BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

11-09-2020, 01:01 PM   #23
Gnomad
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50i (shopping)

Hi,

Just registered and am making my first post, so that I can DM.

I live in Charlotte also. Just walked out of the BMW dealership on Independence. They reluctantly seemed to agree to 8% off MSRP on a custom m50i build, but they were including an incentive in the number without mentioning it to me. Once I figured it out, was out the door.

Hoping you can point me in the right direction for a better deal. Will DM once I'm allowed after this post. =)
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2020, 03:23 PM   #24
DENtoLAS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnomad View Post
Hi,

I live in Charlotte also. Just walked out of the BMW dealership on Independence. They reluctantly seemed to agree to 8% off MSRP on a custom m50i build, but they were including an incentive in the number without mentioning it to me. Once I figured it out, was out the door.

Hoping you can point me in the right direction for a better deal. Will DM once I'm allowed after this post. =)
These guys are crooks. They also have most X5 inventory right now because no one buys cars from them. Contact me I might be able to point you in the right direction.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2020, 04:19 PM   #25
Fizzyhawk
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 M50i

Wait Time

Wondering if yours has gone into production? I ordered a very similar build 1 week later than your original post, mine is still "Scheduled for Production"
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2020, 04:21 PM   #26
X5MFiddy
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5 M50i (On Order)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzyhawk View Post
Wondering if yours has gone into production? I ordered a very similar build 1 week later than your original post, mine is still "Scheduled for Production"
Picking up on Wednesday 11/11. My car took about 3 weeks total to build and has been sitting at the Performance Center waiting on my appointment.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2020, 04:36 PM   #27
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzyhawk View Post
When you order really has no effect on the production timeline, it all depends on when your dealer’s allocation is. If your dealer is not giving you the date, or at least week, your vehicle will be built then give Genius a call. Stay on the line in order to reach a live person and they should be able to give you the production week.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2020, 05:05 PM   #28
X5MFiddy
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DENtoLAS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnomad View Post
Hi,

These guys are crooks. They also have most X5 inventory right now because no one buys cars from them. Contact me I might be able to point you in the right direction.
I don't agree with you statement. They sell a tremendous amount of X5s and what they stock represents less than a 2-3 week supply. If you don't like your deal, shop around. It's a free country.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2020, 05:10 PM   #29
DENtoLAS
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5MFiddy View Post
I don't agree with you statement. They sell a tremendous amount of X5s and what they stock represents less than a 2-3 week supply. If you don't like your deal, shop around. It's a free country.
I did shop around and got a better deal. They're 100% crooks and don't recommend people buy from them unless they're ok with paying full price, in that case, they're great. I liked my sales guy a lot but it comes down to the manager(s) who are mindless.

Last edited by DENtoLAS; 11-10-2020 at 05:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2020, 07:24 PM   #30
X5MFiddy
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DENtoLAS View Post
Quote:
I did shop around and got a better deal. They're 100% crooks and don't recommend people buy from them unless they're ok with paying full price, in that case, they're great. I liked my sales guy a lot but it comes down to the manager(s) who are mindless.
Agree to disagree. Glad you were able to find the deal you were looking for.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2020, 07:34 PM   #31
DENtoLAS
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Agree to disagree. Glad you were able to find the deal you were looking for.
Thank you. In an attempt to not hijack your thread, I hope you enjoy your new car, it looks great.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2020, 11:31 AM   #32
DarkKnight21
United_States
Rep
Drives: X6 M50i 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC 1977 View Post
Nice build. Are you buying or leasing? If buying, did you talk to your dealer about price yet? Did you get anything off MSRP? I'm about to order the X5 M50i for the wife and I'm trying to get some info for negotiating the price.
I'm buying. I got almost $9K off of the price. I didn't get the BMW loyalty, but I did get a little off for being a USAA customer. Good luck with the negotiation.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2020, 11:40 AM   #33
DarkKnight21
United_States
Rep
Drives: X6 M50i 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Noelle ... there are plenty of other BMW tuners out there with long track records of proven tuning; not saying Noelle isn't but they seem a little riskier than your average tune ... have a bit of a bad reputation ... especially with F90 owners ...

And, like X5MFiddy said, tuner "warranties" are more/less bogus - they're more appropriately called tuner-insurance and, if they ever cover anything, it'll only be for those things the tuner believes are tune related while the rest of your BMW warranty is blown.

Thus, unless you're willing to self-insure the BMW warranty it seems like a big risk before the BMW warranty is up. And I'd add to X5MFiddy point: even if the dealer doesn't flag your tune, it doesn't mean BMWNA won't deny warranty work... and once that happens the odds of getting your warranty back are close to 0%.

(and I'll add the odds of Noelle having their own insurance should they get hit with a bunch of claims is zero - so any tuning "warranty" should be discounted to $0)
I dug into noelle and agree, that I wouldn't take a power wheel to them to charge the battery. I'm not too concerned about financially taking over my own warranty issues. I would like to have a little more power to slap this local Urus owner upside his head next time he pulls up on me, lol.
Appreciate 1