BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-09-2023, 03:00 PM   #1
Prestocj
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 x40i

2024 X5 Manhattan Green - PCD Delivery

Hello All,

New to the BMW family! Picked up a new 2024 X5 x40i down at the factory in late November. We’ve traditionally been a Toyota/Lexus family but decided to join the dark side.

Wife wanted to upgrade from her Sequoia so we started looking at the luxury brands. Didn’t like any of the new Lexus vehicles and she test drove the Genesis GV80 but didn’t like the feel. Didn’t like the looks of the Audi Q7 and the reliability of Mercedes isn’t very good. That left the X5 and the Volvo XC90.

She liked the Volvo a lot and liked that there was a bit more space in the back and had the 3rd row. But after driving it and then the X5, it was over. The XC90 engine was inadequate, the ride unrefined and it seems to have a lot issues. The X5 is a marvel of engineering and a true drivers call.

The final deal closer was after we got done test driving the X5 and were looking around the lot, she came across a Manhattan Green Metallic with the M-Sport package, and she fell in love. Ordered through a broker in Sept and went with the Tartufo interior. Went down to the factory to on a Friday to pick her up.

Got her home and went to work. Modifications thus far:

Two layers of Gyeon Mohs Evo
Topper layer of Gyeon Cancoat
Leather treated with Gyeon Leathershield
Front windows tinted with Llumar IRX and the rest of the vehicle with Air80 including the pano and windshield

Planned:

Ordered blacked out badges from Ind Dist. for the back
Wheel gap annoys me so I’ve already reached out to Ben about MSS Urban Springs and 15mm/20mm spacers
X5M Roof spoiler
3D Design front lip
Eventually will go with JB4/Racechip down the road

Been reading all the threads on the community for the past year as we did the research in preparation. Great source of information and look forward to being an active member going forward.
Attached Images

Appreciate 14
LDT1512.50
Llarry15682.00
chicagofan0019132.50
GOLFFRR10801.50
GordoCLM214.00
Mtn2Srf282.00
IFlyX5236.50
Kingpin4386.50
playswcars3630.50
      12-10-2023, 08:45 AM   #2
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X5 M60i  [10.00]
Congrats and welcome to the dark side!

Current - 2024 G05 X5 ///M60i in Java Green
Past - 2005 E53 X5 3.0i in Titanium Silver; 2008 E92 335i in Montego Blue; 2019 G01 X3 M40i in Glacier Silver; 2022 G80 M3 Competition in Twilight Purple
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2023, 06:52 PM   #3
LOFT
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

I think that Manhattan Green Metallic has been a real winner for BMW and the X5.
Appreciate 3
      12-11-2023, 08:21 AM   #4
boneca
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5

Garage List
2013 BMW X5M  [10.00]
2011 BMW X5  [10.00]
looks great congrats

blends in with fallen leaves very well
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2023, 09:32 AM   #5
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

wow that look awesome!! great color, I really like that!

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2023, 11:10 PM   #6
rundeyvoo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 / X3 / 330e / 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestocj View Post
Hello All,

New to the BMW family! Picked up a new 2024 X5 x40i down at the factory in late November. We’ve traditionally been a Toyota/Lexus family but decided to join the dark side.
Looks great! Welcome and congrats on the new x5, you will love it!
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2023, 09:16 AM   #7
horseygrl
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 xdrive40i

Congratulations! That’s a beautiful car. I too am a new x5 owner and new to BMW. I loved this color but my current Highlander was also green so went with the Blue Ridge Mtn metallic. I’ve had mine for a month and all I can say is it’s a dream to drive. Enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2023, 06:28 PM   #8
Prestocj
Rep

Appreciate all the comments! When we started to zero in on the X5 we went to the online builder and didn’t even give MGM a second look as we didn’t like the color as it was portrayed on the website. Had narrowed it down to one of the shades of grey.

But once we saw the MGM on the lot, our opinion completely changed. If we hadn’t seen it in person, we would have never selected it. But we really loved the contrast with the Msport package and like the uniqueness of the color. Tons of X5’s in our area but have rarely seen MGM.

Spent a good amount of time deciding on the interior. Liked Coffee, Congac and Tartufo. In the end we felt the coffee was too dark, the congac too light and the Tartufo was just right.

Next was the trim. We weren’t a big fan of the shiny surfaces (even though it looks good) so we went with the Anthracite, which is you look carefully, does pick up some of the Tartufo color.

So far, it’s been a great vehicle. So much technology so we are still getting comfortable with all the tech. Was concerned on the ride quality with the 22” wheels, but the roads are pretty good around here and no issues at all even on some less than stellar roads.

Pictures below for anyone interested in the interior.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
      12-12-2023, 10:35 PM   #9
JujufromNYC
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw X5 M50

Very beautiful truck !! Enjoy it
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2023, 08:38 PM   #10
Prestocj
Rep

Finally had my counter-measures installed. Uniden R7 and Viofo 2-channel 229 Pro both high and tight. Hardwired to a back up battery sitting in the passenger side rear fuse box area so I can use Parking Mode.

Also purchased a Galaxy Tab A7 Lite to run Highway Radar via the hotspot on my iPhone. Took it for a test drive this morning and it worked great. Have been using Waze for a long time so looking forward to the first road-trip with the added capabilities of Highway Radar.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
playswcars3630.50
      01-27-2024, 07:47 PM   #11
carlixto24@hotmail.com
Registered
Rep
Drives: brooklyn gray m3

WOW! thanks for the pictures! I ordered my x5 a couple of days ago in manhattan green. I was having some doubts about the color because i have not seen much on the rode. But these pictures make me much more confident in my choice.
have you installed springs yet? and lips? would love to see how it looks because the wheel gaps also make me nervous lol
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2024, 07:15 PM   #12
Prestocj
Rep

Have not installed them yet. Was waiting to get through the break-in period before I started any mods. Just wanted to make sure there weren’t any gremlins in the car.

