BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-26-2021, 05:50 PM   #1
stockli81
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 M50i

iDrive Center Console Buttons Not Working

So... Dropped off this morning to get detailed... Came to pick it up in the evening, everything looked good except, the Blower for the heat/ac units in the back would not shut off / were going on by itself. Turned the climate control system completely off... rear blowers still on... Reset iDrive, rear blowers still on (even though completely off in back) working independently of any controls... Drove to BMW, service was closed but Genius guy somehow sorted it out... started to leave and noticed that none of the buttons to the left of the gear shift work... Traction, Parking, Auto start/stop, none of the drive modes, nor the hill decent... All others work to the right of the shifter... Made an apt for Tuesday to drop off and get a loaner... Obviously whatever the detailer did (spill water/cleaning fluid on center console) have no idea? caused this... Anyone else experience this? Can the haptic buttons on the left be popped off without removing entire center?
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2021, 07:23 AM   #2
Frenetic
PANIC!
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

I would mention it to the detailer. Hopefully the detailer is bonded and/or insured and honest enough to say what exactly they did to the interior. If you can prove they caused it, well they should make it right.

Likewise, I don’t know how BMW will treat this, especially if you’re honest with them or even speculate what might have happened. If they discover liquid damage caused by a spill, I don’t know if that is covered under our warranty? Anyone know? If BMW rejects the warranty work, maybe your car insurance will cover it?
Appreciate 0