BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-21-2022, 03:00 AM   #441
jojim65
Rep
Drives: 2015 M Sport F11

At last I have had some movement on mine, I was getting a little impatient so after speaking to BMW Genius and obtaining my AG number it looks like the car was built on the 23rd June and says shipped on the 8th July.

Having checked the shipping movements nearest I can find to the correct 'delivery' date of 26th July is on a ship called Patriot which will stop at Antwerp and the Bremerhaven on the 26th. Any idea why it goes to Germany first?

I now also have the VIN number which shows iDrive controller touch deleted but that's it.

Any ideas how long it will take to reach my front door?
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2022, 05:23 AM   #442
malvern_man
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 40i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojim65 View Post
At last I have had some movement on mine, I was getting a little impatient so after speaking to BMW Genius and obtaining my AG number it looks like the car was built on the 23rd June and says shipped on the 8th July.

Having checked the shipping movements nearest I can find to the correct 'delivery' date of 26th July is on a ship called Patriot which will stop at Antwerp and the Bremerhaven on the 26th. Any idea why it goes to Germany first?

I now also have the VIN number which shows iDrive controller touch deleted but that's it.

Any ideas how long it will take to reach my front door?

My X5 arrived at Southampton on May 31st and was then transported to a compound at Doncaster and was held there awaiting a technical update until it was delivered to the dealership on June 16th where it was then PDI'd and I picked it up on June 18th.

Just to add... Doncaster is nowhere near my dealership, I can only assume it's a central hub

You'll probably have the manual lower tailgate too, I was assured by my dealer and by the BMW genius that it was coming with the auto lower tailgate but it didn't, does it bother me...not one bit, to be honest it's far quicker to press the button and lower it by hand.
Appreciate 0