BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

03-06-2020, 04:42 AM   #243
Oldgixxer
Captain
Rep
Drives: nothing fast

For me,CBD only works to alleviate pain if it has a trace of THC in. Meaning,the CBD products I used from an actual medical marijuana dispensary definitely work as compared to the crap they sell OTC at your local pharmacy/gas station/bodega which did nothing at all.
-'22 X3MC,'20 M550i,'18 X2,F30 328xi,'07 E63 AMG (1st W211 63 in the 11s),997 C4S Cab,CLS55 AMG,E55 AMG,C55AMG
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2020, 02:23 PM   #244
Fast.F10
Extruding Elements
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M5 Comp

Garage List
2016 BMW M5 F10  [0.00]
Purchased some CBD gummies while I was in Vegas last year as I get migraines very often and they did seem to help a bit for me. THC products also helps me a bit too, but not legal where I am located. Im all for anything that can resolve an issue I've been dealing with since late 80's with minimal to no side effects.
2006 BMW M5
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 03:04 PM   #245
RMNB
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 440xi CPE BSM

Marijuana = IDIOT. From college experience you sit around order pizza and watch the Cheers for 6 hours in a row and not move. You get nothing done, you become extremely lazy and basically fuck off the rest of the day.

Sure its fun for a bit when you wake up and its worn off you're more depressed than before so why keep torturing yourself. Same with binge drinking. Fun, get wasted, yack and wake up with a hangover. I like a clear mind so I can get shit done. Gotta keep making more money so I can waste it on a BMW. Oh shit, I did smoke too much in college!
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 04:01 PM   #246
IllSic_Design
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i

If you are going/want to use CBD, make sure it's full spectrum, it'll work much better than other variations. If you can't have any THC in your system then the next best thing is broad spectrum.

Full Spectrum CBD
Full spectrum means that an oil or product contains all the cannabinoids that are naturally occurring in the cannabis plant. Quality full spectrum CBD products are typically high in CBD, with only trace amounts of minor cannabinoids, and very low in THC (less than 0.3%). Despite these relatively low amounts, the overall composition is considered “full spectrum” and is synonymous with the “entourage effect” – which refers to the increased effectiveness of these products due to the different cannabinoids working synergistically. Full spectrum products are commonly considered more effective than products that are CBD isolate derived. Products that are isolate derived will only contain the isolated CBD molecule.

Broad Spectrum CBD
No discussion of full spectrum cbd could rightly omit it’s kissing cousin: Broad Spectrum. Broad spectrum CBD products are identical to full spectrum except they are 100% THC free.

Isolate vs Distillate
These terms often surface casually in conversations pertaining to CBD and its various forms. What’s the difference? Isolate, refers to pure CBD, and distillate is a broad spectrum distillation after THC has been removed.

The Full Monty with Full Spectrum
So, what else are you getting with a full spectrum product besides CBD? The short answer is you are getting more than 100 different cannabinoids found in the hemp plant. CBD and THC are the most abundant cannabinoids in cannabis, but there are several minor cannabinoids that can play an important role in the effectiveness of a CBD product. Here is a list of their names and the role studies suggest they play in the human body.

CBD (Cannabidiol)
CBD is the most abundant compound in the hemp plant. Unlike THC, CBD will not give the user a “high” feeling that the cannabis plant has been traditionally known for. It is used by consumers to promote a healthy functioning system. Some people report it has a relaxing / calming effect, while others may feel more energized.

THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol)
THC is the second most common cannabinoid in the hemp plant. It is also the most desired compound in hemp’s sister plant, marijuana. THC is the compound in the cannabis plant that makes the user feel “high”. Legally, the distinction between hemp and marijuana is the THC content of the plant. Anything less than 0.3% is defined as hemp, and anything over 0.3% is marijuana. While full spectrum CBD products will contain trace amount of THC, levels will always be below the 0.3% mark. In such small amounts, consumers using CBD products will not feel the psychoactive effects of the THC, it is only present to help increase the entourage effect.

CBG (Cannabigerol)
CBG is a non-intoxicating cannabinoid just like CBD. It’s actually the parent compound of THC and CBD, and acts as precursor to the three main cannabinoid lines: tetrahydrocannabinolic acid (THCA), cannabidiolic acid (CBDA), and cannabichromenic acid (CBCA). Enzymes in the cannabis plant will break down CBG and convert it to one of these final compounds.

CBN (Cannabinol)
CBN is a minor cannabinoid that is being studied for its sedative effects. CBN is believed to be the compound in cannabis that generates a relaxed feeling in the user.

CBC (Cannabichromene)
Cannabichromene (CBC), is one of the hundreds of cannabinoids found in the Cannabis plant, and is therefore a phytocannabinoid. It bears structural similarity to the other natural cannabinoids, including THC,THCV, CBD, CBN, among others. CBC and its derivatives are as abundant as cannabinols in cannabis.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      06-23-2020, 05:29 PM   #247
simplemind
Rep
Drives: '03 M3, ret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllSic_Design View Post
If you are going/want to use CBD, make sure it's full spectrum, it'll work much better than other variations. If you can't have any THC in your system then the next best thing is broad spectrum.
Sounds like the voice of experience! Given your experience, would you recommend a specific product? It’s a jungle out there, and hard to know what’s good and not.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 06:02 PM   #248
IllSic_Design
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplemind View Post
Sounds like the voice of experience! Given your experience, would you recommend a specific product? It’s a jungle out there, and hard to know what’s good and not.
I use NuLeafnaturals.com, one of the best CBD oil's I have found in my research. Use code "standup911" for a 15%(i think) discount.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2020, 08:48 AM   #249
Mason Hatcher
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i

Stoners.....confirmation bias, you have it.
Appreciate 1
RMNB365.00
      10-10-2020, 04:33 PM   #250
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Appreciate 0
      10-12-2020, 07:01 AM   #251
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335xi Beast View Post
Marijuana = IDIOT. From college experience you sit around order pizza and watch the Cheers for 6 hours in a row and not move. You get nothing done, you become extremely lazy and basically fuck off the rest of the day.

Sure its fun for a bit when you wake up and its worn off you're more depressed than before so why keep torturing yourself. Same with binge drinking. Fun, get wasted, yack and wake up with a hangover. I like a clear mind so I can get shit done. Gotta keep making more money so I can waste it on a BMW. Oh shit, I did smoke too much in college!
Typical stereotype. Things have changed good sir. There are many highly functioning people out there. I won't elaborate, but but basically everything you said above is as inaccurate as it can be. Laziness is exhibited by the individual. Drugs simply accentuate the personality of the individual. There are plenty out there that find cannabis use to sharpen their mind and focus more.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2020, 02:00 PM   #252
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

I haven't read the thread but I've smoked my fair share of pot.

At the end of the day, if your goal is to transcend from your current time and place, I suggest meditation and a couple meditative hobbies (photography, weights, fishing, running etc) > regular pot use.

Now having said that, I believe a little pot use a few times a year can have benefits. Like @ a Phish concert with friends!

For me, I don't smoke anymore, gave it up after having kids and stuff... but CBD is fantastic for inflammation, if I am injured and want to heal faster.

I do think pot can be used medicinally, for short term (2 - 8 months) gains, just like depressants. And similarly to antidepressants, longer term usage has a diminishing return.

Nothing feels as good as doing the work yourself. I have a friend who is bi-polar and pot has helped him sleep, so I guess to each their own as well.

A couple years ago I did some work in the British Virigin Islands and our chef was Jamaican. Since we were together on a yacht for about a week, we got comfortable talking about whatever... So I asked my wise Jamaican Chef what her opinion on pot was. And in a thick Jamaican accent she said: "You don't smoke the herb, you drink it, you boil it and drink it."

Just some musings on the topic.... take care!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.

Last edited by floridaorange; 10-12-2020 at 02:06 PM..
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34171.50
      10-15-2020, 02:25 PM   #253
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IllSic_Design View Post

Full Spectrum CBD
Full spectrum means that an oil or product contains all the cannabinoids that are naturally occurring in the cannabis plant. Quality full spectrum CBD products are typically high in CBD, with only trace amounts of minor cannabinoids, and very low in THC (less than 0.3%). Despite these relatively low amounts, the overall composition is considered “full spectrum” and is synonymous with the “entourage effect” – which refers to the increased effectiveness of these products due to the different cannabinoids working synergistically. Full spectrum products are commonly considered more effective than products that are CBD isolate derived. Products that are isolate derived will only contain the isolated CBD molecule.

Broad Spectrum CBD
No discussion of full spectrum cbd could rightly omit it’s kissing cousin: Broad Spectrum. Broad spectrum CBD products are identical to full spectrum except they are 100% THC free.

Isolate vs Distillate
These terms often surface casually in conversations pertaining to CBD and its various forms. What’s the difference? Isolate, refers to pure CBD, and distillate is a broad spectrum distillation after THC has been removed.

The Full Monty with Full Spectrum
So, what else are you getting with a full spectrum product besides CBD? The short answer is you are getting more than 100 different cannabinoids found in the hemp plant. CBD and THC are the most abundant cannabinoids in cannabis, but there are several minor cannabinoids that can play an important role in the effectiveness of a CBD product. Here is a list of their names and the role studies suggest they play in the human body.

CBD (Cannabidiol)
CBD is the most abundant compound in the hemp plant. Unlike THC, CBD will not give the user a “high” feeling that the cannabis plant has been traditionally known for. It is used by consumers to promote a healthy functioning system. Some people report it has a relaxing / calming effect, while others may feel more energized.

THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol)
THC is the second most common cannabinoid in the hemp plant. It is also the most desired compound in hemp’s sister plant, marijuana. THC is the compound in the cannabis plant that makes the user feel “high”. Legally, the distinction between hemp and marijuana is the THC content of the plant. Anything less than 0.3% is defined as hemp, and anything over 0.3% is marijuana. While full spectrum CBD products will contain trace amount of THC, levels will always be below the 0.3% mark. In such small amounts, consumers using CBD products will not feel the psychoactive effects of the THC, it is only present to help increase the entourage effect.

CBG (Cannabigerol)
CBG is a non-intoxicating cannabinoid just like CBD. It’s actually the parent compound of THC and CBD, and acts as precursor to the three main cannabinoid lines: tetrahydrocannabinolic acid (THCA), cannabidiolic acid (CBDA), and cannabichromenic acid (CBCA). Enzymes in the cannabis plant will break down CBG and convert it to one of these final compounds.

CBN (Cannabinol)
CBN is a minor cannabinoid that is being studied for its sedative effects. CBN is believed to be the compound in cannabis that generates a relaxed feeling in the user.

CBC (Cannabichromene)
Cannabichromene (CBC), is one of the hundreds of cannabinoids found in the Cannabis plant, and is therefore a phytocannabinoid. It bears structural similarity to the other natural cannabinoids, including THC,THCV, CBD, CBN, among others. CBC and its derivatives are as abundant as cannabinols in cannabis.
Fantastic post! I, through an investment in a company, have been in the CBD business for about a year. We are currently a reseller through the website: www.bellahempvita.com. We are working in the athletic market with cycling teams, riders in equestrian events, and a few other target markets. We selected Hemp Lucid as our manufacturing partner because of their dharma-like rigor and adherence to GMP standards. We will eventually white label the product and in the future move to manufacturing but focused on CBG.

When the time comes that cannabinoids receive FDA approval and indications, it will be through CBG, not CBD. Currently a liter of CBD costs anywhere from $700 to $1,100 USD per liter. A liter of CBG has a going rate of roughly $15,000 to $17,000 USD per liter. An exponential difference.

Additional market research also provides the following information:

1. BDS Analytics’ predicts US sales of cannabis- and hemp-derived CBD products to surge from $1.9 billion in 2018 to $20 billion by 2024 and to roughly $80 billion by 2028, a compound annual growth rate of 49%.
2. When combined with THC products, the CBD market will create a total market of $45 billion for cannabinoids by 2024 (Source: BDS Analytics and Arcview Market Research)
3. Over 66% of hemp-derived CBD consumers in the US agree with full federal legalization of cannabis, with 90% believing that marijuana has medical benefits, largely driven by the belief that it can relieve pain.
4. The CBD consumer profile is also notably different from that of the cannabis consumer: BDS Analytics reports that CBD consumers have nearly a 1:1 gender radio, whereas only one-third of cannabis consumers are female.
5. CBD consumers are an average age of 40, are of higher education, and are more likely than non-consumers to be employed full time.

