BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

11-11-2020, 12:22 PM   #683
9uman9y
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin mustang View Post
The way this is going, I mean after two months they still not ready and need another 2 months to test the cars, is simply very scarry, this will add up to 4 month! I be asking them for the same a document in writing for what was done and how it was deemed safe! We are now seriously looking into the option to cancel and re-ordering a new one, but when I tried to build a new one in BMW.ie to see how 2021 pricing applies with all the changes with Hybrid tax system, the M sport for the 45e is simply not available, and only the M and X drive, so wondering if the M sport is dropped from the Irish market! Maybe enquiring about this will also take some 4 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9uman9y View Post
Called the local BMW subsidiary (not my dealer) and got advised that the testing should start in 4-6 weeks. "BMW is working hard to solve the issue"
That was all for now, unfortunately.

I asked if once all test works are BMW could issue a certificate that my car is safe to operate as I would like to have something in the worst case scenario, serving as a legal proof. Hopefully will not needed it ever.
If my X5 were not delivered in Aug, would definitely seek canceling my order and wait for a new one.

Good if you are on leasing terms as terminal value is known in advance, but good luck selling one of these affected cars on the second-hand market. Buyers may know that cars produced before Sep 2020 could be affected and intervened, which may depress the resale value. IMHO
Appreciate 1
volodp193.50
      11-11-2020, 01:02 PM   #684
Tommy11220
Private
Austria
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e (2021)

Quote:
The way this is going, I mean after two months they still not ready and need another 2 months to test the cars, is simply very scarry, this will add up to 4 month! I be asking them for the same a document in writing for what was done and how it was deemed safe! We are now seriously looking into the option to cancel and re-ordering a new one, but when I tried to build a new one in BMW.ie to see how 2021 pricing applies with all the changes with Hybrid tax system, the M sport for the 45e is simply not available, and only the M and X drive, so wondering if the M sport is dropped from the Irish market! Maybe enquiring about this will also take some 4 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9uman9y View Post
Called the local BMW subsidiary (not my dealer) and got advised that the testing should start in 4-6 weeks. "BMW is working hard to solve the issue"
That was all for now, unfortunately.

I asked if once all test works are BMW could issue a certificate that my car is safe to operate as I would like to have something in the worst case scenario, serving as a legal proof. Hopefully will not needed it ever.
For what it's worth, I'm unable to configure an M-Sport X5 45e in Austria too. Has been like this for at least several weeks. However, you can configure / order one at the dealer
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2020, 01:50 PM   #685
martin mustang
Major
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 640d,X5 45e, 911c4s, 635csi

Thanks Tommy, but looking at the Xline option, the price is way up to when we ordered back our M sport back in February! The X line base price is at €88195, the M sport base price we ordered was at €89,000, before delivery costs and options! Normally the M sport comes at an extra 5k on top of the X line, so it looks like the price is way up, add the fact our trading value if we re-order will be reduced since our 2017 40e will have another year and more miles on top, suddenly the option to re-order is just no longer attractive financially! our salesman is to come back with the figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy11220 View Post
For what it's worth, I'm unable to configure an M-Sport X5 45e in Austria too. Has been like this for at least several weeks. However, you can configure / order one at the dealer
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2020, 03:28 PM   #686
Tommy11220
Private
Austria
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e (2021)

Quote:
Thanks Tommy, but looking at the Xline option, the price is way up to when we ordered back our M sport back in February! The X line base price is at €88195, the M sport base price we ordered was at €89,000, before delivery costs and options! Normally the M sport comes at an extra 5k on top of the X line, so it looks like the price is way up, add the fact our trading value if we re-order will be reduced since our 2017 40e will have another year and more miles on top, suddenly the option to re-order is just no longer attractive financially! our salesman is to come back with the figures.

Quote:
That is indeed strange. I cannot confirm that prices went up even a bit since I've reordered my initial spec from February two weeks ago - exact same price iirc. Could it be that BMW in ROI has regrouped some options or packages? Especially given the ominous battery problems it wouldn't make the least sense to increase the price. Hopefully your sales rep can shed some light on this soon.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2020, 03:11 AM   #687
martin mustang
Major
Ireland
Rep

We have a new tax system starting in 2021, we use to have rebates on hybrid cars for up to 7k back on the X5 45e, the new system limits the rebate only to cars priced below 40k.
With changes like this car manufacturers always adapt the prices and often drop models also hence I thought the M sport trim was dropped.
In Ireland car tax is more like in Denmark and Finland, VAT like most countries with another tax on top called VRT, so for our existing February order, we paying €13,500 in VAT and €12,000 for VRT, a total of €25,500 in taxes, this is after the rebate due to expire this year.
So venturing into a new order may cost us more, waiting for our dealer to comeback with the new figures, before making the call!

