BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-16-2022, 02:48 AM   #67
Graydon3112
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05 45eM

Great info in this thread. Ordered a 45e to replace my M50d in late November. Dealer (Knights North Staffs) said they had a slot allocated which they could use which would mean vehicle delivered to them mid end Feb. I said I’d pick it up 1 March. When I chased this week they’re now saying delivery has slipped and it ‘may’ be with them in April. My issue is that I’m probably going to need 4 new tyres plus brake pads and brake fluid changing if it slips into April. They’ve already said they’ll as honour trade in value but is it reasonable to ask for a loan vehicle from the 1st March so I don’t incur the extra costs on current vehicle?
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2022, 06:36 AM   #68
Tomo28
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graydon3112 View Post
Great info in this thread. Ordered a 45e to replace my M50d in late November. Dealer (Knights North Staffs) said they had a slot allocated which they could use which would mean vehicle delivered to them mid end Feb. I said I’d pick it up 1 March. When I chased this week they’re now saying delivery has slipped and it ‘may’ be with them in April. My issue is that I’m probably going to need 4 new tyres plus brake pads and brake fluid changing if it slips into April. They’ve already said they’ll as honour trade in value but is it reasonable to ask for a loan vehicle from the 1st March so I don’t incur the extra costs on current vehicle?
Absolutely not. I always think in these situations, the worst they can say is no. Someone on here got a fully loaded 5 series as a loan vehicle.

Agreed about this thread. Nice to have a UK section given how many differences there are between the US and European X5s.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2022, 10:43 AM   #69
DelloW
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive45e MSport

I ordered a 45e in mid Nov, told delivery end of May!
Hoping HK sound will be available by then.
Disapointed in the limited colour choice...
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2022, 11:49 AM   #70
Tomo28
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelloW View Post
I ordered a 45e in mid Nov, told delivery end of May!
Hoping HK sound will be available by then.
Disapointed in the limited colour choice...
I was surprised by the limited colour choice too.

Mine won't have HK which is a shame but I'm going to try and get hold of the plug and play bimmertech amp. Reports from others on here say it makes the hifi system sound better than the HK.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2022, 11:55 AM   #71
Makefish
Ex Moddy
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo28 View Post
.... Mine won't have HK which is a shame but I'm going to try and get hold of the plug and play bimmertech amp. Reports from others on here say it makes the hifi system sound better than the HK.
Expecting car shortly but have bought the Bimmertech Amp and Alpha One speakers in anticipation, results are supposed to be good but I'll let you know after I've fitted 'em!
X5 45e in Arctic Grey with Merino Leather, Technology Plus Pack, Comfort Pack, M Sport Pro Pack, Shadow Line Pack, Sky Lounge, Acoustic Glass, Tow Bar, Sun Protection Glass, Sky Lounge, Carbon Mirror Caps and Laser Lights.
Appreciate 1
Tomo2817.00
      01-17-2022, 01:34 PM   #72
Tomo28
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makefish View Post
Expecting car shortly but have bought the Bimmertech Amp and Alpha One speakers in anticipation, results are supposed to be good but I'll let you know after I've fitted 'em!
That would be great cheers!

Where did you order them from out of interest? The bimmertech site is all in $ but I did notice they had a UK phone number I was going to try.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2022, 05:06 AM   #73
retals77
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Haven't posted on this thread as haven't really had anything to add from what others are saying.

Ordered car in June, build October and 'on hold' since.

Got word today that it set sail from Germany yesterday and they are looking at delivery W/C 31st January.

Missing the HK and wireless charging but air suspension is on it.

Hope others with a similar timeline also have cars on the open seas as well!!
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2022, 07:01 AM   #74
55JWB
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by retals77 View Post
Got word today that it set sail from Germany yesterday and they are looking at delivery W/C 31st January.
Dont suppose you can find out how many cars left Germany? There seems to be more than a transporter full of delayed cars just in this thread...

Like you, we ordered ours in early July, I think ours was confirmed as built around October and was due "December" We have said we dont want until 1st March now as away for a chunk of February.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2022, 07:43 AM   #75
55JWB
Rep

Ok, as per the post just above mine, just had an email from our SA at the Dealership confirming

"IVSR is showing delivery of 01/02/2022 - 06/02/2022"

Does anyone know what IVSR is?

