BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-18-2020, 08:48 AM   #45
nvsocr7
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

For those with the ac issue take it to the dealer. I did NOT have any software or hardware faults but got lucky that the tech working on an m5 next to my car had the same problem and recreated it. They let it run with a thermometer and saw the changes.. They contacted bmw to confirm and new parts arrived about 2 weeks later( ordered from Germany , its multiple parts so make sure they don't just order a compressor, there's some sort of valve too). The parts are Being installed now. Be vigilant; Let them keep the car overnight if needed. I know the "m" dealers are supposed to be the same as the regular dealers but if you have the M dealer go there. I find they're more intelligent (they even fixed my keys which the dealer I got the car from said there as no issue) and have fixed all my issues without hiccup. Not all dealerships are made the same
Appreciate 2
stein_325i25076.00
ladra17.50
      09-23-2020, 08:06 PM   #46
RJJJ
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X6 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim2189 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJJJ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim2189 View Post
I have the same issue and my service advisor told me he has 12 cars in line for that problem, compressor and condensor needs to be replaced
What dealership in NJ did you went to? My AC sometimes is slow to kick in when cold starts, but always blow cold air after 5mins if didn't turn on immediately..... no idea why and my dealer cannot observe either
Bmw of Edison
Just took my car back from bmw Edison today. They were unable to reproduce the problem and AC works fine when the tested it..... sometimes AC not cooling until running for 10 mins during cold start.... Rest of the time it's working fine
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2022, 09:32 PM   #47
bin01123
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 750i

Garage List
2011 BMW 750i  [0.00]
2011 BMW 328I  [0.00]
I had this same problem but it went away once I switched it back into the normal driving mode
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2022, 12:59 AM   #48
swainbmw
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 x5 40!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugsix View Post
I've had an intermittent problem with my A/C for the past few months. I picked the car up in March so it's likely the problem was present prior to the temps rising here in the NE.

Generally the A/C works perfectly, often starting to blow cold air before I even leave my driveway. However, on occasion it simply blows hot air (likely just ambient air temp). Sometimes this persists for several drives. Other times, 5, 10, even 15 minutes into the drive it starts blowing cold air with no intervention on my part.

I've tried searching on here for someone with my specific issue and I haven't seen anything. I'd love for this to be user error, but I think I've tried everything! I've read about setting the vent temperature in the menu and that's not my issue. I have taken it to the dealer twice, and both times the A/C started working as I left to drop it off for the service appointment. Once, I started driving to the dealer when the problem was present only to have it start working as I exited the highway near the dealer.

The dealer claims that there's nothing they can do unless the "see the problem". They checked for errors reported by the system and can't find any evidence of an issue. My fear is even if I take the car to them when it's exhibiting the problem, it will begin working before they can troubleshoot it.

I consider myself to be a patient person with regard to a lot of the glitches with the car and have hesitated to post about this until I exhausted other options. At this point I'm getting REALLY impatient. I've resorted to leaving VMs for my service advisor every time it doesn't work in a passive aggressive attempt to get him to pay attention. When it's working it's perfect, but it's like a roll of the dice every time I get in the car. Considering the $$$ spent on this thing, I just find this whole think unacceptable, but I think I might not be making enough of a stink with the dealer.

Thoughts?
What you're experiencing is because the car is a mild hybrid it shutting off and shutting the system down resulting in the air temperature being warmer until you move again in the air conditioning works
Appreciate 0