BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-25-2020, 03:20 AM   #1
W0ut
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 X5 xdrive45e

BMW X5 45e active sound available.

A Belgian company has an active sound available for the BMW X45e.

Heinz Performance is a very well known racing team support shop here in Belgium. Not sure if they buy it in or make the system themselves (they used to do that a 5-6 years ago)

Called them and they invited me to come have a look. Went over there thinking I was going to see an X5 45e installation. But it was an installation on a Mercedes cls. Luckily it was only a 5min drive.

The active sound system is a 15cm sphere they install on your exhaust behind the rear bumper. No cutting or modification of the original exhaust needed. And easy to disassemble if you need to return your car to a lease company.

You get access to an app on your phone to modify the sound.
You can configure a different sound for each drive mode (sport, hybrid etc...).
No update of the iDrive system needed. I guess they use that 'socket' (has been discussed on this forum before) near the exhaust to detect the selected drive mode.

Now the bad part.
Installed they are asking 1.800 euros for this system. . They do guarantee a clean, proper and hidden install.

I really wanted a better sound but 1.800? What do you guys think?

They have a small video on their facebook:
https://fb.watch/1kX104ki7P/
Appreciate 1
X5 45e1090.50
      10-25-2020, 04:10 AM   #2
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by W0ut View Post

Heinz Performance is a very well known racing team support shop here in Belgium. Not sure if they buy it in or make the system themselves (they used to do that a 5-6 years ago)

Called them and they invited me to come have a look. Went over there thinking I was going to see an X5 45e installation. But it was an installation on a Mercedes cls. Luckily it was only a 5min drive.

The active sound system is a 15cm sphere they install on your exhaust behind the rear bumper. No cutting or modification of the original exhaust needed. And easy to disassemble if you need to return your car to a lease company.

No update of the iDrive system needed. I guess they use that 'socket' (has been discussed on this forum before) near the exhaust to detect the selected drive mode.

Now the bad part.
Installed they are asking 1.800 euros for this system. . They do guarantee a clean, proper and hidden install.

Nice that it is possible.

But it is not worth 1800 euro for me. That is a ridiculous price. Twice the price of engine tuning that would effectively increase performance.

Ps 5 minute drive do you live in Aalst?

Edit. See they left Aalst and moved to Latem and Hasselt.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 09:15 AM   #3
xigolle
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by W0ut View Post

Now the bad part.

Based on the video on their site I find 1800 a lot of money for that kind of sound.
I don't even find it an improvement.
Appreciate 0