I would expect ours is on the same ship mentioned above, I immediately reminded the SA that we still dont want delivery until March 1st, he had to discuss with the "New Cars Manager" who wasnt able to confirm and mentioned something about a "10 day price guarantee" anyone know what that might mean??

After being very patient I now dont want to be 'bullied' into taking delivery before 1st March as it will have an impact on value when we dispose of it.

Any help gratefully appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2022, 12:24 PM   #76
Tomo28
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55JWB View Post
Ok, as per the post just above mine, just had an email from our SA at the Dealership confirming

"IVSR is showing delivery of 01/02/2022 - 06/02/2022"

Does anyone know what IVSR is?

I would expect ours is on the same ship mentioned above, I immediately reminded the SA that we still dont want delivery until March 1st, he had to discuss with the "New Cars Manager" who wasnt able to confirm and mentioned something about a "10 day price guarantee" anyone know what that might mean??

After being very patient I now dont want to be 'bullied' into taking delivery before 1st March as it will have an impact on value when we dispose of it.

Any help gratefully appreciated.
Makes sense people are getting these updates. For the first time in a while it looks like a more frequent shipping schedule is returning for the first time since mid December with 3 due between today and the 23rd.

Just as a comparison, I told my SA I will pick it up the first weekend in March and he said no problem mate I'll get that sorted. I said it'll be a 22 plate yea he said it will.

This 10 day price guarantee sounds like BS to me. Funny how the price hasn't changed during this 3+ month delay, but all of a sudden there is 10 days left on it. What would they do if your were on holiday or was isolating etc. What about stock cars they get hold of, the price doesn't change every 10 days since taking stock of it. Tell them to give their head a wobble and you'll see them in March.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 03:31 PM   #77
retals77
Rep

Quote:
Makes sense people are getting these updates. For the first time in a while it looks like a more frequent shipping schedule is returning for the first time since mid December with 3 due between today and the 23rd.

Just as a comparison, I told my SA I will pick it up the first weekend in March and he said no problem mate I'll get that sorted. I said it'll be a 22 plate yea he said it will.

This 10 day price guarantee sounds like BS to me. Funny how the price hasn't changed during this 3+ month delay, but all of a sudden there is 10 days left on it. What would they do if your were on holiday or was isolating etc. What about stock cars they get hold of, the price doesn't change every 10 days since taking stock of it. Tell them to give their head a wobble and you'll see them in March.
Also spoke with SA today who said no problem getting it 1st March with a 22 plate.
He did add ‘as long as we’ve got it by then’!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2022, 02:11 PM   #78
Tomo28
Enlisted Member
Rep

My car is at sea and is due at the dealership 6th of Feb

I am still waiting until March but at least I know it'll be there. Only 5 months late!
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2022, 03:05 PM   #79
seeryb@
Private
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
My car is at sea and is due at the dealership 6th of Feb

I am still waiting until March but at least I know it'll be there. Only 5 months late!
Mine too I believe its in Arc-Integrity due in Bremerhaven in a couple of days after calling in Antwerp over the weekend.....

getting closer now I have been told mine will be ready for collection on the 8th!

Name:  Screenshot 2022-01-21 at 21.00.25.png
Views: 471
Size:  1.23 MB
Appreciate 1
Tomo2817.00
      01-23-2022, 12:04 PM   #80
Dave63
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave63 View Post
Im keen to see if mine will have the air suspension.

UK order in May 2021, due Sep 1st. They told me in August they made a mistake at BMW and cancelled it so they ordered again in the last week of August 2021, due Nov 2021, then slipped to 'Mid Jan 2022'.

On the plus side, from Sep 2021 they gave me a fully free and insured 530E Hybrid in a high spec, so they can take as long as they want to deliver my X5, I've been saving a fortune.
They need the 530E hybrid back for the BMW UK Fleet on Wednesday and my car is still a few weeks away apparently so they offered to put me in a car via Enterprise (Which I had for the first few weeks when they messed up my order - it was in terrible condition and had all sorts of error lights).

I kicked up a bit of a fuss explaining how much I've been messed around so he went away to see what he could arrange.

