BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-19-2019, 08:49 PM   #23
wrickem
Big Beaver Smile
Rep
Drives: What he wants to

Quote:
Originally Posted by verruckt View Post
Not sure really. Initially I only expected a couple day wait, and then found out the part would take 7 days... then 15... and now likely more. I actually called Thursday when i found out it would be 15+ days and asked if I could just pick it up and drive it until the part comes in. They didn't really say no but they didn't say yes either and said they would "try" to get me a loaner.

Between the dealer and BMW NA I'm not really impressed with their response so far. I've had to call each time to get any update. Especially not since I just made my second payment on it and haven't had it for the past week and a half.

To top things off, the wife was driving my truck in lieu of the X5 (X5 is hers), and since shes not comfortable with the size of it, managed to accidentally back into someone today... ....It just gets better and better.
I’m sorry about all that,I could understand them keeping it so long if it were a true drivability issue,but, to me, it’s an a minor inconvenience to hit the button and just drive and be careful about not hitting things and people that sucks about your wife and your truck, I hope all turns out okay.

mnewnam - your experience sounds horrible. I hope they have made (or make it) right.
mnewnam268.00
      01-19-2019, 08:56 PM   #24
mnewnam
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 Mineral White X5MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrickem View Post
Quote:
Not sure really. Initially I only expected a couple day wait, and then found out the part would take 7 days... then 15... and now likely more. I actually called Thursday when i found out it would be 15+ days and asked if I could just pick it up and drive it until the part comes in. They didn't really say no but they didn't say yes either and said they would "try" to get me a loaner.

Between the dealer and BMW NA I'm not really impressed with their response so far. I've had to call each time to get any update. Especially not since I just made my second payment on it and haven't had it for the past week and a half.

To top things off, the wife was driving my truck in lieu of the X5 (X5 is hers), and since shes not comfortable with the size of it, managed to accidentally back into someone today... ....It just gets better and better.
I’m sorry about all that,I could understand them keeping it so long if it were a true drivability issue,but, to me, it’s an a minor inconvenience to hit the button and just drive and be careful about not hitting things and people that sucks about your wife and your truck, I hope all turns out okay.

mnewnam - your experience sounds horrible. I hope they have made (or make it) right.
Yeah, eventually they made it right and cut me a check for all of our expenses and inconvenience. Truck has been amazing since. I just wanted to let you know you're not the only one whose had to fight to get info on your vehicle. I kept telling them I just want communication. It was like pulling teeth.
Appreciate 1
wrickem2101.00
      01-21-2019, 10:07 PM   #25
rjb5183
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5

Just picked up my car today and had the same message pop up several times on my (long) drive home.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2019, 10:16 PM   #26
Bollywoodkid
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjb5183 View Post
Just picked up my car today and had the same message pop up several times on my (long) drive home.
Did you report it to your CA? Any feedback?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2019, 05:23 PM   #27
verruckt
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 M4, G05 X5, Gen 2 Raptor

And another update - now the dealer has no idea when the camera will become available. BMW NA customer reps are telling me they can't tell either, and that the dealers are responsible for parts, and no one from BMW NA can tell me this (as an ex-BMW tech, I'm calling bullshit).

I still do not have a loaner or the X5 back despite telling the dealer last Thursday that I needed something today. When I ask for the X5 back until the part comes in, my CA is telling me that they can't confirm the performance of the truck, and it would be on me in taking it back. That's a risk I'm not willing to take.

Because of this, I emailed two BMW NA execs tonight. Hopefully this gets some wheels turning, cause this is some nonsense.

Ironically, tomorrow I meet the requirements in my state to start the Lemon law process. It's something I'm seriously considering now, and its sad, because I love the X5 and everything... save for... you know.. not having it part
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2019, 05:37 PM   #28
wrickem
Big Beaver Smile
Rep

Quote:
And another update - now the dealer has no idea when the camera will become available. BMW NA customer reps are telling me they can't tell either, and that the dealers are responsible for parts, and no one from BMW NA can tell me this (as an ex-BMW tech, I'm calling bullshit).

I still do not have a loaner or the X5 back despite telling the dealer last Thursday that I needed something today. When I ask for the X5 back until the part comes in, my CA is telling me that they can't confirm the performance of the truck, and it would be on me in taking it back. That's a risk I'm not willing to take.

Because of this, I emailed two BMW NA execs tonight. Hopefully this gets some wheels turning, cause this is some nonsense.

Ironically, tomorrow I meet the requirements in my state to start the Lemon law process. It's something I'm seriously considering now, and its sad, because I love the X5 and everything... save for... you know.. not having it part
That’s a terrible update. I 100% blame your dealer for not stepping up to give your car back with reduced assistance or at least giving you a nice loaner for as long as they insist keeping your car.

I wish you the best of luck. Your story could have been mine if not for my dealership being so terrific with handling my exact same X5 problem.
      01-23-2019, 05:54 PM   #29
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:

There is absolutely no excuse for them not giving you a loaner for this.

Hopefully your email to the execs will help. You may also consider taking it back and going to another dealer, sounds like yours may not be the best one to deal with.

It certainly would not hurt you to start the lemon law process. You may not need to have it go to fulfillment but it may move things along.

Good luck and thanks for keeping us informed.
Appreciate 1
wrickem2101.00
      01-23-2019, 06:03 PM   #30
Jacpod
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2019 xDrive 4.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
What type of loaner did they give you?
I got a brand new 740i as a loaner, but took back my X5 after a few days. Too many fender benders in Nashville... The warnings are annoying, but the problem in known and awaiting the camera fix.
Appreciate 1
TurtleBoy12880.50
      01-23-2019, 06:03 PM   #31
2019x5User
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: bwm x5

Nail dealer down in BMW surveys
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2019, 06:51 PM   #32
X5_CC
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5 40i

Quote:
Wow, this is terrible. It makes my frustrations feel small compared to yours.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2019, 01:58 PM   #33
wrickem
Big Beaver Smile
Rep

I just got a message that my camera has arrived at my dealership. They’ll be installing it on Wednesday, and am hopeful this will fix this problem.

