BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-29-2007, 04:36 PM   #45
nico335
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo8MRto335I View Post
The last few passes I started doing DTC off and launching with the paddle shifters with great results. The issue is determing which combo is better, the car is so consistent that I almost get identical times so I couldn't really tell, sorry.
when you launched with the paddle shifters, what did you rev at? sorry for all the questions just trying to prepare myself for the next time i go to LACR
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2007, 04:37 PM   #46
zetaxi165
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '07 e92 335, TiAg

Quote:
Originally Posted by techlogik View Post
Not to rain on your parade or any of the crack/meth heads on this post. But, there is no way you could keep up with even a half ass driven 2005 996 turbo. 0-60 is about 4 seconds and 450hp.

There is just no comparison between the two or should you even mention you tried to race one. Anyone with a brain in there head and minimal knowledge would be embarassed for you and the story.

I guess I should have made it clear, I knew the car would whip me. I knew he wasn't pushing it as fast as he could, He looked like he was just out to enjoy the drive and he looked surprised at the lights that a 3 series was keeping pace with him (we were taking some bits very fast).

I just wanted to see how much I could hang with a 911 turbo. We did chat for about a minute at the light and he was really surprised about the 335.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2007, 04:42 PM   #47
OBI_agent
D to the X to the B!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: ABS,American bargain supercar

Dubai bro!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetaxi165 View Post
If I had the money I would have the 335 as my daily driver and a 911 Turbo type car for my weekend fun...

Yo, its nice to hear from a person who lives in the same country bro. Anyway, i couldnt agree with you more......911 turbo weekend car for mamzar or jumeirah and 335 everyday. But now the skyline is coming up,so I am thinking again!

Hmmmm, Dubai really sucks for getting the best out of turbos(its freakin hot ova here) but, believe it or not, turbos is the rage ova here. Anyway, congrats on ur 335i. Hopefully inshalla, i will buy the coupe next year. I am also thinkin about the 135i :O! Thats gonna be freakin fast!!!!

Yo by curiosity , do u have procede chipon ur car? If you dont , its hard to believe that u were staying with a monster like 911 turbo(996) too. I agree with other ppl, i think the driver wasnt tryin too hard or somethings wrong with his car. Yo no offence bro, but its a freakin 911turbo !!!!

anyway nice race though!

take care bro,
bimmers are the way to go!:rocks:
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2007, 04:45 PM   #48
Evo8MRto335I
Captain
Spain
Rep
Drives: can't list them all

Quote:
Originally Posted by that guy nico View Post
when you launched with the paddle shifters, what did you rev at? sorry for all the questions just trying to prepare myself for the next time i go to LACR

1500-2500rpm. This car has so much torque that even at 1500rpm will do fine.

Keep in mind that what I am going to tell you it might sounds insane and crazy but the BMW is the only car I ever had which I raced at the track with RWD. In the 12 years that I have been drag racing I only had either FWD or AWD (mayority) so just about anyone else on this forum would be as good giving you an advise.

I ocasionally use the G-tech but I don't really pay much attention to that. I keep reading over and over from people posting their Belltronic and Gtech times and I say to myself that proves not much. You really need to take the car to a real track with real speed sensors and real timeslips.

If you have a Steptronic I wouldn't even worry much at all, the Steptronics are truly phenomenal launching from a dead stop. That is the great adavantage of the Step, even if you never raced the car before it allows you to pull coinsistent great 60' times so I wouldn't strees that too much, I know that you will do excellent times.

If you put an expert and a roockie on a Step mostl;ikely they will pull identical 60', if you put a rookie and a expert on a 6 speed manual chances are that the expert will leave the roockie in the dust when launching. For that same reason I am not worry about you launching it.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2007, 04:53 PM   #49
zetaxi165
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBI_agent View Post
Yo, its nice to hear from a person who lives in the same country bro. Anyway, i couldnt agree with you more......911 turbo weekend car for mamzar or jumeirah and 335 everyday. But now the skyline is coming up,so I am thinking again!

Hmmmm, Dubai really sucks for getting the best out of turbos(its freakin hot ova here) but, believe it or not, turbos is the rage ova here. Anyway, congrats on ur 335i. Hopefully inshalla, i will buy the coupe next year. I am also thinkin about the 135i :O! Thats gonna be freakin fast!!!!

Yo by curiosity , do u have procede chipon ur car? If you dont , its hard to believe that u were staying with a monster like 911 turbo(996) too. I agree with other ppl, i think the driver wasnt tryin too hard or somethings wrong with his car. Yo no offence bro, but its a freakin 911turbo !!!!

anyway nice race though!

take care bro,
bimmers are the way to go!:rocks:

Another Car nut in my neck of the woods.

