Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

Alonso to drive for Ferrari next year?

Looks like it.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/10906302...-monza--report

Quote:
September 11 2009 could be the date on which Fernando Alonso is revealed as a Ferrari driver for the next five formula one seasons.

The Spanish newspaper Diario AS claims that the sport's best-known secret may already be scheduled for official confirmation on the Friday of the Italian grand prix at Monza.

The report believes Ferrari has not decided which of the team's contracted 2010 drivers, Felipe Massa or Kimi Raikkonen, will be ushered aside to make room for the former double world champion, who currently races for Renault.

AS said Ferrari intends to hold its major end-of-season event at Valencia in November, not only to welcome Alonso, 27, to the team, but also its new 2010 Spanish sponsor Santander.

The report said Alonso could be the "surprise guest" at the event, but would have to wear casual clothes because of his Renault contract through December 31.
      07-07-2009, 10:30 PM   #2
335fourdoor
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by news 4 u View Post
Definitely Ferrari's best chance to get back to the top(with competitive car of course)
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2009, 11:15 PM   #3
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

No.....

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2009, 11:46 PM   #4
ianbiz
Back in a BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i Msport

it was pretty obvious when Santander signed with ferrari a year or so ago that alonso was going there.
      07-08-2009, 12:45 AM   #5
335fourdoor
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2fire View Post
No.....
Alonso argueably the best natural skill driver in F1 driving substandard cars for a few years now.Ferrari couldn't choose a better driver.My opinion
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2009, 12:45 PM   #6
yermo
You know I am kind of a big deal...
Rep
Drives: 18 m4, 19 x5

He is very good. Just look at how he has done with a dog of a car in the last two years. As a Ferrari fan I am very excited for this. Except, I thought Kimi was going to be great and yes he won but he has not been consistent enough. Alonso has a "fire" to win that the Ferrari team needs.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2009, 03:15 PM   #7
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Mcoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by yermo View Post
He is very good. Just look at how he has done with a dog of a car in the last two years. As a Ferrari fan I am very excited for this. Except, I thought Kimi was going to be great and yes he won but he has not been consistent enough. Alonso has a "fire" to win that the Ferrari team needs.
Actually look at what he hasn't done. He has won a few sporadic races in that "dog of a car" but it was pretty clear all he did was actually step it up a notch and drive. Most of the time all he does is bitch about his team sucking or his car not being competitive when in reality he is simply not trying.

Go back and watch the races he won, most of them he didnt really get lucky, he might have gotten a small break to sort of give him a glimmer of hope, and then he "wakes up" and makes a huge drive to a podium.

I have no respect for someone who can do nothing but criticize his team when it's himself he has to blame.
      07-08-2009, 03:43 PM   #8
335fourdoor
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
Actually look at what he hasn't done. He has won a few sporadic races in that "dog of a car" but it was pretty clear all he did was actually step it up a notch and drive. Most of the time all he does is bitch about his team sucking or his car not being competitive when in reality he is simply not trying.

Go back and watch the races he won, most of them he didnt really get lucky, he might have gotten a small break to sort of give him a glimmer of hope, and then he "wakes up" and makes a huge drive to a podium.

I have no respect for someone who can do nothing but criticize his team when it's himself he has to blame.
Another thing that Alonso does better than any other current driver,is being able to explain to the engineers how to to set up a car for each race.
Kimi is great,just no desire to be the best(too mellow,too much partying)
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2009, 04:55 PM   #9
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Mcoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335fourdoor View Post
Another thing that Alonso does better than any other current driver,is being able to explain to the engineers how to to set up a car for each race.
I would have to agree with that actually, that's a lot of what contributed to ha,iltons winning as his teamate, they were sharing setups, but later in the season they stopped.
      07-13-2009, 01:35 AM   #10
ianbiz
Back in a BMW
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335fourdoor View Post
Also, he has been rallying a lot lately too.
      07-14-2009, 06:14 PM   #11
mtechnik3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

I'm a Tifosi, but those damn traitors if this true...Should be interesting if it pans out.

Alonso, and Massa should make for some for great fireworks behind the scenes! Kimi doesn't seem to show the typical fire and passion that Scuderia Ferrari drivers have had over past years. Admittedly I haven't watched much F1 at all this year...too much drama and hoopla going on.
      07-14-2009, 09:06 PM   #12
ianbiz
Back in a BMW
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MiroE90 View Post
I'm a Tifosi, but those damn traitors if this true...Should be interesting if it pans out.

Alonso, and Massa should make for some for great fireworks behind the scenes! Kimi doesn't seem to show the typical fire and passion that Scuderia Ferrari drivers have had over past years. Admittedly I haven't watched much F1 at all this year...too much drama and hoopla going on.
I can see half of them being in total disgust because the red team hired the man that beat their god. I can see the other half being really happy and eager to hear their anthem played after each GP for the constructor.
      07-14-2009, 09:22 PM   #13
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
Rep
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others

Wow, that would be great, now I can finish hating Ferrari and Alonso. Hahahaha!!!