09-07-2020, 01:09 PM   #23
11LMBiSTT
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A to B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmf80 View Post
How is OP gonna state legit seller if you never had a completed successful transaction ?!
I know right?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kss View Post
I actually refuse to use PayPal now. I sold a like new condition $2500 camera lens on a photography forum and accepted PayPal as the method of transaction. I got burnt by the seller who a few days later after receiving the lens said the lens was damaged (glass elements scratched). The lens was in pristine condition, but he was able to make a PayPal claim for a refund, despite the fact that the he probably causes the damage. Considering how well packed the lens was, no damage souls have occurred during shipping.

So my 2 cents to the conversation is that their are buyer scammers that use PayPal policies to their benefit as well. Since than any gear I’ve sold has been in person or within Canada using ETF and rely on my seller ratings on those sites.

I’d be really leary if accepting PayPal as form of payment if I was selling a car - have no idea what kind of claim a buyer could get away with. For a car sale, I’d only do cash sale with someone local, or someone willing to travel and pickup and pay cash/draft (ETF limits would be too low).
This is similar to what happened to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maitre_Absolut View Post
All those millions must be tied up in real estate to need a bonus to pay for wheels
Exactly. Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by six75LT View Post
this is the problem with paypal--it offers double protection for buyers. if you dispute with PP and your claim gets denied, you can just call your credit card company and file a chargeback. your CC company is way more likely to side with you, even if you're just straight up scamming. happens to us everyday (ecommerce). people file chargebacks and essentially get free stuff.
Yepp... shady buyers can essentially have you by the balls for 6 months. And if PayPal doesn't help them accomplish their shady intentions then their credit card company usually will side with them and allow the charge back.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2020, 02:16 PM   #24
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by kss View Post
I actually refuse to use PayPal now. I sold a like new condition $2500 camera lens on a photography forum and accepted PayPal as the method of transaction. I got burnt by the seller who a few days later after receiving the lens said the lens was damaged (glass elements scratched). The lens was in pristine condition, but he was able to make a PayPal claim for a refund, despite the fact that the he probably causes the damage. Considering how well packed the lens was, no damage souls have occurred during shipping.

So my 2 cents to the conversation is that their are buyer scammers that use PayPal policies to their benefit as well. Since than any gear I’ve sold has been in person or within Canada using ETF and rely on my seller ratings on those sites.

I’d be really leary if accepting PayPal as form of payment if I was selling a car - have no idea what kind of claim a buyer could get away with. For a car sale, I’d only do cash sale with someone local, or someone willing to travel and pickup and pay cash/draft (ETF limits would be too low).
I’m with you man. When I sell, I accept cash, zelle or usps money order
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2020, 04:26 PM   #25
M4gtr
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11LMBiSTT View Post
Yeah, he's talking about me. Lol. Thanks for the rep brother.
Here's the story... He wants my BBS LM-R's, at a very favorable price after asking for a trade + cash lowball, then going back and forth with me on straight sale pricing and complaining about needing a spacer up front for f8x fitment, then getting my last/lowest sale price, then said he would get back to me after getting his bonus, then coming at me again with 250 lower than my last/lowest price, then agreeing to my last/lowest price, then asking for tpms when I didn't mention any and then sends me a picture of his backyard saying he is a multi millionaire and isn't some teenage scammer and wants to use PayPal... essentially he is a bit of a pain to deal with and doesn't trust me/Zelle, which is fine with me. I suggested if he had friends or family in So Cal to have them come check them out and pick them up in person.

Also, to say I'm demanding to use Zelle is a bit of a play on words... my for sale ad and the disclosed selling terms clearly say that open to shipping if Zelle is used for payment, or Venmo, Wire or Bank Deposit as a last resort. As everyone has experienced, sellers accept different payment methods, not all.

When I sell something, its either local in-person sale or if buyer really wants me to ship they need to trust me and use Zelle/Venmo/Wire or Bank Deposit. I point them to my iTrader rating to assure them of my rep, rating, reviews and tenure.

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/itrader.php?u=200966

And if thats not good enough, we don't move forward and I don't ship, simple. I don't recommend that with everyone though, just reputable individuals with reviews/ratings. If the buyer and seller are straightforward, transparent, reasonable people with good communication there should be no issues. If there are any issues besides something on the shipping company, simply document on delivery, contact seller immediately and return to seller immediately for a full refund. There are good sellers and buyer out there. PayPal doesn't weed out all the bad or good apples out there. There are loopholes in PayPal, which I rather not get in to.

Simply put, if buyer and seller don't agree on terms there's no need to move forward.