Get the 335 man - you will not be disappointed. It is the perfect all round car - A ton of speed and a comfortable cruiser when you want it to be (for all those slow treks throug Jumeirah's million speed cameras.)

I did have some fun with this car on Jebel Hafeet in February (it was a little chilly that day).

I have kept my car bone stock for now - plan to add the the M aero kit (I think thats what is called) in a few months - keep the car feeling fresh you know.

So whats your ride like? Have you modded yours?

The 135 is gonna be the teen racers dream...
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2007, 05:48 PM   #50
OBI_agent
D to the X to the B!
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Quote:
Another Car nut in my neck of the woods.

Get the 335 man - you will not be disappointed. It is the perfect all round car - A ton of speed and a comfortable cruiser when you want it to be (for all those slow treks throug Jumeirah's million speed cameras.)

I did have some fun with this car on Jebel Hafeet in February (it was a little chilly that day).

I have kept my car bone stock for now - plan to add the the M aero kit (I think thats what is called) in a few months - keep the car feeling fresh you know.

So whats your ride like? Have you modded yours?

The 135 is gonna be the teen racers dream...
Hey bro,
Yeh lolz..jumeirah does have many cameras!!! But once you know it , you own it! Anyway....I hope you get the M aero kit, its gonna look awesome! Yo yeh, jabal hafeet is kewl to go up but going down is messy....brakes fade!

Hmmm, i have xenon lights put on my car and a spoiler.......i guess u can call that a mod but other then that its stock! Nothing on the engine yet, but as soon my warranty finishes.......i am thinkin of puttin a airfilter and a exhaust system. Anyway, I bought this car 2 years ago for 100 g's (dhs)......I was pretty happy with it because, I use to own a chevy blazer which sucks in twisties....actually all suvs do, but blazers are .
SO i was really happy to get a sedan because it handles alot betta then a freakin suv. Officially, accord v6 is my first my car, blazer use to be my sisters. Anyway, I also bought it for another reason....I hang out in a group where altima's and maximas are the rage .......so i wanted something that kiked both these cars asses.....so i went with accord. I didnt go with lumina SS because dad hates american. I guess its faster then 330ci auto too....but i dont think its as stable as 330 on high speeds.

Anyway 335 will be a monster for me to handle as i have only 3 yrs of driving experience but hopefully the traction control will keep me in check !

Yo i got a question, did you race a g35 (07) or a lumina ss (07) model by any chance? How bad did u laugh at them afta kikin them....lolz.....! My friend still thinks a g35 would kill a 335 ....but afta he gets it, i want him to eat his words!

Anyway tc bro,
3 in the mornin!
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2007, 06:56 PM   #51
logik06g35
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: g35 6mt, 335i soon, 07 yfz450

its funny how bmw biased ppl are to the point that yous lose conception of reality. Theres another thread on here about a procede 335i vs an m6 and everyone is saying no way the m6 will murder you blah blah.

911 turbos will murder m6's....
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2007, 07:31 PM   #52
Black Chili
IT geek
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Black Saphire Metalic

A win is a win and he has the time slips to back it up- good kill

That said there is a difference between beating the driver and beating the car. A fully modded 335 will (WILL) get smoked by a properly driven 996tt- which buy the way runs a solid 12.3 @ 115mph bone stock in the right hands. Racing a 997tt is a waste of gas for both cars as would be racing a late model M5 or M6- the 335i will get eaten alive. If you're a 335i driver and think for 2 seconds that isn't the case, PM me- I'll give you my address so you can send me some of whatever it is your smoking

The problem here is common across many manufactures and forums. 99% of the time you beat a faster car you really be the guy who doesn't know how to drive it, or made a simple mistake in the heat of battle and blew the launch, missed a shift, ect..
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2007, 10:28 PM   #53
AAHTT
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 335 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle335 View Post
I have both - 997 Turbo + 335 Pro - the 335 Pro is fast, but the 997TT is in a whole 'nuther league...
Nice to know my 335 Pro has a big brutha in case we get our azzes handed over to us sometime...:rocks:

