BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-09-2020, 05:02 PM   #199
TurtleBoy
Brigadier General
TurtleBoy's Avatar
1488
Rep
3,271
Posts

Drives: 2019 X5 40i
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojanlaw View Post
Did anyone notice the chilled and heated cupholders have been eliminated from the 2021s. Only avaiable in the X5M
Yes, along with acoustic glass and some other options that have been discussed in various threads. Hopefully once the supply chain issues are resolved all options will return.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2020, 04:14 PM   #200
ukshoey
New Member
0
Rep
11
Posts

Drives: Porsche Macan
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Halifax

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
Yes, along with acoustic glass and some other options that have been discussed in various threads. Hopefully once the supply chain issues are resolved all options will return.
I find it bizarre that some options are dropped only for certain regions on the basis of supply chain issues. In the UK for the 45e & 40i it is still possible to spec the B&W system, acoustic glass & the cupholder temperate. How are these decisions made?
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2020, 04:34 PM   #201
Cougar85
///M550i
Cougar85's Avatar
United_States
27
Rep
123
Posts

Drives: 2019 BMW M550i xDrive
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Southern California

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshoey View Post
I find it bizarre that some options are dropped only for certain regions on the basis of supply chain issues. In the UK for the 45e & 40i it is still possible to spec the B&W system, acoustic glass & the cupholder temperate. How are these decisions made?
By aloof satan-worshippers sitting in a circle in a distant, inaccessible room throwing darts at an imaginary flowchart.

At least, that's what it seems like to me...

Appreciate 1
JTG160.00

      08-10-2020, 04:35 PM   #202
ATX5
New Member
ATX5's Avatar
United_States
11
Rep
11
Posts

Drives: 2017 Jaguar F-Pace S
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Austin, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojanlaw View Post
Did anyone notice the chilled and heated cupholders have been eliminated from the 2021s. Only avaiable in the X5M
Yes! As well as soft close doors as well as color match alcantara headlining and full leather individual, only extended available.

Ventilated Seats are also on the way out. The first 2021 builds may have them, but once supply runs out , they are only available with luxury package and on X5M
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2020, 04:54 PM   #203
Caramel
Private First Class
80
Rep
191
Posts

Drives: blue car, grey car, white bike
Join Date: May 2020
Location: brussels

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshoey View Post
I find it bizarre that some options are dropped only for certain regions on the basis of supply chain issues. In the UK for the 45e & 40i it is still possible to spec the B&W system, acoustic glass & the cupholder temperate. How are these decisions made?
By optimizing for overall profit: The options for which supply is limited are prioritized for the sales that BMW earns most money with. BMW makes far more money selling an X5M than selling an sDrive 40i. They also make far more money selling cars to European customers than to American buyers.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2020, 06:06 PM   #204
TurtleBoy
Brigadier General
TurtleBoy's Avatar
1488
Rep
3,271
Posts

Drives: 2019 X5 40i
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (0)

^ In addition it could also be that there is much less demand for certain options outside of the NA market so the supply chain can fulfill them rather than just having a small percentage if the NA orders fully fulfilled.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2020, 06:10 PM   #205
TurtleBoy
Brigadier General
TurtleBoy's Avatar
1488
Rep
3,271
Posts

Drives: 2019 X5 40i
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX5 View Post
Ventilated Seats are also on the way out. The first 2021 builds may have them, but once supply runs out , they are only available with luxury package and on X5M

Highly unlikely that will be the case. 453 is standard on the M50i and was not listed as a separate option and only as part of the Luxury package.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2020, 06:40 PM   #206
Caramel
Private First Class
80
Rep
191
Posts

Drives: blue car, grey car, white bike
Join Date: May 2020
Location: brussels

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
^ In addition it could also be that there is much less demand for certain options outside of the NA market so the supply chain can fulfill them rather than just having a small percentage if the NA orders fully fulfilled.
The "build your car" flow on many European BMW websites has a cool feature telling you how many X5 buyers select a certain option. Taking Germany, being the largest of those markets, as an example:

Acoustic glass: 64%
Chilled/heated cupholders: 58%
Soft-close doors: 58%
Appreciate 1
Cooltones215.00

      08-10-2020, 06:43 PM   #207
TurtleBoy
Brigadier General
TurtleBoy's Avatar
1488
Rep
3,271
Posts

Drives: 2019 X5 40i
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramel View Post
The "build your car" flow on many European BMW websites has a cool feature telling you how many X5 buyers select a certain option. Taking Germany, being the largest of those markets, as an example:

Acoustic glass: 64%
Chilled/heated cupholders: 58%
Soft-close doors: 58%
That is pretty cool. I would love to see the historical take rate, as well as raw numbers, for the US/NA market.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2020, 02:48 PM   #208
Mixitt
Private First Class
Mixitt's Avatar
19
Rep
111
Posts

Drives: 2019 X5
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: timbuktu

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG1 View Post
Here are a few pics. I realize nothing too outside of the norm here, but we like it!
Very nice. Now, have a detail shop run a double pin stripe down that top side crease. It really kicks up the elegance and appeal, is a bit boring without it. I applied CQuartz UK 3.0 over it all. Love that super tough ceramic coating.