We love the color! Get compliments all the time and folks are always intrigued by the color since it’s pretty unique. Plus the contrast with the M-Sport package really compliments it well.

Have the blacked out badges in the garage and ready to install. Getting ready to pull the trigger on the X5 M spoiler mod. Hopefully MSS Springs and Spacers in the next month or so.

Will post pics once the mod process begins.
Appreciate 1
Mtn2Srf282.00
      02-27-2024, 08:30 PM   #13
bimmersforlyfe
Registered
Rep
Drives: G05, ‘92 3 series

Looks great ����
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2024, 07:58 PM   #14
Prestocj
Rep

Finally made it through the break-in period so I’ve started some of my planned mods. First, want to thank a few folks for their help and advice. Shout-out to Ben at RG Sport for answering all my questions about Springs and Spacers.

Also thanks to Freezedoctor, Tekhunter and Torminator who all have the x40i and provided feedback on lowering springs.

Just recently lowered on MSS Urban Springs, HR 15/20 spacers, front lip and X5M rear spoiler. Should have come from the factory this way. Hideous wheel gap has been reduced and overall it looks much more aggressive. Ride is great. Just a touch more firm, but I felt the ride was a little too floaty and this firmed it up just a bit.

Still plan to make some additional mods:

* M Style Side Mirror covers have been ordered
* Have blacked out badging that I need to put on
* Plan to add Racechip once I get a few more miles on it
* May swap out the rondels with Ind-Dist black versions

Thanks again to the community for the advice and insights!
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      04-01-2024, 12:58 AM   #15
swainbmw
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 x5 40!

Garage List
Quote:
Hello All,

Wife wanted to upgrade from her Sequoia so we started looking at the luxury brands. Didn’t like any of the new Lexus vehicles and she test drove the Genesis GV80 but didn’t like the feel. Didn’t like the looks of the Audi Q7 and the reliability of Mercedes isn’t very good. That left the X5 and the Volvo XC90.

She liked the Volvo a lot and liked that there was a bit more space in the back and had the 3rd row. But after driving it and then the X5, it was over. The XC90 engine was inadequate, the ride unrefined and it seems to have a lot issues. The X5 is a marvel of engineering and a true drivers call.

The final deal closer was after we got done test driving the X5 and were looking around the lot, she came across a Manhattan Green Metallic with the M-Sport package, and she fell in love. Ordered through a broker in Sept and went with the Tartufo interior. Went down to the factory to on a Friday to pick her up.

Got her home and went to work. Modifications thus far:

Two layers of Gyeon Mohs Evo
Topper layer of Gyeon Cancoat
Leather treated with Gyeon Leathershield
Front windows tinted with Llumar IRX and the rest of the vehicle with Air80 including the pano and windshield

Planned:

Ordered blacked out badges from Ind Dist. for the back
Wheel gap annoys me so I’ve already reached out to Ben about MSS Urban Springs and 15mm/20mm spacers
X5M [...]
Remember when people love gold this is the new gold green gold. I like it looks expressive
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2024, 10:49 AM   #16
TaroBaapG35
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 Model S Plaid

Quote:
Finally made it through the break-in period so I’ve started some of my planned mods. First, want to thank a few folks for their help and advice. Shout-out to Ben at RG Sport for answering all my questions about Springs and Spacers.

Also thanks to Freezedoctor, Tekhunter and Torminator who all have the x40i and provided feedback on lowering springs.

Just recently lowered on MSS Urban Springs, HR 15/20 spacers, front lip and X5M rear spoiler. Should have come from the factory this way. Hideous wheel gap has been reduced and overall it looks much more aggressive. Ride is great. Just a touch more firm, but I felt the ride was a little too floaty and this firmed it up just a bit.

Still plan to make some additional mods:

* M Style Side Mirror covers have been ordered
* Have blacked out badging that I need to put on
* Plan to add Racechip once I get a few more miles on it
* May swap out the rondels with Ind-Dist black versions

Thanks again to the community for the advice and insights!
Looks great!

Where'd you get the install done in CLT? My M3 arrives soon and have been contemplating lowering it.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2024, 06:57 PM   #17
Prestocj
Rep

There are a number of good BMW shops in the Charlotte area. I went with John at CES Motorsport in Indian Trail. Great reputation and more reasonably priced vs. some of the others.

Very pleased with their work.
Appreciate 1
      04-13-2024, 10:46 AM   #18
dieter09
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 LCI 50e/M3 G81 Touring

Quote:
There are a number of good BMW shops in the Charlotte area. I went with John at CES Motorsport in Indian Trail. Great reputation and more reasonably priced vs. some of the others.

Very pleased with their work.
There is a big gap @ front splitter.
Or it starts comming lose

Appreciate 0
      04-13-2024, 08:20 PM   #19
Prestocj
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieter09 View Post
There is a big gap @ front splitter.
Or it starts comming lose

Saw your post and went running out to the garage in a panic. Thankfully it appears it’s an optical illusion with the photo.

I look at it every day and I would have been shocked if I hadn’t noticed it was loose. But that picture totally makes it look like it. Good eyes on your part!
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 07:09 PM   #20
Prestocj
Rep

Added side mirror caps and plasti-dip the exhaust trim…..and she just got a bath!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
matowi258.50