finishes it off nicely. You feel the quality every time you shift, turn on the car, and use the iDrive controller. It will be my mom's car and she was reluctant on all these luxury touches at first, but now she's excited. I'll be picking it up later in the week.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2019, 08:07 AM   #22
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thank you. Yeah I mean carbon black is sort of rare and only available on M sport. But I just never became a big fan of it on my mom's current X5 (E70). I prefer black sapphire. The Tartufo is very special and one of a kind. This was just one of two remaining black M sport/Tartufo in 11 western states!

The glass pkg really finishes it off nicely. You feel the quality every time you shift, turn on the car, and use the iDrive controller. It will be my mom's car and she was reluctant on all these luxury touches at first, but now she's excited. I'll be picking it up later in the week.
.. .. and of course you'll post pix, right?
Appreciate 1
Germanauto9665.50