BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-20-2016, 03:36 PM   #89
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by kprocivic View Post
defense. you don't play defense on jump shooters, you pray they miss.
is that so? Then Curry's performance was..... luck? Voodoo? Bewhaha? Pysched out?

Oh, I know: Injury! Curry was injured, that's the convenient excuse.
      06-20-2016, 03:46 PM   #90
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: ecoboost s to the t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
is that so? Then Curry's performance was..... luck? Voodoo? Bewhaha? Pysched out?

he missed shots he normally makes? what more do you want. it's not brain surgery.
      06-20-2016, 03:57 PM   #91
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

Quote:

probably a combo of all of the above.

There was no doubt he was off his game. Any casual fan of the NBA could see that
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2016, 04:42 PM   #92
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
he missed shots he normally makes? what more do you want. it's not brain surgery.
Defense.
      06-20-2016, 06:03 PM   #93
pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 GR Zupra

Quote:
Originally Posted by csu87 View Post
probably a combo of all of the above.

There was no doubt he was off his game. Any casual fan of the NBA could see that
Or maybe a long time fan can infer that he packed his bags and traveled to ChokeCity
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2016, 06:22 PM   #94
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikkagtr View Post
Or maybe a long time fan can infer that he packed his bags and traveled to ChokeCity
maybe he was preoccupied with personal stuff like opening up his wife's new restaurant?
      06-20-2016, 06:26 PM   #95
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Defense.
Are you an attorney? You know David Blatt got fired right.
      06-20-2016, 08:17 PM   #96
pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
United_States
Rep

Quote:
maybe he was preoccupied with personal stuff like opening up his wife's new restaurant?
Got anymore excuses??
His neighbor had a lovely dog that died after game 6
His favorite cereal got discontinued
His car broken down on the way to game 7
At the end of the day , he choked , like he choked in last year's finals
Not even the best player on his team had the warriors won it all this yr, as sadly donkey green would have taken finals mvp honors
Like I've ALWAYS said, curry is a 1 trick pony , shoots shoots shoots and pretty much nothing else.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2016, 08:22 PM   #97
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Got anymore excuses??
His neighbor had a lovely dog that died after game 6
His favorite cereal got discontinued
His car broken down on the way to game 7
At the end of the day , he choked , like he choked in last year's finals
Not even the best player on his team had the warriors won it all this yr, as sadly donkey green would have taken finals mvp honors
Like I've ALWAYS said, curry is a 1 trick pony , shoots shoots shoots and pretty much nothing else.
meanwhile the spurs begin the transition to collect social security.
      06-20-2016, 08:52 PM   #98
pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
United_States
Rep

Quote:
meanwhile the spurs begin the transition to collect social security.
We been collecting man!!! 😂😂😂
Manu needs to retire like last year and TD is a robot so we just need to upgrade him to 58.3
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2016, 10:50 PM   #99
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

I'm concerned Curry's right knee might actually be bad - he couldn't burn Love on that last play, which should be a cince for a guard. This makes him ineffectualy as he can't drive nor make his shot, much less shoot properly.
But he's busted his ankles before, hope he's not done career wise as he's one of a kind.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2016, 10:59 PM   #100
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

James is the best of his generation without a doubt, and is a far better all around talent than Curry. In fact, it's not even close. I'd take one James over two Currys on my team any day.

The worst thing anyone can say about James is that he's not Jordan. Even that's a ridiculous statement because nobody else is either. Just because he's not as good as the best ever should take nothing away from the man.

Anyone who hates on James at this point has their vision clouded by other concerns not related to his talents and accomplishments as a basketball player. The all around stats he put up in this series are mind blowing, and he did it with the pressure of the world on his shoulders.

He's absolutely incredible.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2016, 11:05 PM   #101
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Although Curry 'lost' this time, you have to give him credit for bringing out this level in James. Before he was always shirking, indecisive, self-confused player.
He needed someone like Curry with self-belief to make him worship/hate on.
There are many examples of physical talents that never amounted to even a journeyman, because of what they lacked mentally.
It sucks that curry is weak physically, his injuries, that might limit us from seeing what the greatest ever shooter in history can do.
And if curry is gone James is just going to gain 40 pounds and call it a day playing so-so ball against OKC every year in the finals.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2016, 11:48 PM   #102
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Got anymore excuses??
And every time you say it sounds as lame as the last time you said it. You don't seem to acknowledge the fact that Curry was number one in the NBA in steals this year. That's number 1 out of all the players on all the teams in the NBA. Last I checked steals are a defensive move. Is he the best defensive guard in the NBA? No, not even close, but he is absolutely makes an impact on defense. I don't think those that voted unanimously for Curry as MVP forgot that part. I get that you don't like him and you think he is overrated, but your ongoing one trick pony story is just plain not true. You are a smart guy. How can you not understand that point?
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2016, 01:08 AM   #103
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Making a impact on defense is the ability to do 2 giant strides from 3 point line, run 20 mph and elevate 14 feet up to meet a moving ball the size of your head at the highest trajectory point.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...lp-win-game-7/
      06-21-2016, 10:05 AM   #104
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Making a impact on defense is the ability to do 2 giant strides from 3 point line, run 20 mph and elevate 14 feet up to meet a moving ball the size of your head at the highest trajectory point.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...lp-win-game-7/
What, a whole post without the word bandwagon? You are slipping

Lebron James is one of the greatest player to have played the game. The block you mentioned was one of the greatest defensive moves ever. It has nothing to do at all with my comment about Curry and the fact that he had more steals than any other player on any team in the NBA this season. All I'm saying is the one trick pony tag is not accurate. Comparing Curry to James has nothing to do with it. They are completely different players in position, size, and skills. This concept that if one person is good therefore the other person is not good is stupid. Using that logic, James is $hit because Jordan was better. Why can't they both be good? We are talking one in a billion skills here.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2016, 10:40 AM   #105
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

the one major problem curry will have is his durability. we'll see how long he can sustain his level of play. (which wasn't up to par in game 7 as we saw)

The King has been durable, given the how long he's been in the league, the amount of minutes played, his size, strength etc. Dude is on another level physically.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2016, 05:26 PM   #106
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
What, a whole post without the word bandwagon? You are slipping

Lebron James is one of the greatest player to have played the game. The block you mentioned was one of the greatest defensive moves ever. It has nothing to do at all with my comment about Curry and the fact that he had more steals than any other player on any team in the NBA this season. All I'm saying is the one trick pony tag is not accurate. Comparing Curry to James has nothing to do with it. They are completely different players in position, size, and skills. This concept that if one person is good therefore the other person is not good is stupid. Using that logic, James is $hit because Jordan was better. Why can't they both be good? We are talking one in a billion skills here.
sure it's relative, but I think we all know who the real MVP is.
      06-22-2016, 09:03 PM   #107
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
sure it's relative, but I think we all know who the real MVP is.

And once again you don't address my point. At least you are consistent.

I'm challenging your comment that Curry is a one trick pony and this is all you've got? You are surely better than that. Please enlighten us all on how Curry can be a one trick pony and only shoot shoot shoot and also have the most steals (by the way that's a defensive stat) of any player on any team in the NBA this season.

And the real MVP is James for the finals and Curry for the regular season. Your choice might be different but that is indisputable (except by you) fact.

That is all.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2016, 10:44 PM   #108
ny325
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E90

Rumor is, Curry might need knee surgery. I'm not a LJ fan, however, he and the Cavs wanted it more. I just wish LJ played in the Western Conference. Just curious how many final appearances he would be in. Playing in a weak Eastern Conference for a entire career, where on average, 4-5 teams are slightly.500. And the rest below .500 doesn't say much. However, that's not LJ fault, I get it.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2016, 11:32 AM   #109
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
And once again you don't address my point. At least you are consistent.

I'm challenging your comment that Curry is a one trick pony and this is all you've got? You are surely better than that. Please enlighten us all on how Curry can be a one trick pony and only shoot shoot shoot and also have the most steals (by the way that's a defensive stat) of any player on any team in the NBA this season.

And the real MVP is James for the finals and Curry for the regular season. Your choice might be different but that is indisputable (except by you) fact.

That is all.
He is a one trick pony. His trick is, he doesn't show up when his team needs him. Where was his all finals?!
http://hoopshype.com/2016/06/20/from...ats-plummeted/

B/c years from now, no one would talk about the 73 win season. Everyone will be talking about how LeBron OWNED the finals.

Just like no one talks about the Patriot's 16-0 regular season, but everyone talks about David Tyree's catch. Funny how result actually matter, not stats.
      06-23-2016, 11:53 AM   #110
pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
United_States
Rep

Quote:
He is a one trick pony. His trick is, he doesn't show up when his team needs him. Where was his all finals?!
http://hoopshype.com/2016/06/20/from...ats-plummeted/

B/c years from now, no one would talk about the 73 win season. Everyone will be talking about how LeBron OWNED the finals.

Just like no one talks about the Patriot's 16-0 regular season, but everyone talks about David Tyree's catch. Funny how result actually matter, not stats.
Appreciate 0