First post and glad to be here. Thanks for this entertaining thread, I too own both (though the 3 is still on the boat), but I have had the 997TT for over a year now and I just test drove a 335 extensively including highway driving.
Let me just say that it will take much more than a chip to get anywhere near the TT's acceleration (even a 996TT) let alone a stock 335.
Actually the 335 did feel quicker than my modded boxster, but was more in line with a Cayman S.
Anyhow I can't wait to have my coupe delivered in a couple of weeks and will definitely post impressions and maybe a clip if the wife feels like racing.
2001 Boxster (sold)
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2007, 12:29 AM   #54
JmanE55
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335i Coupe

Garage List
09 C4S  [0.00]
2007 E92  [0.00]
2006 CLS55  [0.00]
2006 E55  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by elucas730 View Post
The 911 driver obviously screwed something up. 2.6 second 60' time for an AWD 911 turbo? Something screwy there. Look at the trap speeds 105 for the 911 and 101 for the 335 (both low)...the 911 was reeling him in despite the bad start. Please don't even begin to dream that a 335 is faster than a 911 turbo.
+1. That driver in the 911 turbo MUST NOT know how to drive.
GONE: 13GS350 Fsport, 11TT, 13GTR BE, 13GS350 Fsport, 13 GTR Premium, 13GS350 Fsport, 09TT, 11 RX350, 12 IS350 Fsport, 10 E63, 08 E350, 11 RR HSE, 10 GTR, 09 C2S cab, 09 C4S, 09 C63, 06 CLS55, 06 E55, 05 E55
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2007, 01:41 AM   #55
zetaxi165
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBI_agent View Post
Hey bro,
Yeh lolz..jumeirah does have many cameras!!! But once you know it , you own it! Anyway....I hope you get the M aero kit, its gonna look awesome! Yo yeh, jabal hafeet is kewl to go up but going down is messy....brakes fade!

Hmmm, i have xenon lights put on my car and a spoiler.......i guess u can call that a mod but other then that its stock! Nothing on the engine yet, but as soon my warranty finishes.......i am thinkin of puttin a airfilter and a exhaust system. Anyway, I bought this car 2 years ago for 100 g's (dhs)......I was pretty happy with it because, I use to own a chevy blazer which sucks in twisties....actually all suvs do, but blazers are .
SO i was really happy to get a sedan because it handles alot betta then a freakin suv. Officially, accord v6 is my first my car, blazer use to be my sisters. Anyway, I also bought it for another reason....I hang out in a group where altima's and maximas are the rage .......so i wanted something that kiked both these cars asses.....so i went with accord. I didnt go with lumina SS because dad hates american. I guess its faster then 330ci auto too....but i dont think its as stable as 330 on high speeds.

Anyway 335 will be a monster for me to handle as i have only 3 yrs of driving experience but hopefully the traction control will keep me in check !

Yo i got a question, did you race a g35 (07) or a lumina ss (07) model by any chance? How bad did u laugh at them afta kikin them....lolz.....! My friend still thinks a g35 would kill a 335 ....but afta he gets it, i want him to eat his words!

Anyway tc bro,
3 in the mornin!
I have gone up against my friend's Lumina SS coupe (06) and I beat him by about 1.5 car lengths (this was between traffic lights). Those Luminas are fast but very inefficient engines and a horrible tranny. I know the 335 will kill a g35. Most people don't realise that the 335 is actually a sub 5 second car. BMW is not posting the real numbers for this. And you would be surprised how easy this car is to handle. Stable as a rock even at high speeds.

The accord V6 is a pretty decent car. I would pick that over the Lumina, Altima etc.

How is the blazer off road? I wanna pick up a weekend 4x4 for some camping trips etc.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2007, 05:53 AM   #56
Jonmartin
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Hey look this thread made it on 6speedonline.com those dudes are funny people..
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2007, 06:30 AM   #57
1q2w3e4r
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Rep
Drives: BMW

No offence you guys are kidding, a bone stock 996 TT traps 117 in the 1/4 mile. A 335 runs no where near that, even with a "procede" you guys are raving on like this thing is the badest arse car to hit the road!
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2007, 06:39 AM   #58
elucas730
I'm just here for the turbo
Rep
Drives: 2004 STi, 2007 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1q2w3e4r View Post
you guys are raving on like this thing is the badest arse car to hit the road!
Did you even bother to read the thread?
      07-30-2007, 06:42 AM   #59
1q2w3e4r
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Rep
Drives: BMW

Yeah I read the thread Thanks precious!
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2007, 06:44 AM   #60
elucas730
I'm just here for the turbo
Rep
Drives: 2004 STi, 2007 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1q2w3e4r View Post
Yeah I read the thread Thanks precious!
Then maybe you posted in the wrong place? I don't see anyone "raving on like this thing is the badest arse car to hit the road". What I see is a bunch of people saying that 911 is clearly a fast car and that the 335i cannot compete with it. Hardly raving.
      07-30-2007, 11:15 AM   #61
Phil G
Dominator of Deep South curvy roads
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 335i Coupe