Enjoy!
Attached Images
   
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2020, 03:43 PM   #209
Prancing Cow
New Member
0
Rep
13
Posts

Drives: -
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Appenzell

iTrader: (0)

Any special reason why the pin stripe deviates from the crease line in multiple spots? Extra elegance and appeal?
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2020, 07:26 PM   #210
mocad
Private
mocad's Avatar
United_States
36
Rep
77
Posts

Drives: 2021 X5 xDrive 40i
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Minneapolis

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2021 BMW X5 40i  [0.00]
I saw the main-page article on the list of changes across the BMW lineup for 2021 (link here). When reviewing changes for the X5, it reads "48-volt mild hybrid system has been added to X5 40i models." Does anyone have any good references to understand how that system works? I have a 40i on order and I did not expect any electrification.
__________________

Current: X5 xDrive 40i
Past: 2008 335xi (fond memories)
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2020, 07:39 PM   #211
TurtleBoy
Brigadier General
TurtleBoy's Avatar
1488
Rep
3,271
Posts

Drives: 2019 X5 40i
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocad View Post
I saw the main-page article on the list of changes across the BMW lineup for 2021 (link here). When reviewing changes for the X5, it reads "48-volt mild hybrid system has been added to X5 40i models." Does anyone have any good references to understand how that system works? I have a 40i on order and I did not expect any electrification.
Here is an article from BMWblog which has some info: https://www.bmwblog.com/2020/05/27/48v-bmw-51-models/
Appreciate 1
mocad36.00

      08-18-2020, 11:24 PM   #212
Cooltones
Happy M Driver
Cooltones's Avatar
United_States
215
Rep
372
Posts

Drives: E60 M5, F82 M4, G05 X5
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Silicon Valley Area

iTrader: (0)

FINALLY! My 2020 X5 made it home!

https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...postcount=2217
__________________
2020 X5 40i M Sport
2016 M4 Coupe; STILL love the exterior design
2008 Dinan S1 M5; Amazing V10 @ 6 mpg!
2006 530i; First BMW to comfortably fit my two 6ft+ tall boys
1998 328i; Best wedding photo was a picture of My bride and me next to our 328i
Appreciate 1
JTG160.00

      08-19-2020, 06:43 AM   #213
TurtleBoy
Brigadier General
TurtleBoy's Avatar
1488
Rep
3,271
Posts

Drives: 2019 X5 40i
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltones View Post
Congratulations. Good luck, enjoy and be safe.
Appreciate 2
      08-19-2020, 10:00 AM   #214
Cooltones
Happy M Driver
Cooltones's Avatar
United_States
215
Rep
372
Posts

Drives: E60 M5, F82 M4, G05 X5
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Silicon Valley Area

iTrader: (0)

And BIG THANKS TO YOU TurtleBoy, for all of your posts and insights -- Last I checked you had something to do with everything I did to my X5, from what options I chose, to what to look for when getting my X5.

Cheers,
-Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
Congratulations. Good luck, enjoy and be safe.
__________________
2020 X5 40i M Sport
2016 M4 Coupe; STILL love the exterior design
2008 Dinan S1 M5; Amazing V10 @ 6 mpg!
2006 530i; First BMW to comfortably fit my two 6ft+ tall boys
1998 328i; Best wedding photo was a picture of My bride and me next to our 328i
Appreciate 2
      08-19-2020, 12:25 PM   #215
GOLFFRR
GOLFFRR's Avatar
7422
Rep
24,780
Posts

Drives: GOLFFRR cart
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: we sell BMWs to "ALL" US states

iTrader: (4)

ordered a 2021 x5 for my new demo yesterday. Now the wait.

hard to find a 2020 x5 out there these days with certain options, super scarce
__________________

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, PM ME FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Jimmy Miller:jmiller@stevethomasbmw.com Cell:805-509-2048
If you have any issues getting a hold of Jimmy M PLEASE PM me, I'm available everyday till 545pm!
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 09:47 AM   #216
JTG1
Private
United_States
60
Rep
55
Posts

Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive 40i M Sport
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltones View Post
Congrats!!! I'm sure it was worth the wait!
Appreciate 1
Cooltones215.00

      08-20-2020, 03:35 PM   #217
GSI905
New Member
United_States
29
Rep
18
Posts

Drives: MY21 BMW X5 M50I BLACK/BLACK
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: NEW JERSEY

iTrader: (0)

Great disappointment...

Hello Everyone,

I just trade in my 18 Panamera 4S to loaded $101K, 21 M50i.

Guess what no soft close door or heated/cooled cup holder.

As i was taking delivery i have noticed two of the items are missing, such a disappointment

Thanks,
AL
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 04:13 PM   #218
Caramel
Private First Class
80
Rep
191
Posts

Drives: blue car, grey car, white bike
Join Date: May 2020
Location: brussels

iTrader: (0)

They removed them between you signing the contract and you taking delivery? Or you did not order them in the first place?
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 05:26 PM   #219
TurtleBoy
Brigadier General
TurtleBoy's Avatar
1488
Rep
3,271
Posts

Drives: 2019 X5 40i
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramel View Post
They removed them between you signing the contract and you taking delivery? Or you did not order them in the first place?
They are not available for MY21, sounds like the OP didnít know that.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2020, 05:11 PM   #220
X5 M50i '21
Enlisted Member
United_States
3
Rep
47
Posts

Drives: 2021 X5 M50i
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX5 View Post
Yes! As well as soft close doors as well as color match alcantara headlining and full leather individual, only extended available.

Ventilated Seats are also on the way out. The first 2021 builds may have them, but once supply runs out , they are only available with luxury package and on X5M
If my M50i comes in without ventilated seats, I'll be furious. I really hope that's just a rumor.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:37 PM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST