AlexG05be
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag sahota View Post
You in the UK pal?
Nope, BE. Fun that I had the exact same timing: ordered Dec19 (paid part of it) planned for July20, delayed to Sept (Covid) then again for the recall - being tested this week normally - fingers crossed.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 02:29 PM   #882
menace33
Private First Class
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5 45e

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by joaopedro1520 View Post
you need to fetch the network response that the website gets. the website transforms that data into what you see. but in reality you have more than that
Can you provide me with an info for WBATA610809D19542 ?
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 02:41 PM   #883
menace33
Private First Class
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexG05be View Post
Nope, BE. Fun that I had the exact same timing: ordered Dec19 (paid part of it) planned for July20, delayed to Sept (Covid) then again for the recall - being tested this week normally - fingers crossed.
Mine was also planned for July, delivered in August, recalled in October.

Had a call this morning with Manager of Aftersales. He cannot say anything. He is just promising that my car will be second that will go through testing process. :/
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 02:44 PM   #884
lexieke
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X5

Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 02:48 PM   #885
stevieb27
Private
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xvm_45e View Post
Oh yes, and I'm also on the so-called"wave 1 priority list". But then again, who isn't?
The continued lack of communication and information I can’t get my head around.
I really can’t understand why they can’t communicate a planning schedule at this stage. I also can’t understand how each day the only communication is about tomorrow and then turns into next week and the next week...and the next week!
Next week is December....

My car is sitting at the dealers since 18/09...and still there is no movement and I genuinely now have no idea when I will receive it.

In the event my car will be registered in 21’, which is looking more likely, I am going to request for a guarantee of compensation in the event the tax laws change. Quite possible in belgium! It’s happened before! Other than that i am also thinking of rejecting my original car and request my dealer to order a new one and in the meantime they can continue to cover my mobility.

Not unreasonable requests...considering the situation
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 03:04 PM   #886
lexieke
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

stevieb27 I had the same idea - get a new one but do have mobility covered.

Only difference is that my car was registered the day before the recall. So I never signed for it but they did register it - so in theory my tax is covered even if I get the car back in 2021 but as may said: is it still a new car after this period, what's the real risk etc.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 03:16 PM   #887
joaopedro1520
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

My 330e delivered in august was today transported to a transport hub, no idea were the car is headed to. Definitely the procedure is not going to be done at the dealers shop. Will call them tomorrow to now more
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 03:24 PM   #888
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexieke View Post

Only difference is that my car was registered the day before the recall. So I never signed for it but they did register it - so in theory my tax is covered even if I get the car back in 2021 but as may said: is it still a new car after this period, what's the real risk etc.
They didn't register your car, your insurance company did. So I think at the end legally you registered the car. Or did a leasing company registered it?

I don't know it would make a difference for you now if you keep the car. But they are not going to take a car back that is already registered on your name. Even if it only has 0 miles it would be a second hand on paper for them.

Lets just hope you get it back soon.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 03:30 PM   #889
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieb27 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by xvm_45e View Post
Oh yes, and I'm also on the so-called"wave 1 priority list". But then again, who isn't?
The continued lack of communication and information I can’t get my head around.
I really can’t understand why they can’t communicate a planning schedule at this stage. I also can’t understand how each day the only communication is about tomorrow and then turns into next week and the next week...and the next week!
Next week is December....

My car is sitting at the dealers since 18/09...and still there is no movement and I genuinely now have no idea when I will receive it.

In the event my car will be registered in 21’, which is looking more likely, I am going to request for a guarantee of compensation in the event the tax laws change. Quite possible in belgium! It’s happened before! Other than that i am also thinking of rejecting my original car and request my dealer to order a new one and in the meantime they can continue to cover my mobility.

Not unreasonable requests...considering the situation
When signing my order in may 2019 I added that the dealer garanteed the 45e would be a real PHEV in CO2 and battery capacity according to the current tax laws just to be sure because definitive WLTP values were not published yet.

I don't think it will be necessary now. I don't see them change the tax laws within one month. So any changes will probably be for 2022? But you never know indeed. They need a lot of money now.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 03:31 PM   #890
lexieke
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5 45e View Post
They didn't register your car, your insurance company did. So I think at the end legally you registered the car. Or did a leasing company registered it?

I don't know it would make a difference for you now if you keep the car. But they are not going to take a car back that is already registered on your name. Even if it only has 0 miles it would be a second hand on paper for them.

Lets just hope you get it back soon.
I would agree with you - only I never received the car. It got cancelled the day before I did the pick-up. So technically I never signed for it - so still not my car. But yes it is a grey zone, nevertheless my dealer already said it's ok to order a new one if I'd prefer.

Last edited by lexieke; 11-25-2020 at 03:36 PM.. Reason: Adding quote for clarity
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 03:32 PM   #891
stevieb27
Private
Belgium
Rep

Quote:

The information I have gotten is that if you have a signed order before Oct 20’ you are covered for any changes in taxes that would be implemented for 21’ registered cars. I am going to request this in writing.
I just emailed my dealer asking what my options are with regard to rejecting the delivery of their current car (it’s not mine yet) and reordering a new one.

