BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-17-2020, 04:32 PM   #1937
leasehackr
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5, 530e

Can someone post the base MF? Need to run the numbers. I got the residual for 10K - 56%.

This is for X5 21' if it's matters.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2020, 06:48 PM   #1938
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infosec View Post
Can someone post the base MF? Need to run the numbers. I got the residual for 10K - 56%.

This is for X5 21' if it's matters.
Appreciate 1
      09-17-2020, 07:57 PM   #1939
Wtfitzvi
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wtfitzvi View Post
At the same time is the extra price tag worth it for the x5mc over the m50i...
If you've got an F80, a lambo, and a secure ego I can't see how it would be.

As I've gotten older I just don't get the track-worthy SUV thing - it just ain't the right tool for the job.
The x5 is the daily, dog hauler, family car for both kids lol
      09-17-2020, 08:08 PM   #1940
leasehackr
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
Thanks bro. Trying to run some numbers.

Do you or does someone know how do you calculate trade-in equity for the outgoing lease.

My outgoing leases are pristine condition and under 30K mileage. I heard there are ways you can calculate equity and rollup in the new lease.

Any idea?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2020, 02:27 PM   #1941
DBLDNon11
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 xDrive40i

Was hoping to confirm one specific option cost as the BMW configurator is in conflict with recently published pricing guides. I’m looking at ordering a ’21 X5 40i and my build includes Luxury Seating Package (ZLS). The pricing guide has this at $1,000 (Front Messaging Seats - 4T7 are an additional $1000 option which I don’t want). The configurator has an option called ‘Luxury Seating Package’ and it is $1,600 but includes the messaging seats. I believe this is how these options were packaged for MY20, so assuming just a bug in the configurator and to go with the $1k ZLS for calculating the cost of my build.

As I have been told, trust the pricing guides and not the configurator!
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2020, 02:46 PM   #1942
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3m40i

Quote:

Do you or does someone know how do you calculate trade-in equity for the outgoing lease.

My outgoing leases are pristine condition and under 30K mileage. I heard there are ways you can calculate equity and rollup in the new lease.

Any idea?
You can request pay-off amount from BMWFS.

I've never seen BMW build any equity in 1st 3 years. Market price is usually on par or lower than the residual, unless you paid down payment to reduce cap cost then it looks like you can recoup your down payment but barely. With the way market is these days, maybe, since cars seem to be hot commodity but still.
      09-18-2020, 04:55 PM   #1943
Fx3599
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i F10. 21 X5 xDrive40i

Custom X5 order. Finance

Is there a reason why BMW is not offering any incentives on finance vehicles? Does this mean dealerships wont go under invoice now? I am looking to place an order. I live in Arizona 85383
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2020, 05:02 PM   #1944
zaflb
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: GTI

Do you guys know if dealer is allowed to add markup to the rate that BMWFS provides?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2020, 07:08 PM   #1945
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:

Any idea?
There is no trade-in equity for leases. They do, at least used to, offer a small credit for unused miles. Here is the table from 18:

% of miles unused/Credit
10-14.9 /$200
15-24.9 /$250
25 and up /$300
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2020, 07:11 PM   #1946
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBLDNon11 View Post
Was hoping to confirm one specific option cost as the BMW configurator is in conflict with recently published pricing guides. I’m looking at ordering a ’21 X5 40i and my build includes Luxury Seating Package (ZLS). The pricing guide has this at $1,000 (Front Messaging Seats - 4T7 are an additional $1000 option which I don’t want). The configurator has an option called ‘Luxury Seating Package’ and it is $1,600 but includes the messaging seats. I believe this is how these options were packaged for MY20, so assuming just a bug in the configurator and to go with the $1k ZLS for calculating the cost of my build.

As I have been told, trust the pricing guides and not the configurator!
The Luxury seating package once again includes the massaging seats from everything we have seen. For a short period they had a luxury seating package and a luxury seating package 2. The first without massage and the second with. That seems to have changed according to orders we have seen.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2020, 07:15 PM   #1947
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fx3599 View Post
Is there a reason why BMW is not offering any incentives on finance vehicles? Does this mean dealerships wont go under invoice now? I am looking to place an order. I live in Arizona 85383
No need to, the vehicles are selling without them and they are trying to clear out the MY20 inventory. In some regions they are already offering incentives and those will probably be extended to all regions in the next few months.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2020, 07:17 PM   #1948
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaflb View Post
Do you guys know if dealer is allowed to add markup to the rate that BMWFS provides?
Yes they can. I think the max markup is .0004.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2020, 07:55 PM   #1949
zaflb
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: GTI

Quote:
Yes they can. I think the max markup is .0004.
Are you talking about MF? What about finance rate?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2020, 07:59 PM   #1950
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaflb View Post
Are you talking about MF? What about finance rate?
Yes, the money factor. I'm not aware of them marking up the rate on loans. Perhaps they can but since the rates are published on the BMW website it is likely they don't.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2020, 08:48 PM   #1951
leasehackr
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde View Post
You can request pay-off amount from BMWFS.

I've never seen BMW build any equity in 1st 3 years. Market price is usually on par or lower than the residual, unless you paid down payment to reduce cap cost then it looks like you can recoup your down payment but barely. With the way market is these days, maybe, since cars seem to be hot commodity but still.
No down payment on existing cars. Yeah, payoff is listed on the BMWFS website. The last time when I leased 530e, dealer took my old pristine x35i and rolled in left equity to 530e payment. some sort of credit into my new lease. He himself told me this. He bought my car and put trade in allowance on the new lease. I do have screen shot from that calculation.and becos of this my 65K 530e lease is low 400.

Now with Covid and all fake demand created by the shutdown production line, no one is buying cars left alone luxury cars until mid next year hopefully. Dealers are creating hype saying no allocations are available, too much demand, low supply...BS. There are no allocations because plant was shutdown and BMW laid people off. It's all public data. It's all fluff and fake like stock market.

Everyone knows the real situation. Economy is 'ffed up. Mass layoffs are happening. Fortune 100/500 laying people off. and no one is spending other than few suckers like us whose leases are up and need to replace cars.

btw do you still go to Brian Sorce @Wide World BMW. Don't know if you still remember me. My x35i was from Wide world and I talked to you few times in 2014. when you took black m-sport from them as well.

Quote:
There is no trade-in equity for leases. They do, at least used to, offer a small credit for unused miles. Here is the table from 18:

% of miles unused/Credit
10-14.9 /$200
15-24.9 /$250
25 and up /$300
Yup aware of this. Max I can get $300 on each car...lol.
Appreciate 1
hyde488.00
      09-19-2020, 12:25 AM   #1952
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No down payment on existing cars. Yeah, payoff is listed on the BMWFS website. The last time when I leased 530e, dealer took my old pristine x35i and rolled in left equity to 530e payment. some sort of credit into my new lease. He himself told me this. He bought my car and put trade in allowance on the new lease. I do have screen shot from that calculation.and becos of this my 65K 530e lease is low 400.

Now with Covid and all fake demand created by the shutdown production line, no one is buying cars left alone luxury cars until mid next year hopefully. Dealers are creating hype saying no allocations are available, too much demand, low supply...BS. There are no allocations because plant was shutdown and BMW laid people off. It's all public data. It's all fluff and fake like stock market.

Everyone knows the real situation. Economy is 'ffed up. Mass layoffs are happening. Fortune 100/500 laying people off. and no one is spending other than few suckers like us whose leases are up and need to replace cars.

btw do you still go to Brian Sorce @Wide World BMW. Don't know if you still remember me. My x35i was from Wide world and I talked to you few times in 2014. when you took black m-sport from them as well.

Yup aware of this. Max I can get $300 on each car...lol.
Oh wow, how do you remember this stuff? I actually had the Deep Sea Blue from them. I did get a car from WWBMW but it wasn't Brian, it was Will back then he was sales I hear he is sales manager now. I emailed him, crickets... He let me deal with someone else with no response. Sadly their deals are nothing like what they were back then, not even close to 3 years ago, when I gave them a chance and I ended up going with Q7 because the dealer in Cherry Hill gave me an amazing price that nobody could match at the time $70k MSRP with $1500 DAS for $800/mo.
Now Audi has horrible residual, down from 56 to 51% on new model, 50% on prestige..

Back to WWBMW, they are asking for $2000 DAS + $997/mo on a $71-$72k build.. I think that calculates to about 3.5% off MSRP.. laughable to be honest. At 10% off MSRP I am ready to sign.. How come brokers are offering 10.5% to 11% off but us returning customers cannot get anything close to these? Bad side of brokers are you gotta pay about $1k extra out of pocket (NJ dealers $600'ish doc fees and broker's $400 fee) that's $30/mo more you are paying but it's recouped by extra % off MSRP, problem is they are not rolling and they want these upfront, including dealer fees.

I totally agree that this fake demand, as if there are no cars on the lot, you check the inventory there is plenty, worst is when I heard "we are not giving away cars" hey Mr. Dealer, if you say that I will never call you or visit you again, I might call and ask for another salesman but not you.

I do feel the prices will improve if we wait a little. Winter hits, people settle, nobody is going to be driving around, nobody will need to show off their nice cars.

One dealer said "people are fleeing NY and they want cars" I was like, really? They want SQ5 or X4 m40i to flee (both Audi and BMW dealers said same thing, including BMW Bayside, who offered me slightly better than WWBMW but not nearly enough).

I think they do want to move new 5 series, but I hear it's not the ultimate driving machine and not worth going down to sedan over X5.

I got my last BMW from BMW Oyster Bay, John. Another ghoster. I called him, we spoke, he was like of course I got you. 3 days no response. 5 days, no response. I texted him he said will get you numbers tomorrow.. nothing. What's up with dealers? If it's really a hype at least respond with something, seriously it's mind boggling. I will end up extending my Q7 lease to show them all wait until it's dead and they can't sell cars anymore and I'll grab a $70k XC90 for $700/mo.. I don't care really 3 years pass really quickly. No biggie.

There is a really cool sales guy at BMW Rallye gotta find his card, super professional and respectful guy came out walked around the lot with me, let me see if I can find his card, they are not known for their discounts but you never know.
      09-19-2020, 12:38 PM   #1953
DBLDNon11
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 xDrive40i

Quote:
The Luxury seating package once again includes the massaging seats from everything we have seen. For a short period they had a luxury seating package and a luxury seating package 2. The first without massage and the second with. That seems to have changed according to orders we have seen.
Wow, that's interesting. My MY21 pricing sheet must be out of date. Just to be clear, the Luxury Seating Package is now a single $1,600 option and includes multi-comfort, ventilation, and messaging seats, correct?
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2020, 01:08 PM   #1954
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBLDNon11 View Post
Wow, that's interesting. My MY21 pricing sheet must be out of date. Just to be clear, the Luxury Seating Package is now a single $1,600 option and includes multi-comfort, ventilation, and messaging seats, correct?
That is correct from what we have seen. There hasn't been an order guide posted since the original one, as far as I know, so hopefully someone posts a current version soon.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2020, 02:27 AM   #1955
leasehackr
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Oh wow, how do you remember this stuff? I actually had the Deep Sea Blue from them. I did get a car from WWBMW but it wasn't Brian, it was Will back then he was sales I hear he is sales manager now. I emailed him, crickets... He let me deal with someone else with no response. Sadly their deals are nothing like what they were back then, not even close to 3 years ago, when I gave them a chance and I ended up going with Q7 because the dealer in Cherry Hill gave me an amazing price that nobody could match at the time $70k MSRP with $1500 DAS for $800/mo.
Now Audi has horrible residual, down from 56 to 51% on new model, 50% on prestige..

Back to WWBMW, they are asking for $2000 DAS + $997/mo on a $71-$72k build.. I think that calculates to about 3.5% off MSRP.. laughable to be honest. At 10% off MSRP I am ready to sign.. How come brokers are offering 10.5% to 11% off but us returning customers cannot get anything close to these? Bad side of brokers are you gotta pay about $1k extra out of pocket (NJ dealers $600'ish doc fees and broker's $400 fee) that's $30/mo more you are paying but it's recouped by extra % off MSRP, problem is they are not rolling and they want these upfront, including dealer fees.

I totally agree that this fake demand, as if there are no cars on the lot, you check the inventory there is plenty, worst is when I heard "we are not giving away cars" hey Mr. Dealer, if you say that I will never call you or visit you again, I might call and ask for another salesman but not you.