If anyone wants to try the products, go to https://www.bellahempvita.com/discount/BPOT and put in code: The BPOT code will provide a 30% discount in perpetuity.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 1
      11-02-2020, 09:25 AM   #254
RMNB
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Typical stereotype. Things have changed good sir. There are many highly functioning people out there. I won't elaborate, but but basically everything you said above is as inaccurate as it can be. Laziness is exhibited by the individual. Drugs simply accentuate the personality of the individual. There are plenty out there that find cannabis use to sharpen their mind and focus more.
You are trying to convince yourself that smoking is OK. The world has changed to accept medical marijuana, etc. People in general are now somewhat accepting it.

However you need to picture this topic.

1) Your child is killed by a drunk driver...
a. Alcohol is legal so it's ok
2) Your child is killed by someone who is under the influence of marijuana
b. Marijuana is legal in some states but no in others.

My point is simple. Outside of the medical marijuana BS smoke screen (which it is), tell me it's OK if #2 happened.

Lung cancer possibly down the road, COPD, etc. ???

It certainly impairs your reaction time and motor skills when driving.

Why are people purposely ignoring the obvious? PEOPLE ARE PURPOSELY IN DENIAL of the drug. Moderation? Drinking / Smoking... Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2020, 10:33 AM   #255
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
You are trying to convince yourself that smoking is OK. The world has changed to accept medical marijuana, etc. People in general are now somewhat accepting it.

However you need to picture this topic.

1) Your child is killed by a drunk driver...
a. Alcohol is legal so it's ok
2) Your child is killed by someone who is under the influence of marijuana
b. Marijuana is legal in some states but no in others.

My point is simple. Outside of the medical marijuana BS smoke screen (which it is), tell me it's OK if #2 happened.

Lung cancer possibly down the road, COPD, etc. ???

It certainly impairs your reaction time and motor skills when driving.

Why are people purposely ignoring the obvious? PEOPLE ARE PURPOSELY IN DENIAL of the drug. Moderation? Drinking / Smoking... Good luck!
You're right. I'm just stupid. Thankfully you know me so well as to make these recommendations for me to consider. I should go find over the counter medications that are man made and that cause horrible side effects instead.

In all honesty, I'm not trying to convince myself of anything. I've consumed cannabis and I've consumed script-filled medications; have you? I know how I was on meds and I know how I was on cannabis. My way of life is much different on the latter.

I'm sorry but your logic on the impaired driver scenario is garbage. Accidents can happen in any situation. If my child dies in an accident and no one was impaired, does this mean I can come back here and you'll give me something else to look into to blame the accident on?

As for potential other health issues to come along later.....you've obviously never been put on meds for anything.

Unless you have something worth-while to contribute, I don't know that I would continue to post about something you obviously have no clue about.

Edit: Just re-read your last post. Yeah man, I'd walk away from this one. You seriously have no clue what the hell you're talking about. The cannabis scene has full on evolved since your dabbling of experimentation you did back in college.
Appreciate 1
      11-02-2020, 10:56 AM   #256
RMNB
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
You're right. I'm just stupid. Thankfully you know me so well as to make these recommendations for me to consider. I should go find over the counter medications that are man made and that cause horrible side effects instead.

In all honesty, I'm not trying to convince myself of anything. I've consumed cannabis and I've consumed script-filled medications; have you? I know how I was on meds and I know how I was on cannabis. My way of life is much different on the latter.

I'm sorry but your logic on the impaired driver scenario is garbage. Accidents can happen in any situation. If my child dies in an accident and no one was impaired, does this mean I can come back here and you'll give me something else to look into to blame the accident on?

As for potential other health issues to come along later.....you've obviously never been put on meds for anything.

Unless you have something worth-while to contribute, I don't know that I would continue to post about something you obviously have no clue about.

