BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-22-2020, 01:37 PM   #23
Nooch
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceman View Post
You guys will not be dissapointed. I've had mine a week tomorrow, will end up at around 800 miles on the first tank with charging once per day. Once I get the charger installed at my shop, i'll be at about 1200 miles per tank. Still babying her, haven't done much sport mode. I also, surprisingly, have not used electric mode. I find hybrid mode is really very smart and efficient in picking when/where to use the engine vs. motor.

I was between white and CB...
How are you liking the CB? Mine should be coming next week!
      10-26-2020, 11:30 AM   #24
ketrab
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F25 2.8i , '21 G5 45e

Quick update.

Been about 20 days since ordered still sitting on "Scheduler for production"

I'll give it couple days before reaching out to the dealer but is that look normal?
      10-26-2020, 12:01 PM   #25
Spencer518
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 45e

Mine sat in Scheduled for Production for 3 weeks. Now it's in Production Begins for almost a week. My order went in on Sept 28
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 02:19 PM   #26
jad03060
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

When it actually starts production depends almost entirely on the build week. Your dealer should be able to tell you. The dealer gets certain build slots, and unless something unusual happens to delay it, the vehicle will start production on or maybe slightly before the build slot. Once a vehicle order has been accepted by the factory, it is tied to a particular week. The dealer knows when that is, as does BMW, but for some reason, BMW does not show that on the buyer's web access page...call the dealer or BMW and you can get that information. Depending on what slots the dealer has, it could be in a few days, or many months away. Once assigned, it generally does not change.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 03:37 PM   #27
amus3d
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 530e, X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketrab View Post
Quick update.

I'll give it couple days before reaching out to the dealer but is that look normal?
Yes, it looks normal. IDK about your sales rep but mine was pretty much useless. He just told me what I can already see online.

Call BMW genius and give them your order/production number. They should be able to give you an exact build week.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2020, 02:02 AM   #28
zaflb
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by amu3ed View Post
Yes, it looks normal. IDK about your sales rep but mine was pretty much useless. He just told me what I can already see online.

Call BMW genius and give them your order/production number. They should be able to give you an exact build week.
Do you remember how long it took from "dispatch from factory" to your dealer in NorCal? May I ask which dealer did you get your car from?
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2020, 03:31 PM   #29
amus3d
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 530e, X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaflb View Post
Do you remember how long it took from "dispatch from factory" to your dealer in NorCal? May I ask which dealer did you get your car from?
Ordered from Roseville BMW. I am still waiting for my car. Its been dispatched from the factory since October 10. lol
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2020, 06:16 PM   #30
jad03060
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketrab View Post
Quick update.

Vehicles are scheduled based on what actual production slots the dealer you purchased it from had already been allocated. The dealer can use a slot for a new vehicle to sit on his lot, trade or sell it to another dealer if he doesn't need it, or he can assign, or reassign one he had already ordered to customize it for a customer. An order can be customized up until very close to the actual production date. If you're lucky, the dealer has a slot that is just about to go into production, he is willing to assign it to your vehicle, and will change his order to customize it for you. In that case, the vehicle could be built and on its way to you within a few weeks of your sales order. If his slots are already committed to other customers or he decides having one on his lot is more important (or you're willing), you may get assigned one of his later slots. IOW, assuming there's not a hold or supply situation on your specific order options, the dealer should have a good idea what week a vehicle you order could be built.

IOW, it could sit in that status for a long time. The dealer knows what week each slot he has is supposed to be built in.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2020, 07:00 PM   #31
codex57
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 45e, Tesla Model 3

Yeah, my dealer told me straight away what production week is allocation was scheduled for. Given that I kept changing the options on it (no thanks to you lot), having it further away was fine with me. TBH, I'm still tossing around a few options (mostly whether to add the Driving Assistance package) and am glad it hasn't gotten locked yet.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2020, 07:39 PM   #32
aceman
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 550ix, 2008 Corvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nooch View Post
Nooch - Sorry for the delayed response. Like most on this forum, I can tell you when clean, its an amazing color. The tough part is keeping it clean . I've washed her once, hoping this weekend for another wash. Sooner or later I'll break down and go thru a car wash.

Anyway - i love the color...came from alpine white....think the darker colors lessen the size of the truck visually...

Did you get yours yet?

Aceman
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2020, 07:43 PM   #33
Nooch
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e M Sport

Quote:
Quote:
Nooch - Sorry for the delayed response. Like most on this forum, I can tell you when clean, its an amazing color. The tough part is keeping it clean . I've washed her once, hoping this weekend for another wash. Sooner or later I'll break down and go thru a car wash.

Anyway - i love the color...came from alpine white....think the darker colors lessen the size of the truck visually...

Did you get yours yet?

Aceman
Quote:
Quote:

Did you get yours yet?

Aceman
Awesome to hear. I am used to black cars so I figured it would be hard to keep clean. But when they are clean they look so good! I should be taking delivery in a couple of days.