I do feel the prices will improve if we wait a little. Winter hits, people settle, nobody is going to be driving around, nobody will need to show off their nice cars.

One dealer said "people are fleeing NY and they want cars" I was like, really? They want SQ5 or X4 m40i to flee (both Audi and BMW dealers said same thing, including BMW Bayside, who offered me slightly better than WWBMW but not nearly enough).

I think they do want to move new 5 series, but I hear it's not the ultimate driving machine and not worth going down to sedan over X5.

I got my last BMW from BMW Oyster Bay, John. Another ghoster. I called him, we spoke, he was like of course I got you. 3 days no response. 5 days, no response. I texted him he said will get you numbers tomorrow.. nothing. What's up with dealers? If it's really a hype at least respond with something, seriously it's mind boggling. I will end up extending my Q7 lease to show them all wait until it's dead and they can't sell cars anymore and I'll grab a $70k XC90 for $700/mo.. I don't care really 3 years pass really quickly. No biggie.

There is a really cool sales guy at BMW Rallye gotta find his card, super professional and respectful guy came out walked around the lot with me, let me see if I can find his card, they are not known for their discounts but you never know.
Good times, I remember you and there are pics from WWBMW delivery in the forum which I shipped to Seattle WWBMW are thugs. The only reasons they had good pricing because they were doing volume in NY/NJ.

Not going to pick from east coast any more, dealing with west coast out of state dealers for the last 4 leases. He already put it order for 45e and 40e. I have to pick up X5 + 530 or X5 + X5 if he can make good deal. Worst case, I will do 21 X5 (custom order) + 20 X5 from lot (with more discount) since I do need to replace both leases.

This is funny, People are fleeing NY but they need luxary cars to flee in...should have asked why the 'ck they can't flee in toyota or honda..lol

Agreed, December you will see more incentive w/agressive pricing. Today I stopped by BMW dealer in the afternoon to check out new phytonic blue color. It was sunny nice weather no rain in seattle. Litterly there was no one in the center checking out new cars. There was one more chinese family of 6 people (tucked inside x5 trying to do test drive next to phytonic blue X5 which I was checking out, other than that nothing.

let's hope higher residual or more incentives will be available in Dec.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-20-2020, 08:57 PM   #1956
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

That blue looks amazing, but only if you get msport because against the base rims with black plastic fenders, it just doesn't look nearly good, which is why I changed my mind about the blue. I am not getting mSport and I wanted to go with Black on 20 or 21" rims and to my surprise getting bigger and wider rims don't seem to add the flares anymore, which is really weird. It seems to me like typical BMW. 1st "gen" of redesign has lots of plastic, then they fix those in LCI.

I am pushing my Audi dealer to get me better numbers and I told them I'll come and in swap the moment I get comparable deal to my existing lease on latest Q7. If they can't do that, we'll see how X5 pricing is.

If anyone is getting 10 to 11% off, I am ready to sign, please share the dealer and ask them for referral bonus LOL.
      09-20-2020, 10:36 PM   #1957
leasehackr
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That blue looks amazing, but only if you get msport because against the base rims with black plastic fenders, it just doesn't look nearly good, which is why I changed my mind about the blue. I am not getting mSport and I wanted to go with Black on 20 or 21" rims and to my surprise getting bigger and wider rims don't seem to add the flares anymore, which is really weird. It seems to me like typical BMW. 1st "gen" of redesign has lots of plastic, then they fix those in LCI.

I am pushing my Audi dealer to get me better numbers and I told them I'll come and in swap the moment I get comparable deal to my existing lease on latest Q7. If they can't do that, we'll see how X5 pricing is.

If anyone is getting 10 to 11% off, I am ready to sign, please share the dealer and ask them for referral bonus LOL.
Agreed - xline has so many black plastic parts. I'm going the other way from the current luxury line to m-sport. Why no m-sport? My current x5 is a luxury line which has black plastic all over but 530e is m-sport which I love. that's why all my next cars have to be m-sport

Saw a few people posted 10% and 11% in CO and other states.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2020, 11:27 PM   #1958
bluzbra
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M550i / '20 X5 40i

Anyone know how to sign up for the BMW Unplug to Unleash Sales event to get the OL code for the $1k incentive? Thanks!