I vouge for him as well. You have nothing to worry about. Very honest and transparent seller. Great guy overall that I will be doing business with moving forward due to ease and knowledge.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2020, 05:55 PM   #26
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maitre_Absolut View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11LMBiSTT View Post
then said he would get back to me after getting his bonus...
then sends me a picture of his backyard saying he is a multi millionaire.
All those millions must be tied up in real estate to need a bonus to pay for wheels
Relax dude, he's legit baller; just have a look at this photo of his Lambo :
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      09-07-2020, 06:29 PM   #27
dvq
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Competition

11LMBiSTT is a good seller, he’s the first zelle payment I’ve ever made and I initially held back but then checked out his itrader feedback and went through with txn. Just use common sense out there if some random with no post history and itrader no feedback wants a fund transfer with zero recourse, move on.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2020, 10:43 AM   #28
11LMBiSTT
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknaz View Post
I’m with you man. When I sell, I accept cash, zelle or usps money order
Glad to see there are others on the same page as me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4gtr View Post
I vouge for him as well. You have nothing to worry about. Very honest and transparent seller. Great guy overall that I will be doing business with moving forward due to ease and knowledge.
Thanks for the vouch bro! You're a pleasure and great guy to deal with as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvq View Post
11LMBiSTT is a good seller, he’s the first zelle payment I’ve ever made and I initially held back but then checked out his itrader feedback and went through with txn. Just use common sense out there if some random with no post history and itrader no feedback wants a fund transfer with zero recourse, move on.
Thanks for the vouch bro! Great buyer/guy and a smooth transaction.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2020, 03:15 PM   #29
f80er
Banned
Rep
Drives: An M3

Sheesh probably not the response OP was looking for.

11LMBiSTT has a 62 itrader rating and still OP scoffed at buying from him? Does anyone have a higher one?
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2020, 04:58 PM   #30
MisterF80M3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by f80er View Post

11LMBiSTT has a 62 itrader rating and still OP scoffed at buying from him? Does anyone have a higher one?
I'm actually shocked that the mods let him get away with selling that many things.

On a previous car forum I was in, I got flagged for selling too many things (nothing to this extent). My inbox also got reduced to only 10 messages.
SYT_Shadow11488.50
      09-08-2020, 08:33 PM   #31
11LMBiSTT
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by f80er View Post

Well OP totally disappeared.

I've seen higher iTrader ratings around the forum. I've seen one over 100. I'm also missing about 10-15 ratings that were just forgotten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterF80M3 View Post
I'm actually shocked that the mods let him get away with selling that many things.

On a previous car forum I was in, I got flagged for selling too many things (nothing to this extent). My inbox also got reduced to only 10 messages.
"..let him get away with selling that many things." Really?

I've been buying and selling on bimmerpost since 2013 when I got my first Bimmer. I also suffer from moddiction and indecisiveness. Ha.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2020, 08:53 PM   #32
Wmf80
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: f80

"..let him get away with selling that many things." Really?

I've been buying and selling on bimmerpost since 2013 when I got my first Bimmer. I also suffer from moddiction and indecisiveness. Ha.[/QUOTE]

Nothing wrong with buying and selling stuff to try out what works best for your tastes and desires.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2020, 07:32 AM   #33
garrettt033
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterF80M3 View Post
I use PayPal (help: paypal phone number) good and services all the time. I got burned before using PayPal gift. Using PayPal gift is the same thing as using Zelle. 0 protection.
I completely agree. No difference.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2020, 11:43 PM   #34
JagR2611
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliiin View Post
If someone refuses to use PayPal, that's a red flag. The person you are dealing with is likely trying to scam you.
+1
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2020, 06:10 PM   #35
nbennettksu
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: DV F80

PayPal has never done me any favors, even when I've been fucked on eBay and never got my item. I prefer Venmo and Zelle, and think I'll stick to this when I sell something else here.

Learned something today 😁
Quote:
Originally Posted by kchu221 View Post
the wheels make me mad...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhabs View Post
It's one thing for some buffoon to put an M badge on something that doesn't deserve it...it's another for a multi-billion dollar corporation to do the exact same thing and keep a straight face.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2020, 06:54 PM   #36
BGxNYC
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
Not 100% sure but cant Zelle only be linked to a bank account? I pulled out of a sale for an extra xbox series x i had listed on FB Marketplace when the buyer only wanted to pay via paypal or venmo. Knowing both can be linked to a credit card, I wasnt trying to deal with a potential chargeback situation by the buyer. This was for local pickup so I was only willing to accept cash or zelle.
Appreciate 0