I’m pretty happy since the original ETA was March.

verruckt - maybe you can get your car fixed now since the cameras are arriving ...if you haven’t gone for lemon law by now. If you haven’t gone for lemon, your dealer hopefully has stepped up with a loaner at the very least you now!
TurtleBoy12880.50
      01-26-2019, 03:27 PM   #34
verruckt
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I just got a message that my camera has arrived at my dealership. They’ll be installing it on Wednesday, and am hopeful this will fix this problem.

verruckt - maybe you can get your car fixed now since the cameras are arriving ...if you haven’t gone for lemon law by now. If you haven’t gone for lemon, your dealer hopefully has stepped up with a loaner at the very least you now!
BMW NA has stepped up as of Friday and paid for a rental car for the time being. I had to write to those two execs though to get the ball moving sadly... The rental car wasn't the easiest to get either, but it is what it is.

I also haven't heard word about the camera yet. Last I heard from other sources is that they should be in around mid this week, which aligns with your Wednesday install. Maybe the shipment came in early. I also heard there are a lot on back order across the country so other dealers are clearly having the same issue.

Hopefully this fixes the issue and gets behind us. I love the car otherwise, but this has been a completely unneeded and unwanted headache that was horribly handled. I guess I could call it a clusterfk

Sucks I have another vehicle to repair now too on top of this
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2019, 03:36 PM   #35
wrickem
Big Beaver Smile
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

BMW NA has stepped up as of Friday and paid for a rental car for the time being. I had to write to those two execs though to get the ball moving sadly... The rental car wasn't the easiest to get either, but it is what it is.

I also haven't heard word about the camera yet. Last I heard from other sources is that they should be in around mid this week, which aligns with your Wednesday install. Maybe the shipment came in early. I also heard there are a lot on back order across the country so other dealers are clearly having the same issue.

Hopefully this fixes the issue and gets behind us. I love the car otherwise, but this has been a completely unneeded and unwanted headache that was horribly handled. I guess I could call it a clusterfk

Sucks I have another vehicle to repair now too on top of this
I'm glad they finally stepped up with a loaner. For me, it's okay since they didn't hold my car hostage, so it really isn't a big deal. And I really do love this G05.

I still can't believe that they did that to you. You're much nicer than I would have been.

Good luck with your other car too.
      01-29-2019, 05:50 PM   #36
verruckt
First Lieutenant
Rep

Another update - KAFAS was received and installed today. Picked up the X5 and it appears all is well.

I'm going to wait a week and see if it appears again before claiming all clear, but right off the bat here's some things I noticed fixed:
1. Obviously, no more "Reduced Driver Assistance" error
2. Vehicle isn't as twitchy on the highway
3. Speed limits display properly in the cluster and hud now
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2019, 06:01 PM   #37
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Another update - KAFAS was received and installed today. Picked up the X5 and it appears all is well.

I'm going to wait a week and see if it appears again before claiming all clear, but right off the bat here's some things I noticed fixed:

Excellent! Hopefully you will be trouble free from now on.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2019, 09:23 AM   #38
VAbmw
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 2019

Quote:

Good morning verruckt - We have the same issues with our BMW X5 2019 and I was wondering if the issue with "Reduced Driver Assistance" error is gone for good for you. Since your replaced your KAFAS at the end of Jan did you ever get that message again? I was driving yesterday for about 4 hours straight and the error message appeared probably 20-30 times.
Thanks a lot in advance.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2019, 10:16 AM   #39
verruckt
First Lieutenant
Rep

It's gone after the KAFAS replacement. I've had the vehicle since and we haven't seen the error again.

It's enough of a well known issue I'm surprised BMW hasn't issued a TSB / recall for them yet, but I'm just guessing they can't produce enough of them to do that.
Appreciate 2
wrickem2101.00
VAbmw0.00
      02-19-2019, 11:41 AM   #40
Doc5513
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAbmw View Post
Quote:

Good morning verruckt - We have the same issues with our BMW X5 2019 and I was wondering if the issue with "Reduced Driver Assistance" error is gone for good for you. Since your replaced your KAFAS at the end of Jan did you ever get that message again? I was driving yesterday for about 4 hours straight and the error message appeared probably 20-30 times.
Thanks a lot in advance.
Were you in the rain or snow?
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2019, 01:33 PM   #41
mikestpierre
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F98 - X4M Competition

This happened to my 40i the day I picked it up and about 40 more times before I brought it in for service.

They ordered a new front camera assembly and when that comes in they are going to do a full reprogram of the car.

Fingers crossed!
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2019, 07:59 AM   #42
VAbmw
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 2019

Thanks for your response earlier. It was a beautiful day and the roads were clear and well marked so unfortunately it's definitely something wrong with our car. I'm taking it to the dealer again on this Friday.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2019, 08:08 AM   #43
Doc5513
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAbmw View Post
Thanks for your response earlier. It was a beautiful day and the roads were clear and well marked so unfortunately it's definitely something wrong with our car. I'm taking it to the dealer again on this Friday.
Gotcha. I used to get a similar alert on my F15 but it was always in rain or slush.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2019, 09:16 PM   #44
mnx5er
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5 3.5i

I picked up a new 50i on Saturday and am getting the Driving assistance support reduced error message. Lasts a minute or so and then seems to clear.

I contacted my dealer today. Does anyone have an official bulletin number for this?
Appreciate 0