BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-02-2020, 03:29 PM   #111
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
627
Rep
1,527
Posts

Drives: 2020 X5 M50i
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOW4LYF View Post
Of course you change the coding. That's same as changing the FDL coding within the cafd.

It is changing or manipulate OEM software, vehicle flagged.
The coding says if X = TRUE then do this, if X = FALSE than do that. All you do when you edit an FDL is changing the value of X - you literally do not change any coding at all. BMW writes one software to encompass their global market - each market has certain parts of the code disabled. Simply enabling the code is not changing it - you're just telling it to run when otherwise it wouldn't.

We're just talking circles at this point. My point is, if my VIN gets flagged for something as petty as wanting my turn signal to blink 5 times instead of 3, or wanting ASS to remember it's previous setting vs always being on, then I know where I stand with BMW and I'll be just as happy driving a MB the next go around. These tweaks have zero impact on the performance of the car or it's reliability.
Appreciate 2
LexxM31180.50
VipinLJ922.50

      09-02-2020, 05:02 PM   #112
Casone238
Second Lieutenant
Casone238's Avatar
United_States
59
Rep
225
Posts

Drives: C43 AMG
Join Date: May 2020
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Facts this is no different from going on your iPhone and downloading an app that allows you to get custom fonts on your keyboard. If the C class Benz can have 64 color options I don't see why bmw has all these colors as options out the factory
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2020, 05:11 PM   #113
LOW4LYF
Brigadier General
LOW4LYF's Avatar
1417
Rep
3,299
Posts

Drives: ///M4 COMPETITION
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: @Home

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post
The coding says if X = TRUE then do this, if X = FALSE than do that. All you do when you edit an FDL is changing the value of X - you literally do not change any coding at all. BMW writes one software to encompass their global market - each market has certain parts of the code disabled. Simply enabling the code is not changing it - you're just telling it to run when otherwise it wouldn't.

We're just talking circles at this point. My point is, if my VIN gets flagged for something as petty as wanting my turn signal to blink 5 times instead of 3, or wanting ASS to remember it's previous setting vs always being on, then I know where I stand with BMW and I'll be just as happy driving a MB the next go around. These tweaks have zero impact on the performance of the car or it's reliability.

Well, just go with the Daimler if you don't like the terms and conditions. I'm sure they will survive...
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2020, 05:12 PM   #114
LOW4LYF
Brigadier General
LOW4LYF's Avatar
1417
Rep
3,299
Posts

Drives: ///M4 COMPETITION
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: @Home

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casone238 View Post
Facts this is no different from going on your iPhone and downloading an app that allows you to get custom fonts on your keyboard. If the C class Benz can have 64 color options I don't see why bmw has all these colors as options out the factory
Really???
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2020, 05:35 PM   #115
LexxM3
Lieutenant Colonel
LexxM3's Avatar
Canada
1181
Rep
1,963
Posts

Drives: E46M3, G05X5
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Waterloo, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
While this forum software is a bit stale and buggy, particularly mobile, I love the IGNORE function here.
__________________
G05 X5 x40i (04/2019 mfg, Canada) on S18A-19-11-540
Appreciate 1
Wild Blue716.00

      09-03-2020, 12:40 PM   #116
clee1982
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
691
Rep
1,650
Posts

Drives: 2019 BMW 540i xDrive
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casone238 View Post
Facts this is no different from going on your iPhone and downloading an app that allows you to get custom fonts on your keyboard. If the C class Benz can have 64 color options I don't see why bmw has all these colors as options out the factory
Nah, Apple sanction is different than if you jail break. I think BMW would be crazy to go hard on people who code ambivalent lighting but if they want they can make it a hassle without decline warranty work
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2020, 04:11 PM   #117
130FeetDeep
Lieutenant
178
Rep
410
Posts

Drives: BMW X5 M50i
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Northwest North Korea

