Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
The plant manager rolled up today in his latest purchase over the weekend - 2020 340i. Beautiful ride. I'll give it to him, for someone who makes over $100k/year he needed a car that reflects his earnings. He knows fuck all about the car, but whatever; it's a nice car.

Although he makes double what I do, I can't help but feel like I now have to step up my transportation game. Still dig the Lexus though.
Nice! I drove my friend's loaner M340i for a few weeks over the summer, absolutely fell in love with it. If I can figure out my situation after college I definitely am thinking of grabbing a CPO one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
I have an undergraduate degree in business and a MBA in Finance. Not once in my life or career have i gotten a balance sheet to balance. NOT. ONCE. Thank goodness for partial credit.

So after entering the workforce i went into marketing and operations
I'm getting this minor so I can be more on the management side of engineering, I really am not smart enough to design buildings
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8206.00
King Rudi13152.00
      03-23-2020, 11:47 AM   #3544
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
Nice! I drove my friend's loaner M340i for a few weeks over the summer, absolutely fell in love with it. If I can figure out my situation after college I definitely am thinking of grabbing a CPO one

I'm getting this minor so I can be more on the management side of engineering, I really am not smart enough to design buildings
My minor was in Computer Science. I wanted to get more into the programming field with my EE degree. Back then I was told it was crazy because the two areas had distinct differences, but fast forward 15 years and it all came around full circle.
      03-23-2020, 12:09 PM   #3545
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
LOL...And here I am driving a lowly "128i". All my "peers" drive much nicer cars than I do, and live in much more expensive homes than me.

I'm kind of the social outcast of the group. But I hate having any kind of payment.

One of my good friends of many years that worked here was making in the $200K+ range...and he drove to work in an "Uncle Buck" car. That was too funny to say the least.
Hold the phone. Just got back from lunch and had time to inspect said car. The guy is an idiot. It isn't a 340i, it's base model 330i. To boot, since they just bought the car, I would expect it to have a temp tag, it has a tag registered to a county that is almost 3 hours away from where he lives. It's another rental.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      03-23-2020, 12:23 PM   #3546
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
My minor was in Computer Science. I wanted to get more into the programming field with my EE degree. Back then I was told it was crazy because the two areas had distinct differences, but fast forward 15 years and it all came around full circle.
I'm rebuilding the department's website now, and I'm learning HTML on the go - I like doing frontend stuff since you can see what happens when you change something.

I don't see myself as a web developer at all but as a side gig that pays for my drinks, gave me a brand new computer, and a space in my department's building this is pretty cool

Before college I also tried learning Java to mod minecraft with my friends, and took a course on Python and Xcode to realize I don't like coding necessarily. I was a course assistant for CS101 for two semesters but it's definitely not something I can do full time
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      03-23-2020, 01:15 PM   #3547
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
I'm rebuilding the department's website now, and I'm learning HTML on the go - I like doing frontend stuff since you can see what happens when you change something.

I don't see myself as a web developer at all but as a side gig that pays for my drinks, gave me a brand new computer, and a space in my department's building this is pretty cool

Before college I also tried learning Java to mod minecraft with my friends, and took a course on Python and Xcode to realize I don't like coding necessarily. I was a course assistant for CS101 for two semesters but it's definitely not something I can do full time

I focused more on networking, and then later into VB. Since most of the programming I do is for Automated Batching and Human Machine Interface....VB ties everything together nicely for reporting features.

Lol...back when I first started...everything was DOS based with PLC's and DCS's. Then Ladder Logic and Function Block Programming.

I think one of the reasons it came easily to me was that I was doing Relay Logic in the beginning. Seven basic logic gates and you can control anything!
      03-23-2020, 02:22 PM   #3548
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Today I learned I cannot "work from home"
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      03-23-2020, 02:27 PM   #3549
Conissah
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Today I learned I cannot "work from home"
Lol why is that? Too many distractions...? That's my problem. I have an extremely hard time focusing as is, let alone when I'm at my apartment at my own desk using my own stuff.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2020, 02:32 PM   #3550
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conissah View Post
Lol why is that? Too many distractions...? That's my problem. I have an extremely hard time focusing as is, let alone when I'm at my apartment at my own desk using my own stuff.
Exactly in the same boat man, I knew i could never get work done at home because I get distracted but now at most I can go to the kitchen or get work done in my car
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2020, 02:44 PM   #3551
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Exactly in the same boat man, I knew i could never get work done at home because I get distracted but now at most I can go to the kitchen or get work done in my car
Just throw a good set of headphones on, crank it, and focus in. If you've ever traveled for work it's essentially the same thing. I always felt I was more productive from home. But we were also required to submit what tasks we were working on prior to starting for the day and what tasks we accomplished upon finishing the day, so that most likely helped. Keeps people honest as well haha
Appreciate 1
      03-23-2020, 02:47 PM   #3552
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Atleast you're getting some benefit to your minor. I decided to pick up another engineering major, sustainable design, and haven't used it at all through my career haha. I'm also half way through my Masters in Mechanical Engineering that I have no itention of finishing. Last job paid for my classes and I was honestly only pursuing it to defer my student loans. New job is paying for said loans and pursuing a Masters while working is a pain in the ass!
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      03-23-2020, 11:32 PM   #3553
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miss Daisy

