BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-16-2019, 10:46 AM   #1
Wing Co
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M135i & 911 GTS

Connected Music - Napster & Deezer

I have the new 8 Series, but it's the same for the X5 and more of you have the Connected Music here to probably answer my question. I can see it and it says sign in, I've tried with my Connected Drive account and even created a Deezer account and did it with that, but it says no go. BMW support are no help and just say system is down or read manual. How does it work?
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2019, 12:24 PM   #2
mnewnam
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 Mineral White X5MC

I didn't think any of this worked with iDrive 7 right now. I was told by BMW and my dealer that it was pulled from 7 due to software issues with no estimate on a return date. For instance, Spotify for BMW site only lists iDrive 5 and 6 as compatible.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2019, 01:11 PM   #3
Wing Co
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M135i & 911 GTS

Ok, many thanks. UK BMW have no idea and just say system down with update due, try later....etc and my car has the Connected Music Napster/Deezer account and log-in details, but neither BMW Connected Account name/password or Connected Drive e-mail/password don't work.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2019, 02:52 PM   #4
archivedaccount
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Did u resolve this? I think connected music requires a premium Deezer account to work. I have it working with a trial Deezer account. My free Deezer account (same as connected drive email), never worked.

So it looks like connected music just allows you to integrate an already paid subscription with the car.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2019, 09:19 AM   #5
idgam
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: the wife mad!!!!!

None of this works on my car.

I cannot even find where to add my details. and i still have no apple carplay
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2019, 12:22 PM   #6
archivedaccount
Rep
n/a
Drives:

It's under Media-Connected Music. If its not active then you will only have radio and your local music library listed.

This is indicative that you have not correctly setup ConnectedDrive on your car. I think you need to go to Apps-Store-right-click at some point in the menu (im not at the car) Update BMW Services or something similar to that. Then all the BMW apps will appear if you are logged into your connected drive profile correctly
Appreciate 0