BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-21-2021, 07:58 PM   #1
cehsirop
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Dealer-added features in negotiations

I'm in process of negotiating for my first BMW, custom build (xDrive40i, phyotonic blue, premium package, drivi g assistance pro, parking assistance, running boards, window shades). Dealer has gotten down 10.5% off MSRP (including incentives, which I know is not best way to look at this, but he wouldn't split out how he got to that number). Either way, I'm pretty happy with it given what I've seen others' experiences in the Dallas area with rarely getting discounts. I would like to minimize after-market purchases/add ons....

So my questions...
1. Are there other "add ons" that I could consider asking for (i.e not sure what mats are standard Included but I'd be interested in the all weather if that's something they sometimes do)
2. Do BMWs have the door edge protective film to keep from paint chips? If not standard, is that recommended and then is that something the dealer would do?
3. Anything else that I should consider asking for as part of dealer add-ons?
4. Confirming that the BMW finance offers and incentives can be combined with whatever they offer otherwise.
5. Random and not necessarily applicable to this sub-forum, but does the towing package deactivate/eliminate the hands free trunk opening?

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2021, 08:46 PM   #2
MustGoFast
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cehsirop View Post
I'm in process of negotiating for my first BMW, custom build (xDrive40i, phyotonic blue, premium package, drivi g assistance pro, parking assistance, running boards, window shades). Dealer has gotten down 10.5% off MSRP (including incentives, which I know is not best way to look at this, but he wouldn't split out how he got to that number). Either way, I'm pretty happy with it given what I've seen others' experiences in the Dallas area with rarely getting discounts. I would like to minimize after-market purchases/add ons....

So my questions...
1. Are there other "add ons" that I could consider asking for (i.e not sure what mats are standard Included but I'd be interested in the all weather if that's something they sometimes do)
2. Do BMWs have the door edge protective film to keep from paint chips? If not standard, is that recommended and then is that something the dealer would do?
3. Anything else that I should consider asking for as part of dealer add-ons?
4. Confirming that the BMW finance offers and incentives can be combined with whatever they offer otherwise.
5. Random and not necessarily applicable to this sub-forum, but does the towing package deactivate/eliminate the hands free trunk opening?

Thanks in advance!
Regarding #5 yes it does but I don't care I've never found the foot openings all that useful
Appreciate 1
      03-22-2021, 02:10 PM   #3
leightos
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 24 XM,'21 45e 'Lemon', '23 45e

Dealer add-ons they told me about - the usual added warranty - which I think is sa waste.
But they will try and sell maintenance at their shops - it was steep $2800 over x number of years (I forgot).
And they tried to sell coverage for the interior, like stain or ripped leather, they will fix or replace. Didn't get a quote yet.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2021, 06:45 PM   #4
shadab.ashraf56
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 430i

Quote:
Originally Posted by leightos View Post
Dealer add-ons they told me about - the usual added warranty - which I think is sa waste.
But they will try and sell maintenance at their shops - it was steep $2800 over x number of years (I forgot).
And they tried to sell coverage for the interior, like stain or ripped leather, they will fix or replace. Didn't get a quote yet.
Did they quoted any amount for tire and wheel protection?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2021, 11:02 PM   #5
leightos
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 24 XM,'21 45e 'Lemon', '23 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadab.ashraf56 View Post
Did they quoted any amount for tire and wheel protection?
No, sorry
Appreciate 1
50M105.00
      03-24-2021, 04:24 PM   #6
TXDroneRacer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 M5 Comp, 21 X5 M50i

Garage List
I leased two new BMWs this year. I talked with the sales guy about lease protection and windshield insurance before going to the finance guy. I recommend negotiating that before going to the finance guy. Makes it easier anyways.

Lease protection allows for bald tires and scratches upon return, so it provides a peace of mind for my wife and I. I am not certain, but I think it covers up to $7,500 in excess wear and use at turn in. I need to verify this.

Windshield insurance. We live in Houston. Concrete roads and millions of big trucks and cars. It rains rocks of all sizes here. We moved here in 2015. All my windshields have been hit hard.
Appreciate 0