BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-18-2024, 11:43 AM   #1
mscot
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e

Who makes the highest quality subs for X5 underseat?

Hi. New X5 with HK system that I detest.
I will likely end up doing the Bimmertech amplifier but would prefer starting with the subs.

Who is making the best subwoofers for this location? Looking for a high sensitivity and probably 2ohm. I'm trying to get as much bass out of them as possible. I listen to lots of electronic music as well as indie/punk/rock etc.

I looked at Focal but they were actually not very high on sensitivity. The Bimmertech subs are actually more sensitive.

My last car had all Hertz and JL so this HK system is a huge downgrade.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2024, 12:44 PM   #2
Diirek
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E93 M3, G05 X5 xDrive50i

Aftermarket replacement options are limited and expensive, and I don't believe they'll provide the the oomph you're looking for. Technic PnP provides an adapter harness that will allow you to either install an aftermarket amp to the factory speakers (or power replacement/upgraded underseat woofers) or to hijack the audio signal and install an aftermarket amp and subwoofer (the direction I decided to go). Ended up utilizing the empty spare tire well to keep things clean and not eat up any cargo space.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2024, 03:17 PM   #3
mscot
First Lieutenant
Rep

I have a PHEV so there's no spare tire to use for a sub and I dont think the X5 cargo area is roomy enough to take up space with a box. I'm stuck with the underseat subs.

I'm taking your reply as saying "it doesn't really matter the brand, the improvement is limited without an amp"
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2024, 02:11 PM   #4
mscot
First Lieutenant
Rep

Anyone?

My buddy in Portland just got Focal for his home audio, and granted, he spent as much as a small car used to cost for them, but they did sound amazing.

However, the FOcals for the BMW have such a low sensitivity that it concerns me.
Appreciate 0