Garage List
I love working from home. I didn't like people before this & I've always been an introvert so I'm loving it. I used to work from home full time. Gotta figure out how to make that happen again.

Also, am I the only one here that has not shaved in over a week? Decided to finally see just how homeless I'd look if I tried to grow a beard (I've had a goatee for years)

I was correct, it looks like ass Still not shaving it yet, though. F it!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2020, 12:03 AM   #3554
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriouslyFast View Post
I love working from home. I didn't like people before this & I've always been an introvert so I'm loving it. I used to work from home full time. Gotta figure out how to make that happen again.

Also, am I the only one here that has not shaved in over a week? Decided to finally see just how homeless I'd look if I tried to grow a beard (I've had a goatee for years)

I was correct, it looks like ass Still not shaving it yet, though. F it!
Yeah... I'm by no means okay to go out in public with my beard now
Appreciate 1
      03-24-2020, 07:38 AM   #3555
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yeah... I'm by no means okay to go out in public with my beard now
We may be shot immediately for terrorism
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2020, 07:11 PM   #3556
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

I'm going into office every day and haven't shaved face or head in 10. Still none on top

Pickle, if you learn logic, you can do any language. But these days there is equal or more money in security
      03-25-2020, 08:31 PM   #3557
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I wonder who was knocking on my door a few minutes ago. Probably a neighbor to complain about the movie too loud & give me corona virus. I didn't answer. I rarely did before all this. Definitely not now
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2020, 08:36 PM   #3558
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

It was me I was gonna give you some spare ammo.
Appreciate 1
      03-25-2020, 09:40 PM   #3559
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
It was me I was gonna give you some spare ammo.
@MKSixer is he authorized to be giving away Stuff???
      03-25-2020, 09:44 PM   #3560
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Okay rip him off with 5x pricing
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2020, 09:48 PM   #3561
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
@MKSixer is he authorized to be giving away Stuff???
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Okay rip him off with 5x pricing
It's authorized. Ammo, knives, etc. All good. Even a spare Prancercise viewing.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 1
Dang3r12503.00
      03-26-2020, 10:57 PM   #3562
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Been working from home for 2 weeks and its more exhausting then going into the office. But i had awesome time making guns with huge lego blocks lol. It was my 3yr old son and my 1 yr old daughter vs me. My daughter decides to take my gun since she had smallest one lol. Couldnt say no to her, and in seconds lego gun was in pieces. We ran around living room until it was bath time, both kids fell sleep by 8pm.
I miss this forum, i hope every1 is safe and health. We will get thru this together!
Appreciate 3
UncleWede17872.50
Rmtt8206.00
      03-29-2020, 09:34 AM   #3563
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Anti 2nd amendment people are more annoying than a vegan crossfit politician.
Appreciate 3
Dpc2u11503.00
upstatedoc7555.50
      03-29-2020, 01:13 PM   #3564
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
F you FedEx.

The throw out bearing in my 1998 Jeep Wrangler has been making noise. I figure with close to 160k miles, might as well do the whole clutch, especially since I have these months in "isolation". I opt to order a new flywheel, since resurfacing the flywheel on this application is not recommended due to the slight concave design. Flywheel has been on back order for about a month now.

FedEx guy comes, it's raining, and he decides to throw an already ripped open box containing the flywheel onto my asphalt driveway. He threw it far enough that the noise it made when it hit the ground caused my neighbor standing in his garage across the street to turn around. I give the FedEx guy a "WTF" look, and he speeds away. Flywheel has hit the asphalt on the exposed part of the box, and knicked one of the teeth for the crankshaft sensor. Perfect.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 0