E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rldzhao View Post
Clarkson didn't actually drive the car. It was done in front of a blue screen. If you look closely the speedometer is at zero. The rest of the footage is from some type of AM promotional video!
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:bHd:. View Post
yuppp i didnt actually look at the speedo but you could tell from the camera motion.. Theres no way you can get a smooth pan like that when the car is driving
Its either the dash board is broken, or Clarkson really has a steady foot, or computer generated dash board. When the factory dashboard (assuming the LHD and RHD are using the same dash board and clusters), the needles are pointing towards the center, but in the video, its more like about 60 km/h and about 3k rpm.....

attached are the interior when the car is at stationary and the screen shot taken from Top Gear....

Last edited by E90SLAM; 01-17-2011 at 12:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2009, 11:42 PM   #24
jibaholic101
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: women wild

what was with the depressing ending, are the rumors true that clarkson is leaving?
      08-03-2009, 11:50 PM   #25
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jibaholic101 View Post
what was with the depressing ending, are the rumors true that clarkson is leaving?
somehow i feel they're kinda running out of ideas for challenges in this series....
      08-04-2009, 04:39 AM   #26
DrunkOnJ20
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: RIP E90 :(

Depressing 'review'...
      08-04-2009, 09:09 AM   #27
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

I don't like the shifter. Or the steering wheel.
      08-04-2009, 10:49 AM   #28
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by news 4 u View Post
I don't like the shifter. Or the steering wheel.

the shifter looks like an arm from Robocop!
      08-04-2009, 08:29 PM   #29
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Clarkson is so strange. He acted like he loved the V12 Vantage on the TV show but he ragged on it in his written review.
      08-04-2009, 08:36 PM   #30
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep

The speedo on the Vantage is weird. 0 mph/kph is at around 5 or 6 o'clock, like in the video below, so I guess Clarkson may have in fact been driving the car (unless it was on a dyno or something with a greenscreen behind it).

[u2b]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hpdt_5DJNDI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hpdt_5DJNDI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/u2b]
      08-04-2009, 08:42 PM   #31
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
Clarkson didn't actually drive the car. It was done in front of a blue screen. If you look closely the speedometer is at zero. The rest of the footage is from some type of AM promotional video!
The speedo and tach aren't at zero, they start at the bottom and move upward. Speedo rotates clockwise tach rotates counter. In the video the speedo is at about 60 and the tach is at about 3k

As far as the panning goes my friend says it's possible with a liquid tripod head and some kind of consistent motion control, but I have a hard time believing that.
      08-04-2009, 09:10 PM   #32
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
The speedo and tach aren't at zero, they start at the bottom and move upward. Speedo rotates clockwise tach rotates counter. In the video the speedo is at about 60 and the tach is at about 3k

I beat you
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...6&postcount=32

Quote:
As far as the panning goes my friend says it's possible with a liquid tripod head and some kind of consistent motion control, but I have a hard time believing that.
I think this episode was sort of the swan song of Top Gear, so they may have decided to pulled out all the stops. Still, I doubt that the camera had active suspension or something, so my belief is that some of the video in the review was filmed by Aston Martin themselves.
      08-04-2009, 09:16 PM   #33
koreez88
Всем привет ;)
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
somehow i feel they're kinda running out of ideas for challenges in this series....
Felt that same way too
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2009, 09:27 PM   #34
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
The speedo on the Vantage is weird. 0 mph/kph is at around 5 or 6 o'clock, like in the video below, so I guess Clarkson may have in fact been driving the car (unless it was on a dyno or something with a greenscreen behind it).

[u2b]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hpdt_5DJNDI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hpdt_5DJNDI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/u2b]
Quote:

Quote:
I beat you
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...6&postcount=32

I think this episode was sort of the swan song of Top Gear, so they may have decided to pulled out all the stops. Still, I doubt that the camera had active suspension or something, so my belief is that some of the video in the review was filmed by Aston Martin themselves.
I beat all of you....but no one cares about the pics i posted...
and i dun have video lik you....

anywayz....from the way Clarkson ends the show....just seems like this is the last episode of Top Gear they'll ever show....
(just guessing...)
      08-04-2009, 10:53 PM   #35
.:bHd:.
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i MT

Quote:
liquid tripod? lol never heard of it.. Only way they could have done it is iht a steady cam but that would be close to impossible in that tight space in such a stiff car

Appreciate 0
      08-05-2009, 02:25 AM   #36
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:

OT: That is not fast.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2009, 06:56 AM   #37
335ifanatic
Major
Rep
Drives: Revuelto, Urus Performante, X5

Quote:
Yup, I noticed that as well plus the scenery behind Clarkson is a giveaway that it was a blue screen or computer generated.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2009, 09:47 AM   #38
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335ifanatic View Post
Yup, I noticed that as well plus the scenery behind Clarkson is a giveaway that it was a blue screen or computer generated.
then the speedometer must be computer generated as well....
      08-05-2009, 11:33 AM   #39
EmPower
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 xdrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
I beat all of you....but no one cares about the pics i posted...
and i dun have video lik you....

anywayz....from the way Clarkson ends the show....just seems like this is the last episode of Top Gear they'll ever show....
(just guessing...)
It was definately very surreal. Makes you wonder. I did enjoy it though and the swan song sure would bring tears to any true petrolheads eyes.

Forget the dramatization. What if this is the "gulp" end?
19 Audi SQ5 (sold), 20 Audi S6 (sold),
22 Audi SQ5
Appreciate 0