At least then I have the confidence that my investment in a premium car is reliable and they can actually give me a solid delivery date!

Let’s be honest...new X5 45e’s are being delivered everyday in belgium, I see so many now on the road...it drives me nuts!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 03:36 PM   #892
stevieb27
Private
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
The information I have gotten is that if you have a signed order before Oct 20’ you are covered for any changes in taxes that would be implemented for 21’ registered cars. I am going to request this in writing.
I just emailed my dealer asking what my options are with regard to rejecting the delivery of their current car (it’s not mine yet) and reordering a new one.

At least then I have the confidence that my investment in a premium car is reliable and they can actually give me a solid delivery date!

Let’s be honest...new X5 45e’s are being delivered everyday in belgium, I see so many now on the road...it drives me nuts!!!
And to add... when they will be covering mobility, I have a feeling the new delivery will be quite fast!!

Last edited by stevieb27; 11-25-2020 at 03:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 03:37 PM   #893
menace33
Private First Class
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Does this say anything special?
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 04:17 PM   #894
lexieke
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by menace33 View Post
Honestly I don’t know. I only wanted to help you out on getting the info - but maybe others know
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 04:18 PM   #895
menace33
Private First Class
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Honestly I don’t know. I only wanted to help you out on getting the info - but maybe others know
Thanks, mate 🙏🏼 Anyone?
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 05:15 PM   #896
jag sahota
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Nothing BMW

Quote:
WBATA620609D81407?
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2020, 12:37 AM   #897
AlexG05be
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by menace33 View Post
it says nothing new... you had 2 recalls, one is cleared out, one remaining (the one most of us have)
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2020, 01:52 AM   #898
martin mustang
Major
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 640d,X5 45e, 911c4s, 635csi

I got my dealer to do the maths for ordering a new one, since we had massive changes in the tax system here for 21, I thought we end up with a cheaper car, with the new system the 45e will moved to a lower tax bracket hence some 3k savings, no changes in the price of the car, but with our trade in car older all be it with less finance to pay off, we ended up with near figure to our existing order, so if we go ahead and order a new one we looking at 30euro per month extra payments, down to Finance rates!
Our Dealer is happy to go ahead and order a new one, but the delivery will be for April, expected with new year period! with previous orders, new year deliveries, the earliest we got our car was end of March! The current fast deliveries you see are down to Q4, many waiting for the new year new Reg! So we agreed to order the new car in the first week of December if no word on our existing order, I did stress what if after ordering new one, our original car one shows up, the dealer is happy to hand in the original one, they can sell the one we order in December with no problems once delivered.
Excellent service from our Dealer, the largest in Ireland, but not a premium experience from BMW, and certainly not even an average one when parting away with 90k plus.

Quote:
And to add... when they will be covering mobility, I have a feeling the new delivery will be quite fast!!
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2020, 03:02 AM   #899
joaopedro1520
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag sahota View Post
WBATA620609D81407?
Code:
{
  "status": "OK",
  "code": 200,
  "data": {
    "vin": "WBATA620609D81407",
    "vinStatus": "Closed",
    "technicalCampaigns": [
      {
        "recallType": "Safety",
        "defectCode": "0061670500",
        "defectCodeDescription": "Cells in the high-voltage battery",
        "reservationDate": "",
        "vinStatus": "Open",
        "reservationDealer": "",
        "ErrorFlag": "",
        "ErrorMessage": ""
      },
      {
        "recallType": "no recall",
        "defectCode": "STOP020700",
        "defectCodeDescription": "High voltage battery",
      },
      {
        "recallType": "Safety",
        "defectCode": "0061580500",
        "defectCodeDescription": "Checking the high-voltage battery (VDC)",
      },
      {
        "recallType": "no recall",
        "defectCode": "STOP013222",
        "defectCodeDescription": "Impurities High-Voltage Battery 34 Ah",
      }
    ]
  }
}
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2020, 06:43 AM   #900
Davdus
Germany
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

I received an email from my dealer stating that they are putting forward priority lists for the test and my car was set up as first. Had the car since early September, but only able to use it as a hybrid for about 5 weeks...
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2020, 07:45 AM   #901
xvm_45e
Enlisted Member
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdus View Post
I received an email from my dealer stating that they are putting forward priority lists for the test and my car was set up as first.
I really hope I'm wrong, but I start to have the feeling that this is just a standard message they are giving. I am also on that priority list, and my was car also set up as first. But as far as I know, it's still on the dealer's parking lot although testing is apparently already happening in Zeebrugge.

Is there actually anyone here who got the message that they are NOT on a priority list? If everyone is on that list then clearly it's not a priority list anymore.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2020, 08:00 AM   #902
UKBMW45E
Rep
Drives: x5 45e - Sometime in 2020..

I'm not on the priority list sadly - I asked my dealer if I can be on it, they said it does not exist.

Thinking about placing an order for a pink unicorn to drive, I reckon it will arrive before the x5.

I have the feeling they are telling us anything to keep us "happy".
Appreciate 0