2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
Rep
Drives: People crazy

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Question about Zenith Rainbow Flyback

As a follow up to a post from ex-mini, how old is that watch? I always think of the colored ring when I think of rainbow. This is exact watch is for sale at s pre-owned shop and I have been trying to resist. What deal those watches are? Curious about reliability, service, etc.

Unfortunately, I cannot properly tag ex-mini.
      05-08-2016, 06:26 AM   #2
Ex-MINI
BMW Newb
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 LBB M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
As a follow up to a post from ex-mini, how old is that watch? I always think of the colored ring when I think of rainbow. This is exact watch is for sale at s pre-owned shop and I have been trying to resist. What deal those watches are? Curious about reliability, service, etc.

Unfortunately, I cannot properly tag ex-mini.
It's not super old in the horology sense. Not sure when Zenith stopped manufacturing that model, but I picked it up as "new old stock" probably about 10 or 11 years ago?

There are two dial types, my classic black one as well as the multi coloured variant that you're referring to. I think they both look great, and probably would have bought the coloured one if I'd had the chance back then.

It's a fantastic watch and movement. I think one of the first external movements that Rolex used in their Daytona?

It's been rock solid in the time that I've owned it, though I wouldn't be able to tell you the exact +/- per second accuracy. I've never serviced it, and it's only recently that the chrono function had started to be finicky, so looks like I'll have to take it in soon.

I think I paid around $2200. What's the price on the pre owned one you've seen?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2016, 06:32 AM   #3
jtodd_fl
2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
Rep
Drives: People crazy

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-MINI
It's not super old in the horology sense. Not sure when Zenith stopped manufacturing that model, but I picked it up as "new old stock" probably about 10 or 11 years ago?

There are two dial types, my classic black one as well as the multi coloured variant that you're referring to. I think they both look great, and probably would have bought the coloured one if I'd had the chance back then.

It's a fantastic watch and movement. I think one of the first external movements that Rolex used in their Daytona?

It's been rock solid in the time that I've owned it, though I wouldn't be able to tell you the exact +/- per second accuracy. I've never serviced it, and it's only recently that the chrono function had started to be finicky, so looks like I'll have to take it in soon.

I think I paid around $2200. What's the price on the pre owned one you've seen?
$3,500. Nice return.
Thanks. I think I actually prefer the classic all black look. Thanks for the info, really appreciate it.
      05-08-2016, 06:51 AM   #4
Ex-MINI
BMW Newb
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 LBB M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
$3,500. Nice return.
Thanks. I think I actually prefer the classic all black look. Thanks for the info, really appreciate it.
No worries. Good luck with your decision!

Appreciate 0