BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-24-2024, 01:28 PM   #1
mrichione
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

I have a 2019 X5 and the trunk emblem fell off, revealing a black rubberized plastic piece that still has the BMW roundel embossed on it. I’m trying to find the correct replacement piece, but everything I found suggests this black piece should be removed too, which will reveal the base paint and two holes where the new roundel is installed with grommets.

Is that correct, or do I need to find a replacement roundel that attaches to the black plastic piece with an adhesive?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2024, 05:48 PM   #2
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrichione View Post
I have a 2019 X5 and the trunk emblem fell off, revealing a black rubberized plastic piece that still has the BMW roundel embossed on it. I’m trying to find the correct replacement piece, but everything I found suggests this black piece should be removed too, which will reveal the base paint and two holes where the new roundel is installed with grommets.

Is that correct, or do I need to find a replacement roundel that attaches to the black plastic piece with an adhesive?
You say it "fell off". Can you simply put it back on? From a part number search, here is one on eBay where you can see the Roundel and the black rubberized piece, which comes with it. I have also seen, on older BMW's where the Roundel comes with two rubber grommets to hold it to the car and a piece of foam tape under the Roundel. The part number I searched with is for the G05 though.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/385262661681
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2024, 07:01 PM   #3
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

Yes, you need to remove that black piece to put the new emblem on. You might need two new grommets so I’d just but those too, in case.
Appreciate 0