So it has pretty much been established, the Porsche driver probably just didn't know what he was doing. I just think that many Porsche drivers don't know how to unleash everything their cars have. Here's another example:

I was driving back home during my lunch break when a 997 Carrera 4S Cabrio zooms up and pulls beside me, checks out my car, then gives the "I wanna go" lurch forward. So I drop it into 2nd and take off. Granted with the car he is driving he should be able to reel me in fairly easily, but he is having a hard time keeping up letting alone chasing me down. I eventually level off and let him pass on by (and to hear the sweet exhaust as he goes by ). I just don't believe he knew how to shift properly, or is that car really just not a whole lot faster than my 335i like I thought it was? I know Road & Track got the Carrera S to 60 in 3.9 sec, could the ragtop and AWD really slow it down that much?
-'07 335i coupe (build date 02/2007) - Space Grey/Black Dakota/Dark Burl - 6MT/ZPP/ZSP/Nav/CA/Heated Seats. Acquired in Munich 3/2007 via European Delivery. 16 years and almost 220k miles of pure joy!
-'06 911 Carrera S - Black/Black - Full Leather/Sport Chrono/Porsche Sport Exhaust/Nav - 80k miles. Acquired 1/2021. One needy old German car just wasn't enough!
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2007, 03:19 PM   #62
OBI_agent
D to the X to the B!
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Quote:
I have gone up against my friend's Lumina SS coupe (06) and I beat him by about 1.5 car lengths (this was between traffic lights). Those Luminas are fast but very inefficient engines and a horrible tranny. I know the 335 will kill a g35. Most people don't realise that the 335 is actually a sub 5 second car. BMW is not posting the real numbers for this. And you would be surprised how easy this car is to handle. Stable as a rock even at high speeds.

The accord V6 is a pretty decent car. I would pick that over the Lumina, Altima etc.

How is the blazer off road? I wanna pick up a weekend 4x4 for some camping trips etc.
Hey bro! Yeh I saw a video of a fellow e90 member, 'kapoo' from kuwait! In that video, he rapes a lumina ss manual(manual tranny claimed, not sure) with his automatic 335i coupe! Awesome right?

Yeh I know 335i is a sub 5 sec car but did you know that a g35 07 is faster then the new lumina ss 07? I got facts proving that! Anyway, I am sure you would kill a g35 with ease! 335 is that powerful! Yo man, u gotto get some videos bro..u got the car for it!

Thanks for the vote of confidence bro on accord! But i want 335i !

Yo, if you want an off roader, there is nothing better then the Land Cruiser! I know its a gas guzzler but, its the king of the desert! Blazer totally sucked in desert rallying ! Anyway, whoever tells you a Nissan Patrol is betta then Land Cruiser in the desert, that person doesnt know what he is talkin about! Why do you think, all the desert safari tour companies have only and only, Land Cruiser as their vehicle?

Tc bro.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2007, 04:37 PM   #63
ALPINE6SPD
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 328i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by technik111 View Post
A 996 or 997 turbo is much faster than a 335, procede or not. If you raced one and beat it, it was serious driver error.
he must have forgot to hit the gas. Also what fool runs a 14.1 in a 911 turbo? Those cars are low 12's all day with a good driver.
2008 AW X3 3.0si: 6 speed Returned
2006 AW e90 330i: 6 speed Dinan Stage 1 Returned
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2007, 04:51 PM   #64
naRtuhp///M3
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2004 SG/IR BMW M3

wow what are you 335i guy's smoking man, i'd sure love to try some, holy hell noone evar loses in their 335i on this forum and now making claims vs' 911's and M6's. Good stuff, though the 335i's are no doubt superb cars... i think people are way in over their heads.
*flame suit on
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2007, 01:16 AM   #65
Jonmartin
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by naRtuhp///M3 View Post
wow what are you 335i guy's smoking man, i'd sure love to try some, holy hell noone evar loses in their 335i on this forum and now making claims vs' 911's and M6's. Good stuff, though the 335i's are no doubt superb cars... i think people are way in over their heads.
*flame suit on
I think your smart you discovered the obvious.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2007, 06:33 AM   #66
enfield
Civilian
Canada
Rep
Drives: Jaguar F-Type V8 S

God's gift to car-kind!! BMW's flagship car - the best they ever made!!!! The 335i
Appreciate 0