BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-18-2023, 02:48 PM   #1
androbot
Hungary
Rep
Drives: X5 F85 40d M packet

Hi everyone,

I have a 2021 X5 G05 40d with M pack. My transmission was replaced in warranty a week ago. I did not own before a bimmer, but I knew the ZF transmission’s are reliable and fast, so I wasn’t expecting a feel of small “jumps” at lower speed 3-4 gears and also in sport plus mode at full throttle. The service point recommended to change the transmission and transferbox oil. The resetted the settings as well. I wasted 400 EUR and it did not help. They reported the issue to the HQ, and got a response to remove the cover of the transmission and to take some photos. They found some metal particles, so BMW sent a new transmission to replace. The job took 2 days. I have been insturcted to drive 300km and to come back for inspection. Unfortunately the shifter is same as it was. I have an appointment for inspection but prior to that I wanted to ask the community wether someone else has experienced something similiar?! Also I noticed that it is not capable to max out kW and Nm according to the menu on the dashboard. acceleration video
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-21-2023, 09:08 AM   #2
Anders R
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M3 Touring

How are your tyre thread? Are they the "*" BMW approved and are they standard dimensions? I have heard about issues when the diameter between front and rear is too different, where the transfer box makes trouble and could lead to some of the symptoms that you describe.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2023, 10:02 AM   #3
androbot
Hungary
Rep
Drives: X5 F85 40d M packet

Anders R interseting, however they are factory ordered default, more precisely: 275/35R22 104Y on the front, and 315/30R22 107Y on the back.
Appreciate 0