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
While this forum software is a bit stale and buggy, particularly mobile, I love the IGNORE function here.
I agree. I am not going to waste my time responding.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2020, 05:28 PM   #118
motex
2020 Mineral White 30d MSport
motex's Avatar
Costa Rica
402
Rep
2,068
Posts

Drives: 2020 Mineral White 30d MSport
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: San Jose

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Thanks for taking your time explaining this procedure!
It worked from the first attempt
__________________
....Life?s too short to drive boring cars
Appreciate 1
      09-03-2020, 06:59 PM   #119
130FeetDeep
Lieutenant
178
Rep
410
Posts

Drives: BMW X5 M50i
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Northwest North Korea

iTrader: (0)

That's cool. Bimmerpost featured my DIY!
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2020, 01:07 AM   #120
130FeetDeep
Lieutenant
178
Rep
410
Posts

Drives: BMW X5 M50i
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Northwest North Korea

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fricfracfrank View Post
Can this be done in the x3?
Yes, but I would need to decode the second step library.

Last edited by 130FeetDeep; 09-04-2020 at 10:21 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2020, 01:39 AM   #121
fricfracfrank
Captain
fricfracfrank's Avatar
United_States
313
Rep
741
Posts

Drives: 2019 X3 M40i
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 130FeetDeep View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fricfracfrank View Post
Can this be done in the x3?
Yes, but I would need to decide the second step library.
Do it!
__________________
Present: 2019 X3 M40i Phytonic Blue
Past: 2013 335i xdrive Estoril Blue
2011 328i xdrive Black Sapphire Metallic
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2020, 03:01 PM   #122
130FeetDeep
Lieutenant
178
Rep
410
Posts

Drives: BMW X5 M50i
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Northwest North Korea

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fricfracfrank View Post
Do it!
Can you get me screen shots of the file with a check mark in the "LIC_LCI_COLOR_PROFILES_DATA" folder. That a screen show of the data in that folder. I can help you from there.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2020, 08:23 AM   #123
fricfracfrank
Captain
fricfracfrank's Avatar
United_States
313
Rep
741
Posts

Drives: 2019 X3 M40i
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 130FeetDeep View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fricfracfrank View Post
Do it!
Can you get me screen shots of the file with a check mark in the "LIC_LCI_COLOR_PROFILES_DATA" folder. That a screen show of the data in that folder. I can help you from there.
Yes I'll try without the next few days
__________________
Present: 2019 X3 M40i Phytonic Blue
Past: 2013 335i xdrive Estoril Blue
2011 328i xdrive Black Sapphire Metallic
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2020, 06:27 PM   #124
SM2
Captain
SM2's Avatar
316
Rep
966
Posts

Drives: gti
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Chicagoland (Northern)

iTrader: (0)

Can you try adding perwinkle?

F97 X3M doesn't seem to have the same capability of adding in custom colors as the G05. We just get these colors options.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2020, 08:36 AM   #125
polunin86
Registered
0
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: BMW X5 G05
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Russia, Togliatty

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 130FeetDeep View Post
Obviously it goes without saying, but proceed at your own risk. You take the responsibility when you choose to code your car.

That said, I have wanted to change the ambient lighting in my vehicle for a while but didn’t have the time until recently to dig. After spending some time in the code and looking at what the G20 guys have been able to do, I was able to decode the color scheme for the G05 and change the colors and combination of colors on my truck. This can be done with Bimmercode. Unfortunately, I haven’t figured out how to change the i-drive labels, so you would need to remember the combos.

.....

*Note... for anyone creating custom colors, you should not use any HTML hex code with the value FF. Substitute FE for the FF part of the HTML hex code and it will look exactly the same but won’t affect the overhead splash LEDs that shine on the shifter area.
Good day!
Today I tried it, but in my folder: 360A LicLciColorLibrary gives: no result. I'm coding through UniScan 2000. What could be wrong? Thank!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:01 AM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST