BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-26-2023, 03:40 AM   #1
Ken6096
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M F95 2022

Trading my F95 for M3 VS M5 need help and opinion pls

Hello,
I have my X5M F95 for a year now and only 5K miles on it. I really like and excited when i first got it but that feeling has gone after awhile. It is my first M car trading my g05 50i in. Just feel it too much for me and think i might like smaller car. I do not need that much space, have 2 cars , living in snow area and will use M car just for fun or family trip.

I ask in this forum because i know some of you change from m3 or m5 to x5m would you regret ?

Is M3 and M5 difficult to live with? Maintenance and cost of ownership compare to X5M

Im pretty sure M3 and M5 will be more fun to drive but im just worried that i will make wrong decision trading my x5m.

My dealer and brandnew M3 which im in process of dealing but also I am looking at 2022 used M5 since I dont want to pay any out of pocket trading in.

P.S. I was thinking may be M340i or M550i is enough for me and save lot of money but that would be too much downgrade .

Thank you for every comment🙏🙏

BMW X5M comp F95 2022
Mini clubman JCW F54 2019
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2023, 06:37 AM   #2
onfireX5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F90M5,F85X5M

If you REALLY want smaller, don’t get a M5. I loved mine, but it parks, etc like the X5MC in size.

M3 is a smaller footprint, but the materials used inside do not feel as upscale as the X5MC.

You should drive both , then decide.

Good luck !
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2023, 07:10 AM   #3
Daily_drivX5M
Certified
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW F95 X5 M competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken6096 View Post
Hello,
I have my X5M F95 for a year now and only 5K miles on it. I really like and excited when i first got it but that feeling has gone after awhile. It is my first M car trading my g05 50i in. Just feel it too much for me and think i might like smaller car. I do not need that much space, have 2 cars , living in snow area and will use M car just for fun or family trip.

I ask in this forum because i know some of you change from m3 or m5 to x5m would you regret ?

Is M3 and M5 difficult to live with? Maintenance and cost of ownership compare to X5M

Im pretty sure M3 and M5 will be more fun to drive but im just worried that i will make wrong decision trading my x5m.

My dealer and brandnew M3 which im in process of dealing but also I am looking at 2022 used M5 since I dont want to pay any out of pocket trading in.

P.S. I was thinking may be M340i or M550i is enough for me and save lot of money but that would be too much downgrade .

Thank you for every comment🙏🙏
So I traded in my 22 g80 comp xdrive for an X5M last year. The reason was that I wanted a larger car for safety, storage, comfort, and accommodations for passengers. Now my wife and I don’t have kids yet but we do love the X5M. I thought I was satisfied with the X5M until I drove it long enough.

I ultimately realized I also wanted a compact sports sedan with a stiffer ride and lower ride height. I did have another allocation for a 23 g80 comp x drive that I eventually ended up buying. Now bear in mind that I was not originally going to get the 23 g80 as I had mentally accepted forfeiture of my deposit but I didn’t say anything to the dealer and I’m glad I didn’t.

So for me the two have enough differences to justify having them both but they both offer a great drive so you never really feel like you’re missing out.

If you must choose between one or the other then test drive g80s and other cars you’d consider. Test drive them more than once. See if you can get an m340i loaner for a needed service on your F95. I know it’s no g80 but I had the opportunity to be lent the m440i and had a blast driving it. Might at least help you decide if you really want to downsize or if you like where you are at. I hope that helps.
      06-26-2023, 09:46 AM   #4
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfireX5 View Post
M3 is a smaller footprint, but the materials used inside do not feel as upscale as the X5MC.
Absolutely could not agree more. Six figure MSRP with interior quality of one half the price; even if paired with the full leather dashboard and door cards. The "premium" H/K audio is subpar even with aftermarket upgrades and if you have the B&W in the X5M you will notice that particular difference immediately. G8X is a great platform and BMW did a great job making their version of an S4/RS4 but it falls short in some areas.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2023, 09:29 PM   #5
Ken6096
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfireX5 View Post
If you REALLY want smaller, don’t get a M5. I loved mine, but it parks, etc like the X5MC in size.

You should drive both , then decide.

Good luck !
I will have a test drive M340i and M550i tomorrow. The M3 is really difficult to get here unless i have to order and wait 6-12 months. Thank you for your opinion.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2023, 09:32 PM   #6
Ken6096
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daily_drivX5M View Post
So I traded in my 22 g80 comp xdrive for an X5M last year. The reason was that I wanted a larger car for safety, storage, comfort, and accommodations for passengers. Now my wife and I don’t have kids yet but we do love the X5M. I thought I was satisfied with the X5M until I drove it long enough.

I ultimately realized I also wanted a compact sports sedan with a stiffer ride and lower ride height. I did have another allocation for a 23 g80 comp x drive that I eventually ended up buying. Now bear in mind that I was not originally going to get the 23 g80 as I had mentally accepted forfeiture of my deposit but I didn’t say anything to the dealer and I’m glad I didn’t.

So for me the two have enough differences to justify having them both but they both offer a great drive so you never really feel like you’re missing out.

If you must choose between one or the other then test drive g80s and other cars you’d consider. Test drive them more than once. See if you can get an m340i loaner for a needed service on your F95. I know it’s no g80 but I had the opportunity to be lent the m440i and had a blast driving it. Might at least help you decide if you really want to downsize or if you like where you are at. I hope that helps.
Thank you for your input. Yes i drove JCW before and it was a really fun car but sadly the wheel and tires broken so easy in where i live plenty of potholes so have to sell it. Will go for test drive asap.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2023, 09:34 PM   #7
Ken6096
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post
Absolutely could not agree more. Six figure MSRP with interior quality of one half the price; even if paired with the full leather dashboard and door cards. The "premium" H/K audio is subpar even with aftermarket upgrades and if you have the B&W in the X5M you will notice that particular difference immediately. G8X is a great platform and BMW did a great job making their version of an S4/RS4 but it falls short in some areas.
I used to get 330i as loaner and the material quality is really different from X5. However, i just feel sad that X5m is never be my first pick and it parking there in garage and I keep paying and did not use it. Not sure if i can get M3 anytime soon but M340I could be best option for me. Thank you for your thought
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2023, 10:30 PM   #8
skyline408
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 2022 F95 X5M

I sold my f95 and now on the g80 m3. I just didn't like the size of the f95, but miss the v8. To me, the g80 just fits me better as I like smaller sporty sedans. As for the interior downgrade, It didn't bother me so much as I really like the id8 over id7, so to me it felt like an upgrade.
Appreciate 1
Ken6096108.00