BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-07-2020, 09:46 PM   #89
Hunter399
Major General
Hunter399's Avatar
233
Rep
7,937
Posts

Drives: X5MC
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (30)

Anyone think there's a chance Skylounge comes to the X5M?
Appreciate 1
      06-09-2020, 11:35 AM   #90
ND40oz
Major
ND40oz's Avatar
269
Rep
1,172
Posts

Drives: 09 135i
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Denver/Frankfurt

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter399 View Post
Anyone think there's a chance Skylounge comes to the X5M?
Nope, it's not included in the Exec package on the X5M.

It's weird how the Exec package differs between the X5 M50i and the X5M, the only options that they share are the Rear Manual Window Shades and the Icon Adaptive LED Headlights with Laserlight, everything else is completely different.
__________________
20 BMW M2 CS
19 Mini Cooper S Countryman ALL4 6MT
18 BMW X3 M40i
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2020, 07:35 PM   #91
Cooltones
Happy M Driver
Cooltones's Avatar
United_States
215
Rep
372
Posts

Drives: E60 M5, F82 M4, G05 X5
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Silicon Valley Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltones View Post
So today I placed an order for my X5 xDrive40i. Given the options I've requested (Fully loaded, with the exception of integrated active steering, night vision, running boards) it will be interesting how this plays out:
1) If my X5 will be identified as a 2020 or MY21 (given parts delays, and the BMW SC plant currently fulfilling a backlog of X5's due to Covid-19, and
2) If because I placed the order today I'll be able to get the Bowers & Wilkins audio before the MY21 production options are "enforced".

We'll see...
UPDATE: Just received a message from my BMW rep and he shared some good news with me. Seems that he was able to get one of their last 2020 build slots and apply it to my X5 order. The only thing that was held up was my request for FULL, versus Extended Merino leather. They are awaiting BMW NA's decision on whether or not they will approve this exception. I was GLAD to find out that this was the only issue with my X5 order -- At least I'm still able to get acoustic glass, B&W sound system, soft close doors, alcantara headliner, luggage compartment package and a few other options that the 2021 X5 40i no longer has as options.

I hope the rest of you are able to land your X5 or X6 with most, if not all of the options you're hoping for.

Now to find out how long it will take to build...

Cheers,
-Tony
__________________
2020 X5 40i M Sport
2016 M4 Coupe; STILL love the exterior design
2008 Dinan S1 M5; Amazing V10 @ 6 mpg!
2006 530i; First BMW to comfortably fit my two 6ft+ tall boys
1998 328i; Best wedding photo was a picture of My bride and me next to our 328i

Last edited by Cooltones; 06-09-2020 at 07:54 PM..
Appreciate 3
      06-09-2020, 10:30 PM   #92
Marwan1
New Member
United_States
11
Rep
26
Posts

Drives: 2018 X5 35d
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Houston

iTrader: (0)

One may interpret the above discussion to say that orders for a 2020 placed starting now will automatically be bumped to a 2021 model order. Is that correct or is there still a possibility one can order, and get a 2020 car?
__________________
Current: 2018 X5 35d

Retired:
2010, 2012, and 2015 X5 35d
2006 330i
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2020, 10:34 PM   #93
spike5150
Captain
318
Rep
877
Posts

Drives: 2020 X5 M50i
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Denver Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
As I said, hopefully it was due to COVID-19 but without seeing the breakdown of options ordered by each region it is tough to speculate anything either way. It could be the demand for those options are much smaller and they can fulfill the orders. Similar to the reason given that Tartufo was available for the entire MY20 for the X7 but only for the last few months for the X5, the supplier could not keep up with the demand created by the X5.

It really doesn't matter what the real reason is as long as they come back soon.
Wow they really hobbled the 40i with options for 2021. Hopefully a short term reduction.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2020, 02:26 AM   #94
Cooltones
Happy M Driver
Cooltones's Avatar
United_States
215
Rep
372
Posts

Drives: E60 M5, F82 M4, G05 X5
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Silicon Valley Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marwan1 View Post
One may interpret the above discussion to say that orders for a 2020 placed starting now will automatically be bumped to a 2021 model order. Is that correct or is there still a possibility one can order, and get a 2020 car?
When I spoke to my BMW rep he made it clear to me that what I was given was one of the last 2020 BMW X production allocations they had. When built, it won't be labeled a "2021" -- We both believe that this is why all the options available for 2020 were still 'in effect/applied'.

Not sure how many BMW dealers still have a 2020 BMW X production allocation. As I hear more I'll be sure to share here.
__________________
2020 X5 40i M Sport
2016 M4 Coupe; STILL love the exterior design
2008 Dinan S1 M5; Amazing V10 @ 6 mpg!
2006 530i; First BMW to comfortably fit my two 6ft+ tall boys
1998 328i; Best wedding photo was a picture of My bride and me next to our 328i
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2020, 11:07 AM   #95
Marwan1
New Member
United_States
11
Rep
26
Posts

Drives: 2018 X5 35d
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Houston

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltones View Post
When I spoke to my BMW rep he made it clear to me that what I was given was one of the last 2020 BMW X production allocations they had. When built, it won't be labeled a "2021" -- We both believe that this is why all the options available for 2020 were still 'in effect/applied'.

Not sure how many BMW dealers still have a 2020 BMW X production allocation. As I hear more I'll be sure to share here.
__________________
Current: 2018 X5 35d

Retired:
2010, 2012, and 2015 X5 35d
2006 330i
Appreciate 1
Cooltones215.00

      06-10-2020, 12:56 PM   #96
puckybadger
Lieutenant
170
Rep
446
Posts

Drives: 2020 G06 X6 M50i
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: milwaukee, wi

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPichardo View Post
- Kiss the 50i bye-bye, 40i, and M50i only

- Satellite radio is now standard

- Wireless Android Auto is now standard.

- The convenience package now includes remote start. (standard on M50i)

- The premium package now includes HK sound

- M Sport brakes can be ordered in blue or red

- The luxury seating package no longer adds massage function and must be added separately.

- carbon Fiber trim now available on M50i

- Bowers & Wilkins only available on M50i

- Executive package includes glass controls, no longer a stand-alone option.
I hear glass controls no longer includes the radio knob.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2020, 02:10 PM   #97
Cooltones
Happy M Driver
Cooltones's Avatar
United_States
215
Rep
372
Posts

Drives: E60 M5, F82 M4, G05 X5
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Silicon Valley Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckybadger View Post
I hear glass controls no longer includes the radio knob.
For 2021, that is correct. The glass controls includes the radio knob, provided you are ordering a 2020 X5 model.

Also, according to a BMWNA rep, effective May 21st 2020 there was no longer the FULL Merino Leather option for the 40i, even if you are ordering a 2020 X5 model. Extended Merino Leather option + Leather Dashboard option is the most leather coverage you can get (Leather on the bottom half of the dashboard is no longer available).

My production status is now 112, so the waiting begins...
__________________
2020 X5 40i M Sport
2016 M4 Coupe; STILL love the exterior design
2008 Dinan S1 M5; Amazing V10 @ 6 mpg!
2006 530i; First BMW to comfortably fit my two 6ft+ tall boys
1998 328i; Best wedding photo was a picture of My bride and me next to our 328i

Last edited by Cooltones; 06-10-2020 at 04:20 PM..
Appreciate 2
      06-11-2020, 12:31 PM   #98
BMW_Cyprus
Private
Cyprus
43
Rep
91
Posts

Drives: Looking forward to G05 X5
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Nicosia

iTrader: (0)

Does anyone have any similar information on changes for European MY2021?
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2020, 05:09 PM   #99
sfscott
New Member
3
Rep
10
Posts

Drives: 2002 M3 Convertible
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Northern California

iTrader: (0)

What is the rationale for offering certain colors on the 4.0 and not on the M5.0?

Or limiting colors across series for that matter? Cars come out of the same factory. I don't understand the marketing angle. Same with leathers.

I also don't get why, if someone is willing to pay for full leather a tow hitch on an x5M, they are not made available.

Not suggesting that BMW needs to become Porsche, but for $100k, let me have the car I want.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2020, 04:44 PM   #100
emulajavi
Second Lieutenant
emulajavi's Avatar
Spain
232
Rep
243
Posts

Drives: MINI JCW F56
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Spain

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPichardo View Post
- Kiss the 50i bye-bye, 40i, and M50i only

- Satellite radio is now standard

- Wireless Android Auto is now standard.

- The convenience package now includes remote start. (standard on M50i)

- The premium package now includes HK sound

- M Sport brakes can be ordered in blue or red

- The luxury seating package no longer adds massage function and must be added separately.

- carbon Fiber trim now available on M50i

- Bowers & Wilkins only available on M50i

- Executive package includes glass controls, no longer a stand-alone option.

Is there a similar list for the X6??

Are there any differences between the Driving Assistant Professional in MY2020 and MY2021 and the same for the Live Cockpit Professional? If there are any...will MY2020 be software updatable to get them?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2020, 05:14 PM   #101
Auricom
Colonel
Auricom's Avatar
United_States
1589
Rep
2,128
Posts

Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: DMV

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by emulajavi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPichardo View Post
- Kiss the 50i bye-bye, 40i, and M50i only

- Satellite radio is now standard

- Wireless Android Auto is now standard.

- The convenience package now includes remote start. (standard on M50i)

- The premium package now includes HK sound

- M Sport brakes can be ordered in blue or red

- The luxury seating package no longer adds massage function and must be added separately.

- carbon Fiber trim now available on M50i

- Bowers & Wilkins only available on M50i

- Executive package includes glass controls, no longer a stand-alone option.

Is there a similar list for the X6??

Are there any differences between the Driving Assistant Professional in MY2020 and MY2021 and the same for the Live Cockpit Professional? If there are any...will MY2020 be software updatable to get them?

Thanks!
No changes or differences between MY20 and MY21 Driving Assistant Professional. Live Cockpit Professional is standard across USA model X5 and X6s. Last update for both was fall 2019 where Assisted Driving View was added.

Detailed model ordering and pricing guides for all BMWs excluding X3 are available here:

https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1727830
__________________
Current BMWs - '20 X5 xDrive40i M Sport, '20 BMW M550i | Past BMWs - '03 540iT M Sport, '06 E53 4.8is, '11 E70 M Sport LCI

Appreciate 1
emulajavi231.50

      06-18-2020, 05:41 AM   #102
emulajavi
Second Lieutenant
emulajavi's Avatar
Spain
232
Rep
243
Posts

Drives: MINI JCW F56
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Spain

iTrader: (0)

Thank you for the info!
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2020, 08:18 PM   #103
sebseb
New Member
United_States
8
Rep
17
Posts

Drives: 2011 535i
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereef510 View Post
I don't understand the logic behind them locking the audio system into the highest engine configuration. I'm pretty sure the upgrade "upgrade" audio system was always available across all trims. It makes them money and is a good option for people who are happy with the smaller engine but really want good sound and all of the other amenities. Makes no sense to me to have to spend that much extra just to have the option to get good sound. Maybe the B&W option just isnt selling well on the lower trims? imo, they should make the B&W system as standard equipment.
Interestingly, in Canada you can get the B&W package on the 2021 45e which means it has nothing to do with supplier constraint specially since they make the damn cars here in the US.

Did BMW just want to piss people off? Why on earth would you remove luxury features on a car that is suppose to be luxury?

This car was something I was very excited about for and they just ruined it. Also what the hell with the 30 miles electric range? didn't they say 40-50?

Last edited by sebseb; 06-19-2020 at 08:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2020, 09:03 PM   #104
thereef510
Captain
United_States
297
Rep
721
Posts

Drives: '16 F15; '20 G05
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Tennessee

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebseb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereef510 View Post
I don't understand the logic behind them locking the audio system into the highest engine configuration. I'm pretty sure the upgrade "upgrade" audio system was always available across all trims. It makes them money and is a good option for people who are happy with the smaller engine but really want good sound and all of the other amenities. Makes no sense to me to have to spend that much extra just to have the option to get good sound. Maybe the B&W option just isnt selling well on the lower trims? imo, they should make the B&W system as standard equipment.
Interestingly, in Canada you can get the B&W package on the 2021 45e which means it has nothing to do with supplier constraint specially since they make the damn cars here in the US.