He called back and now on Wednesday they're giving me an M5 until my car comes. God knows how I've fluked that one.
Appreciate 1
Drmsa43.00
      01-23-2022, 12:16 PM   #81
55JWB
Rep

Lengthy chat with my dealer this weekend, SA is saying my car definitely on a boat today (Sunday 23rd).

He also explained that BMW will not honour what was my Q2 deal from June last year when I ordered the car if I delay delivery longer than 10 days after it is available

The Q2 deal is too good to lose, 2.9% APR, Ł1.5k BMW contribution, Dealer enhancement and a lower "option to buy" price at the end of the PCP deal. Cant quite remember the numbers but something like currently Ł28,500 to buy at the end compared to a revised Ł31,750.

SA explained that BMW will want as many cars out in January as possible hence putting this 10 day rule in, even if the arrives 29th and is available form then they will call it a Jan car. SA explained that if it slips into Feb there is less pressure as Feb car sales are naturally low..

Just need to hope there is as small logistical delay and it isnt ready with the dealer until at least 1st Feb...

Car is arriving, thats the main thing...
Appreciate 1
Drmsa43.00
      01-24-2022, 09:45 AM   #82
Makefish
Ex Moddy
United Kingdom
Rep

My vehicle has been in Bremmerhaven for over three weeks and have been told it's not going to be released for at least another week..... I've read pretty much every review and watched more YouTube videos on the G05 than I care to mention, the wait for a new car has never been more torturous!
X5 45e in Arctic Grey with Merino Leather, Technology Plus Pack, Comfort Pack, M Sport Pro Pack, Shadow Line Pack, Sky Lounge, Acoustic Glass, Tow Bar, Sun Protection Glass, Sky Lounge, Carbon Mirror Caps and Laser Lights.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2022, 11:23 AM   #83
seeryb@
Private
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
My vehicle has been in Bremmerhaven for over three weeks and have been told it's not going to be released for at least another week..... I've read pretty much every review and watched more YouTube videos on the G05 than I care to mention, the wait for a new car has never been more torturous!
have they given you any reason? Any work or updates to be completed?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2022, 11:25 AM   #84
Tomo28
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Glad I'm not the only one. I've even watched some twice haha. Almost there!

Can't believe mine was built on the 20th October and has just been sat collecting dust.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2022, 11:51 AM   #85
Makefish
Ex Moddy
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeryb@ View Post
Yes, waiting on the RAM module that most G05's coming to the UK need. I understand that there are quite a few in port waiting for the same update.

Quote:
Glad I'm not the only one. I've even watched some twice.....
Some vids I've watched are into double figures.... I've even resorted to watching reviews in foreign languages that's how bad it is!
Appreciate 1
seoul32.00
      01-24-2022, 01:30 PM   #86
NCSpuds
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeryb@ View Post
Yes, waiting on the RAM module that most G05's coming to the UK need. I understand that there are quite a few in port waiting for the same update.

Quote:
Glad I'm not the only one. I've even watched some twice.....
Some vids I've watched are into double figures.... I've even resorted to watching reviews in foreign languages that's how bad it is!
My Dad has a X3 sitting at the port in Georgia waiting on the RAM module. His was built in South Africa. I told him it might be quicker to order one from Spartanburg but he's not in a hurry.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2022, 02:10 PM   #87
seeryb@
Private
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Is this for a sound system upgrade? I am just getting basic HiFi but my dealer has said my car needs no additional work just a software update that they will do pre-delivery....expecting it to land in Bremerhaven tomorrow so I guess will see over the next couple of days if it does need any work....

tks
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2022, 02:59 AM   #88
Don Cannelloni
Private
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMWX5 45e 2022, BMW330e 2023

Long time lurker and new member here from Ireland. Hello everyone!
I am in the process of trading my X5 40e for a new 45e which, similar to many in this thread, has been sitting in Bremerhaven for the last three or four weeks...
My dealer sent me a printscreen of their system yesterday which shows the car in status 181 (Waiting on domestic dispatch) but it has "Technical Campaign" against it as a current release date so I'm really not sure if any works are now complete or not and if it is just sitting in a queue waiting to be shipped (dispatched) out

PS. Great thread and forum - definitely one of the best sources of info around
Appreciate 0