Quote:
That is indeed strange. I cannot confirm that prices went up even a bit since I've reordered my initial spec from February two weeks ago - exact same price iirc. Could it be that BMW in ROI has regrouped some options or packages? Especially given the ominous battery problems it wouldn't make the least sense to increase the price. Hopefully your sales rep can shed some light on this soon.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2020, 03:54 AM   #688
menace33
Private First Class
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5 45e

Garage List
Update from dealer: The software is ready, tested and ready for distribution. Pilot project has showed good results. We are still unsure when the testing will start.

If you ask me, they are still where they were 6 weeks ago.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2020, 04:25 AM   #689
Rparker
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by menace33 View Post
Update from dealer: The software is ready, tested and ready for distribution. Pilot project has showed good results. We are still unsure when the testing will start.

If you ask me, they are still where they were 6 weeks ago.
I agree with you, not really anything new. I think I had read a similar quote from someone's dealer quite some time back.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2020, 04:27 AM   #690
Rparker
Private
Rep

It would be interesting to have an update from anyone from Belgium on the forum if there was any news as of this week? I guess the country is very much closed down so likely difficult to get hold of their dealers.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2020, 04:46 AM   #691
45e X5
Private
Ireland
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

Quote:
We have a new tax system starting in 2021, we use to have rebates on hybrid cars for up to 7k back on the X5 45e, the new system limits the rebate only to cars priced below 40k.
With changes like this car manufacturers always adapt the prices and often drop models also hence I thought the M sport trim was dropped.
In Ireland car tax is more like in Denmark and Finland, VAT like most countries with another tax on top called VRT, so for our existing February order, we paying €13,500 in VAT and €12,000 for VRT, a total of €25,500 in taxes, this is after the rebate due to expire this year.
So venturing into a new order may cost us more, waiting for our dealer to comeback with the new figures, before making the call!

Quote:
The New VRT Rate will be 7%. The old Rate was 18%.They are also keeping the €5,000 SEAI grant in place for. 2021. So I actually think your new car now should actually be cheaper if you take delivery in Jan. If you register it in Dec it will be the same price you were quoted. Unless of course you order a New car then any price increase would prob be passed on to you but it should level out with the New VRT and Rebate if you can get a New order by Feb or March.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2020, 07:53 AM   #692
martin mustang
Major
Ireland
Rep

This is what I was hopping my dealer will confirm, what is missing is the BMW prices for 2021, I remember when I was moving to a new 5 series back in 2008 with the change from engine size to Co2 levels, BMW as expected issued a new prices.
For us is a question of how low is the new price so it will composite for more likely lower trad in value for our 40e.
Thanks for the document your sent, very handy! Will let you know if our expectations materialise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45e X5 View Post
The New VRT Rate will be 7%. The old Rate was 18%.They are also keeping the €5,000 SEAI grant in place for. 2021. So I actually think your new car now should actually be cheaper if you take delivery in Jan. If you register it in Dec it will be the same price you were quoted. Unless of course you order a New car then any price increase would prob be passed on to you but it should level out with the New VRT and Rebate if you can get a New order by Feb or March.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2020, 10:52 AM   #693
45e X5
Private
Ireland
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

Quote:
This is what I was hopping my dealer will confirm, what is missing is the BMW prices for 2021, I remember when I was moving to a new 5 series back in 2008 with the change from engine size to Co2 levels, BMW as expected issued a new prices.
For us is a question of how low is the new price so it will composite for more likely lower trad in value for our 40e.
Thanks for the document your sent, very handy! Will let you know if our expectations materialise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45e X5 View Post
Ye hopefully it works out that way. They really should honour trade in value as it's completely out of your control and you where meant to have your New car long before now. I think the X5 45e is going up 1% or 2% for New orders but I'm not sure about that either. Best let your dealer come back to you on it.