Edit: Just re-read your last post. Yeah man, I'd walk away from this one. You seriously have no clue what the hell you're talking about. The cannabis scene has full on evolved since your dabbling of experimentation you did back in college.
I'm right. You're high.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2020, 11:29 AM   #257
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I'm right. You're high.
I truly feel sorry for you. You aren't worth the waste of my time in trying to explain why your logic is flawed. Enjoy being "right" while everyone else laughs at you behind your back.
Appreciate 2
      11-02-2020, 12:21 PM   #258
RMNB
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Rock on Mr. 420. Remember this is just an internet forum so the false ego boost is pointless. I'm glad you know more about the benefits of Cannibus than me because it should make you millions according to history.

Reps and Posts...who cares. Keep on with the ego boosting retorts. It should get people far in this world...

Last edited by RMNB; 11-02-2020 at 12:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2020, 01:05 PM   #259
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Rock on Mr. 420. Remember this is just an internet forum so the false ego boost is pointless. I'm glad you know more about the benefits of Cannibus than me because it should make you millions according to history.

Reps and Posts...who cares. Keep on with the ego boosting retorts. It should get people far in this world...
Wow. No sort of an attempt in an ego boost here. Not sure where you even got that from. I never made reference to post count or rep points. Pst.....your insecurities are showing.

I'd also like to remind you that this is just an internet forum. Your lack of knowledge on the subject is apparent. Attacking someone for pointing out your lack of knowledge on a subject, seems to be a diversion for some form of an underlying personality or character flaw. It seems that name calling and displaying an elitist attitude toward someone who disagrees with you redirects the ego-boosting posts back in your direction. Rather than be an ass to you, I'd honestly rather you educate yourself on the topic at hand and understand that there are different view points other than your own. Just because an idea or thought varies from your own, doesn't automatically make it wrong.

Educate yourself on topics you speak of or you lose credibility, much like you lost here. Do better.
Appreciate 1
      11-02-2020, 01:16 PM   #260
RMNB
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Wow. No sort of an attempt in an ego boost here. Not sure where you even got that from. I never made reference to post count or rep points. Pst.....your insecurities are showing.

I'd also like to remind you that this is just an internet forum. Your lack of knowledge on the subject is apparent. Attacking someone for pointing out your lack of knowledge on a subject, seems to be a diversion for some form of an underlying personality or character flaw. It seems that name calling and displaying an elitist attitude toward someone who disagrees with you redirects the ego-boosting posts back in your direction. Rather than be an ass to you, I'd honestly rather you educate yourself on the topic at hand and understand that there are different view points other than your own. Just because an idea or thought varies from your own, doesn't automatically make it wrong.

Educate yourself on topics you speak of or you lose credibility, much like you lost here. Do better.
+1 for the "Weed Whisperer" . You are clearly far superior than me at the forum banter. I confess you win the pissing contest. Seriously I really don't care about weed or it's benefits supposedly. It's just wrong.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2020, 01:28 PM   #261
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
+1 for the "Weed Whisperer" . You are clearly far superior than me at the forum banter. I confess you win the pissing contest. Seriously I really don't care about weed or it's benefits supposedly. It's just wrong.
It was never a pissing contest and this exchange had nothing to do with weed. Your posts make this very evident.

Essentially, everyone else is having a conversation. You interject only to drop dated ideologies and misinformation. When someone corrects you, name calling ensues, you try to create an argument and when I don't participate in the heated exchange that you intended, then suddenly you don't care anything about the topic that you were quite adamant about before; then conclude your post about being right again.
Appreciate 1
      11-02-2020, 02:10 PM   #262
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Well then, what have I walked into here lol.

I just compare weed to alcohol, although if I was comparing them directly in regards to health I'd say alcohol is worse for you. Don't want to dive too deep in the health aspect as we will get some erroneous accusations with no facts to back it. But for arguments sake let us just say that the impair-able effects are similar to an extent. So now let's think about the impaired driver scenario. Determining BAC is easy with a breathalyzer. I think in order to progress forward in implementing weed legally, a device in order to determine ones "highness" in real time needs to be developed. Keep all the same standards for alcohol (DUI, public intoxication, etc etc) and just apply them to weed. Boom should work fine.
Appreciate 1
      11-05-2020, 04:25 PM   #263
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

7 yr old thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 1