04-25-2024, 12:52 AM   #24
Sevn86
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 sDrive40i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty in NY View Post
Why do you wish they were brighter?
Personally don’t feel like they are bright enough to see. Maybe I need to check my settings to see if it’s even possible to really get a nice glowing effect.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2024, 06:00 AM   #25
LuckyBrand
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15, G05 X5, G80 M3 6sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevn86 View Post
Personally don’t feel like they are bright enough to see. Maybe I need to check my settings to see if it’s even possible to really get a nice glowing effect.
I think some of it is the color choice as well. Some of the colors I agree, wish they had more pop. Couple of the blues are pretty Brite I thought though.

In the end it's a really cool option but it's best enjoyed by rear passengers, like say kids or a couple of drunk people lol. While driving it's hard to enjoy as much. 😫
      04-25-2024, 07:30 AM   #26
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevn86 View Post
As I recall, you can turn up the brightness but not just for those lights, the brightness control is for all the ambient lighting.

I got a kick out of LuckyBrand's post about the drunk back seat riders. His/her point is on target though, drivers, the people who are probably the ones who spec'd out the feature set and bought the car, can't see the lighting because they're driving. I periodically open my roof liner just to see if the lights are still working, I guess when the warranty is over, I'll stop doing that
Appreciate 2
LuckyBrand1360.50
Sevn86203.50
      04-25-2024, 10:19 AM   #27
LuckyBrand
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15, G05 X5, G80 M3 6sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty in NY View Post
As I recall, you can turn up the brightness but not just for those lights, the brightness control is for all the ambient lighting.

I got a kick out of LuckyBrand's post about the drunk back seat riders. His/her point is on target though, drivers, the people who are probably the ones who spec'd out the feature set and bought the car, can't see the lighting because they're driving. I periodically open my roof liner just to see if the lights are still working, I guess when the warranty is over, I'll stop doing that
Glad u liked the back seat riders fun lol.

A decent part of the reason we specd the executive package was for the sky lounge. Yeah a bit of money for a disco room feel but we figured what the hell. Now time will tell if it's worth it cause we've only had it for 2 weeks and if we'd spec it again or not. But u do get a couple other features with executive so you only live once right lol?
      04-26-2024, 04:54 PM   #28
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyBrand View Post
Glad u liked the back seat riders fun lol.

A decent part of the reason we specd the executive package was for the sky lounge. Yeah a bit of money for a disco room feel but we figured what the hell. Now time will tell if it's worth it cause we've only had it for 2 weeks and if we'd spec it again or not. But u do get a couple other features with executive so you only live once right lol?
Right, if you're choosing a pkg and Sky Lounge is simply included in the pkg, then it falls into the category as all the other features that are included in the pkg that were not the causal factor for ordering that pkg. You may like some and not others, it just is what it is. This is how I happened to get the Sky Lounge too. I hardly ever open the sunroof or slide the inner shade back. I mostly forget the Sky Lounge is even there
Appreciate 2
LuckyBrand1360.50
BMPHIL638.00