Did BMW just want to piss people off? Why on earth would you remove luxury features on a car that is suppose to be luxury?

This car was something I was very excited about for and they just ruined it. Also what the hell with the 30 miles electric range? didn't they say 40-50?
Hopefully this is a one off type situation for this year or the next couple of years as the world resets.

Nevermind the driving dynamics, I am in love with the brand for how well idrive works and their continued design reliance on having physical buttons for the most used functions.

I'm used to the luxury features and I don't want to upgrade to the bigger engine but unless I find an alternative in the next two years who has as good an integrated system as the bmw, I guess I'll have to. Hopefully there'll be enough push back from us inline 6 brand loyalists for them to stop shortchanging us with each update. Hoping my21 is just an unexplainable anomaly and not a trend
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2020, 03:51 PM   #105
BrummyGit
New Member
0
Rep
16
Posts

Drives: BMW X5
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

UK X5 45e MY 2021 SOP dates?

I've just registered here as I'm looking for info and hope someone can help.

I'm in the UK and ready to order an X5 45e M Sport but as this is through my employers lease scheme, and our local BMW dealers are closed due to COVID-19, I've struggled to get a straight answer on when I can be sure I would get a MY 2021 UK spec vehicle and not MY 2020. I even tried BMW UK via social media and got told they know nothing about any 2021 changes .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricom View Post
No changes or differences between MY20 and MY21 Driving Assistant Professional.
I've read that the UK car does have differences to it's speed limit and no-overtaking detection, variable distance on the adaptive cruise control, and better lane controls linked to the satnav.

Additionally I believe the MY 2021 includes more options for remotely setting seat heating etc, and the eDrive facility for driving in European low emissions zones.

I'd like to make sure I get the UK MY 2021 - can anyone provide any information to help?
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2020, 06:24 PM   #106
Auricom
Colonel
Auricom's Avatar
United_States
1589
Rep
2,128
Posts

Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: DMV

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrummyGit View Post
I've read that the UK car does have differences to it's speed limit and no-overtaking detection, variable distance on the adaptive cruise control, and better lane controls linked to the satnav
I'm sure there a minor differences but in general the features are consistent from MY20 to MY21. I get updates via BMW PressClub Global and attempt to post releases when available.

Adaptive cruise control with distance control functions the same across US & UK - with 4 preset distance settings. Speed limit control is consistent across US/UK with differences with round-abouts since there's not many in the US. Lane controls and showing work zones etc are consistent across US/UK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrummyGit View Post
Additionally I believe the MY 2021 includes more options for remotely setting seat heating etc, and the eDrive facility for driving in European low emissions zones.
Remote start and climatization for requested departure time is all there, with seat heating, ventilation if optioned with Luxury Seating Package.

I'm not familiar with eDrive facility since the 45e is just launching in the USA. I'll have the technical documentation available a bit later.

I'm sure our UK and EU forum members will chime in to assist with your inquiries. Cheers and welcome.
__________________
Current BMWs - '20 X5 xDrive40i M Sport, '20 BMW M550i | Past BMWs - '03 540iT M Sport, '06 E53 4.8is, '11 E70 M Sport LCI

Appreciate 1
volodp19.50

      06-20-2020, 06:38 PM   #107
TurtleBoy
Brigadier General
TurtleBoy's Avatar
1488
Rep
3,271
Posts

Drives: 2019 X5 40i
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricom View Post
Speed limit control is consistent across US/UK with differences with round-abouts since there's not many in the US.
I thought the UK has the option to have the vehicle automatically adjust the speed according to the limit where in the US it isn't automatic and you need to hit the Set button (unless you code it). Perhaps that changed and I missed it since it is a system I wouldn't use.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2020, 06:46 PM   #108
Auricom
Colonel
Auricom's Avatar
United_States
1589
Rep
2,128
Posts

Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: DMV

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
I thought the UK has the option to have the vehicle automatically adjust the speed according to the limit where in the US it isn't automatic and you need to hit the Set button (unless you code it). Perhaps that changed and I missed it since it is a system I wouldn't use.
Yeah there's that difference on the road, but in the USA you can set Speed Limit Assist to adapt to the route which I have mine set on in iDrive. 96% of the time I'm always driving around in Assisted Driving mode, Adaptive EDC and the Speed Limit Assists will slow the X5 to stop at intersections with Stop signs.

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-06-20 at 7.44.03 PM.png
Views: 1225
Size:  114.8 KB
__________________
Current BMWs - '20 X5 xDrive40i M Sport, '20 BMW M550i | Past BMWs - '03 540iT M Sport, '06 E53 4.8is, '11 E70 M Sport LCI


Last edited by Auricom; 06-20-2020 at 06:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2020, 10:59 PM   #109
X5 45e
Lieutenant Colonel
626
Rep
1,586
Posts

Drives: BMW X5 45e
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2020 BMW X5 45e  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrummyGit View Post
I've just registered here as I'm looking for info and hope someone can help.

I'm in the UK and ready to order an X5 45e M Sport but as this is through my employers lease scheme, and our local BMW dealers are closed due to COVID-19, I've struggled to get a straight answer on when I can be sure I would get a MY 2021 UK spec vehicle and not MY 2020. I even tried BMW UK via social media and got told they know nothing about any 2021 changes .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricom View Post
No changes or differences between MY20 and MY21 Driving Assistant Professional.
I've read that the UK car does have differences to it's speed limit and no-overtaking detection, variable distance on the adaptive cruise control, and better lane controls linked to the satnav.

Additionally I believe the MY 2021 includes more options for remotely setting seat heating etc, and the eDrive facility for driving in European low emissions zones.

I'd like to make sure I get the UK MY 2021 - can anyone provide any information to help?
Welcome. It is a great car!

The edrive functionality you mention is already installed in update 03/2020. So edrive is activated by geo fencing once you drive in certain cities . If you navigate through some cities on bmw navigation it will automatically regulate battery level to your need. It is installed in my 2020 model. So that is no difference.

https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/globa...-across-europe

I understood the connected drive app will be updated giving extra possibility to activate seat heating and ventilation with the app. I don't know if an Idrive update is needed. If so it is expected on July. They are always at least one version behind. Mine was version 07/2019 delivered 12/2019. You could ask them to update you to the latest software. Preheating and cooling is available already on the 45e. Activating seat heating and ventilation I can't do yet. I don't know if this is different in the US? Looking at the post of Auricom apparently he is already able to activate seat ventilation remotely? Or maybe I misunderstood?

Lane keeping with satnav I haven't heard about. Better distance keeping is probably a software update too? Or will there be new sensors? Can't comment on that.

https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/globa...or-summer-2020

And current delivery times are around 9 months. Mine was delivered in December, ordered in may. The worry would be 2022 vs 2021 🤔. You will get 2021 anyway.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2020, 11:06 PM   #110
X5 45e
Lieutenant Colonel
626
Rep
1,586
Posts

Drives: BMW X5 45e
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2020 BMW X5 45e  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricom View Post
Speed limit control is consistent across US/UK with differences with round-abouts since there's not many in the US.
I thought the UK has the option to have the vehicle automatically adjust the speed according to the limit where in the US it isn't automatic and you need to hit the Set button (unless you code it). Perhaps that changed and I missed it since it is a system I wouldn't use.
The functionality with pushing the button works great. Automatic is available in Belgium but way to intrusive. Sometimes it sees a signal panel for an other lane or a just is wrong (not often) and it will hit the brakes. It also hits the brakes harder where you would just release the gas your self and let it roll out to the new speed. I stopped using it. When speed increases I do use use the set button to accelerate. That works well.
Appreciate 1
volodp19.50

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:42 PM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST