BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

11-18-2021, 04:50 PM   #1
ajfriedm87
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Alpine White M4, CP, Manual

Dealer proficient in BMW Military Overseas Program

Hello all, I was looking to take advantage of the BMW military sales program. I am currently in south Korea and attempted to order an X5 45e from a dealer here, however as the PHEV is not sold in Korea the dealer was unable (unwilling) to order one through the program.

I have reached out to a few US dealers I have dealt with before to find out if they can participate or order through the program. I have a guy here who ordered his through a dealer in MO but they haven't gotten back to me.

I wanted to see if anyone on here knows or works with a dealer who is proficient or willing to order a X5 45e via the BMW military sales program.

Any information would be helpful, thank you all.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 08:26 PM   #2
Mckelvie37
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajfriedm87 View Post
Hello all, I was looking to take advantage of the BMW military sales program. I am currently in south Korea and attempted to order an X5 45e from a dealer here, however as the PHEV is not sold in Korea the dealer was unable (unwilling) to order one through the program.

I have reached out to a few US dealers I have dealt with before to find out if they can participate or order through the program. I have a guy here who ordered his through a dealer in MO but they haven't gotten back to me.

I wanted to see if anyone on here knows or works with a dealer who is proficient or willing to order a X5 45e via the BMW military sales program.

Any information would be helpful, thank you all.
I ordered through the military program. Pretty easy. Just needed to get a code that they applied toward the sale. My dealer had me get it on true auto. Didn't use them for anything other than the code though.

That being said I think the allocation is for the 45e is the harder problem. My dealer (Hendrick) didn't have one until next year.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 08:56 PM   #3
Forgiven
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 22, X5 45e

Are you talking about the military program that gets you the tax exemption on purchase?
      11-18-2021, 11:03 PM   #4
ajfriedm87
Private First Class
Rep

The tax exempt overseas program is the correct one, the current deal on other X5s with delivery in korea is 10% off msrp, no sales tax. however the koreans wont order a x5 45e, so i’m trying to find a US dealer who can order through the program. I understand I may end up paying state sales tax, but with 10% off msrp and 7500$ off taxes at the end of the year is way more than enough.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2021, 03:52 AM   #5
Wes335XI
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335XI Space Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajfriedm87 View Post
The tax exempt overseas program is the correct one, the current deal on other X5s with delivery in korea is 10% off msrp, no sales tax. however the koreans wont order a x5 45e, so i'm trying to find a US dealer who can order through the program. I understand I may end up paying state sales tax, but with 10% off msrp and 7500$ off taxes at the end of the year is way more than enough.
That would be Bavarian Motor Cars located in Germany. You won't find a dealer stateside that is able to participate in the overseas program. You're basically working directly with BMW out of Munich. They are awesome to work with. The customer service is and has been phenomenal.

This is my second time ordering a BMW through the program, I have a 2022 X5 XDrive 40I MSport on order. The discount on top of the current incentives for military equates to anywhere from $10,500 to $13,500 off of the MSRP. It was too good of a deal to pass up!

http://www.bavarianmotorcars.com/

DM me for my contact and he would be happy to get you going on your dream car!
2022 X5 MSport Alpine White/Tartufo Merino - Inbound
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2021, 07:21 PM   #6
ajfriedm87
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes335XI View Post
That would be Bavarian Motor Cars located in Germany. You won't find a dealer stateside that is able to participate in the overseas program. You're basically working directly with BMW out of Munich. They are awesome to work with. The customer service is and has been phenomenal.

This is my second time ordering a BMW through the program, I have a 2022 X5 XDrive 40I MSport on order. The discount on top of the current incentives for military equates to anywhere from $10,500 to $13,500 off of the MSRP. It was too good of a deal to pass up!

http://www.bavarianmotorcars.com/

DM me for my contact and he would be happy to get you going on your dream car!
Thank you! I have DM'd you!
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2024, 06:42 AM   #7
M4enthusiast
Rep
Drives: 22' M4 Comp Conv; 21' X5 M Sp

Do Your Due Diligence

As a 6x BMW vehicle owner, I now must question my long-time (22 years) loyalty and committed to the brand. As you think about purchasing a BMW via military sales and having service performed at a local / servicing BMW dealership. I would consider all options - other auto maker's military sales programs before committing to BMW as they do not honor the routine cyclic maintenance / service (you paid for when purchasing the vehicle via military sales) i.e., oil service on U.S. specification vehicles overseas. All cycle maintenance must be paid out of pocket vice under warranty in the U.S. Further, BMW Corporate, Military Sales Program or Dealership is reluctant in taking responsibility for faulty workmanship.

Case/Point: M4 Competition purchased via military sales program; within months of receiving vehicle, leather on door handles began to peel; stitching on seats were problematic; constant squeaking brakes (when applying) and rattling in the dash. Clearly a lack of quality control and craftsmanship/workmanship problem from the factory!

As a concerned consumer / owner of two BMWs (2021 X5 M Sport and a 2022 M4 Competition Cabrio), do your due diligence; weigh the pros and cons before making your next purchase via military sales overseas and having the vehicle remain in the overseas environment long-term until your Permeant Change of Station back to the U.S. Cost of cyclic maintenance i.e. oil changes, filter changes etc. will eat into the cost savings at time of purchase.

Concerned owner.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2024, 08:17 AM   #8
MADBMWX5MC
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X5MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4enthusiast View Post
As a 6x BMW vehicle owner, I now must question my long-time (22 years) loyalty and committed to the brand. As you think about purchasing a BMW via military sales and having service performed at a local / servicing BMW dealership. I would consider all options - other auto maker's military sales programs before committing to BMW as they do not honor the routine cyclic maintenance / service (you paid for when purchasing the vehicle via military sales) i.e., oil service on U.S. specification vehicles overseas. All cycle maintenance must be paid out of pocket vice under warranty in the U.S. Further, BMW Corporate, Military Sales Program or Dealership is reluctant in taking responsibility for faulty workmanship.

Case/Point: M4 Competition purchased via military sales program; within months of receiving vehicle, leather on door handles began to peel; stitching on seats were problematic; constant squeaking brakes (when applying) and rattling in the dash. Clearly a lack of quality control and craftsmanship/workmanship problem from the factory!

As a concerned consumer / owner of two BMWs (2021 X5 M Sport and a 2022 M4 Competition Cabrio), do your due diligence; weigh the pros and cons before making your next purchase via military sales overseas and having the vehicle remain in the overseas environment long-term until your Permeant Change of Station back to the U.S. Cost of cyclic maintenance i.e. oil changes, filter changes etc. will eat into the cost savings at time of purchase.

Concerned owner.
This happened while stationed in Germany?
Appreciate 0