bmwx3805
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 14 cruze diesel and 2019 430I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyd View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwx3805 View Post
No matter what station a car gets left at it will always be Finished with that process for that station .
So they don't forget some parts?

How is the situation in SC? If I look at the map of the Johns Hopkins website I can't understand why Trump hasn't invoked quarantaine in certain states or cities for a few weeks.
Not on full lock down . Can get take out . Gyms all closed along with a good bit of stores . Gas cheap as heck !
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2020, 01:57 PM   #24
lovelight
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i xdrive wagon

So bmwx3805, very helpful to have your insight on the situation. Are shipments also on hold or is that part of the factory still operating? It's kinda difficult to guess what to expect with anything these days considering the exceptional conditions. My order is in "awaiting carrier assignment" which I assume means everything is built and just ready to get on a flatbed or train. But I suspect it's more than rolling it off the line and onto a transport method.

Our experience was unexpected in that the order was submitted on March 13 and I just assumed we would be in "scheduled for production" until after the line restarted. But it then jumped to "awaiting carrier assignment" almost overnight. My guess is that build orders for dealer inventory might have been frozen and custom builds were moved to the front of the line with the assumption these were pending deals and sales of the lot at dealerships are slowing way down. They might have even taken a dealer inventory order of the same color and just reworked it to fit the features we wanted. Just imagining what might have happened here. It would be interesting to know if that is even possible. I was hoping to update my order with the spare but things happened so fast that the opportunity to change the order passed before we could do that.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2020, 11:09 AM   #25
lovelight
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i xdrive wagon

FWIW, my order has moved from "Awaiting Carrier Assignment" to "Dispatched from Factory" and then to "At the Port" as of this morning. It would appear that cars that are completed are making their way towards delivery even if the manufacturing line has been shut down.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2020, 11:34 AM   #26
Pateeke81
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: Current: 2019 BWM X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelight View Post
FWIW, my order has moved from "Awaiting Carrier Assignment" to "Dispatched from Factory" and then to "At the Port" as of this morning. It would appear that cars that are completed are making their way towards delivery even if the manufacturing line has been shut down.
Good to hear.
Let's hope they will re-open soon so I can take delivery in June but looking at the current situation it will be difficult.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 09:56 AM   #27
Sea Bandit
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M - F95

Today received phone call from dealer, my car will be loaded on track and transported to my home. I am really surprised they will open the borders.
2007 X5 E53 3.0d M-Sport, 2010 X5 E70 3.0d M-Sport, 2014 X5 F15 3.0d M-Sport, 2020 X5 xDrive 3.0d M-Sport
Appreciate 0