Hopefully all gets resolved for you soon
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2020, 11:35 AM   #694
stevieb27
Private
Belgium
Rep

Anyone in Belgium considering inscribing their car in 2021?
It’s probably going to be pretty close anyway!

My dealer told me their would be no tax implications, anyone else got news on this?

I heard there is also the new 2- number plates being released at the beginning of the new year.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2020, 11:46 AM   #695
AlexG05be
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieb27 View Post
Anyone in Belgium considering inscribing their car in 2021? .
Considering it ... but will still be paying it on 2020 for fiscal reasons (company car). It all depends on when it will be finally back from Testing Land. If I can get it beginning of December, I won’t wait.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2020, 12:22 PM   #696
stevieb27
Private
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexG05be View Post
Considering it ... but will still be paying it on 2020 for fiscal reasons (company car). It all depends on when it will be finally back from Testing Land. If I can get it beginning of December, I won’t wait.

I’m also buying it under my company.
What’s the fiscal differences from registering in 20 or 21?

I’m just thinking the resale value will possibly be better as it will be considered a year younger in 4 years.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2020, 01:20 PM   #697
AlexG05be
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieb27 View Post
I’m also buying it under my company.
What’s the fiscal differences from registering in 20 or 21?

I’m just thinking the resale value will possibly be better as it will be considered a year younger in 4 years.
I had a good year so only reason is to lower my company taxes
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2020, 01:37 PM   #698
stevieb27
Private
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexg05be View Post
i had a good year so only reason is to lower my company taxes :d
😂👌🏻
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2020, 01:56 PM   #699
biterror
Captain
Finland
Rep
Drives: X5 45e 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexG05be View Post
I had a good year so only reason is to lower my company taxes
I can send you an invoice so you can get rid of the extra money. Just name the amount :-)
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2020, 02:24 PM   #700
AlexG05be
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by biterror View Post
I can send you an invoice so you can get rid of the extra money. Just name the amount :-)
1 Million dollars
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-13-2020, 08:58 AM   #701
Rparker
Private
Rep

All, I take it there are zero progress updates received by anyone today from their dealer on the famous battery test process unfortunately in terms of any positive progress. Great if you can prove me wrong of course.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2020, 09:31 AM   #702
xvm_45e
Enlisted Member
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xvm_45e View Post
I received similar feedback from my dealer today:
- affected cars are being transported back to Zeebrugge as of November 4th.
- For the transport to Zeebrugge, testing proces over there, and transport back to the dealer, they estimate this will take about 10 days.
- the entire operation is done in a number of different waves, the dealers need to provide for their affected customers a priority list. No idea how many cars are processed, or how BMW in general distributes slots to dealers, or how the dealer decide which car goes in which wave. All I know is that my car is in that first wave, and will be picked up as of November 4th. I hope to have the car before the end of November (ordered back in January...), fingers crossed!
More than 2 weeks later and received an update earlier today:
- Car is still at the dealer (so forget what they said about November 4th)
- Car should be picked up for transport to Zeebrugge "sometime next week"
- Car should be back at the dealer and ready for delivery by December 15th.

Lot's of "should", I'm not holding my breath. IF (big if) I get the car on December 15th I will have waited exactly 11 months .
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2020, 12:08 PM   #703
menace33
Private First Class
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5 45e

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by xvm_45e View Post
More than 2 weeks later and received an update earlier today:
- Car is still at the dealer (so forget what they said about November 4th)
- Car should be picked up for transport to Zeebrugge "sometime next week"
- Car should be back at the dealer and ready for delivery by December 15th.

Lot's of "should", I'm not holding my breath. IF (big if) I get the car on December 15th I will have waited exactly 11 months .
So sorry, mate

No news for my X5... 6 weeks now
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2020, 12:42 PM   #704
stevieb27
Private
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rparker View Post
All, I take it there are zero progress updates received by anyone today from their dealer on the famous battery test process unfortunately in terms of any positive progress. Great if you can prove me wrong of course.
Hey all,
I was in contact with my dealer today and he really wasn’t so happy!

He told me they have been promised an update by BMW by early next week.
My response was...promised an update means no movement is planned?
To which I got no response.
I got the impression there is a lot of frustration from the dealer side.
Basically my car is still at the dealer and nothing has changed!

To be honest I’m getting a bit done with the whole situation and starting to lose my enthusiasm for the car!
Appreciate 0