Glass control
Piano blk trim
Massage seats
Air suspension
Tow hitch
22" 742M

Is it going to be on time.
Which dealer are you picking it up at.

Mine was said to be ready around Dec 06 but it's early and I'm picking it up tomorrow, which is today!
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2018, 08:28 AM   #46
ARQVE36
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW E91

Mine is a little earlier, already picked up on last Sat.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2018, 05:08 PM   #47
guanjiankun
Holyjustinguan
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 40i

Anyone in Canada can tell me If you can lower the car if you choose the 2-axle air suspension with M-Sport Package? Is if only for the X-off road package?

I heard some people say that you can adjust the ride height by selecting Sport Mode, instead of using a selector gauge on the side of the shifter (off road package exclusive?)
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2018, 05:33 PM   #48
bizfiend
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Renting Corolla lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by guanjiankun View Post
Anyone in Canada can tell me If you can lower the car if you choose the 2-axle air suspension with M-Sport Package? Is if only for the X-off road package?

I heard some people say that you can adjust the ride height by selecting Sport Mode, instead of using a selector gauge on the side of the shifter (off road package exclusive?)
You can order air suspension without off road package.
Height doesn't change when driving mode changes to sport or sport+.

At stock height the lever to adjust height is in the middle.
There are two higher levels and two lower levels.

At normal city speeds while driving you can change from middle to one click lower level and back.

At high speeds like on freeways, only middle level can be used which is stock height.
It will not allow you to change to any other height.

The highest height is for moving slowly over large obstacles.

The lowest level is for getting in and out of the car easier and accessing the trunk easier.

If you start driving when the car is at a height not meant for driving, it will a automatically switch to the middle level.

Here are pics of the different heights.

This cup cooler almost turned the drink into ice.

These are the winters I got 20" GTSWHEELS G508

Oh ya, I'm joking about the cup cooler.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2018, 06:02 PM   #49
guanjiankun
Holyjustinguan
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizfiend View Post
You can order air suspension without off road package.
Height doesn't change when driving mode changes to sport or sport+.

At stock height the lever to adjust height is in the middle.
There are two higher levels and two lower levels.

At normal city speeds while driving you can change from middle to one click lower level and back.

At high speeds like on freeways, only middle level can be used which is stock height.
It will not allow you to change to any other height.

The highest height is for moving slowly over large obstacles.

The lowest level is for getting in and out of the car easier and accessing the trunk easier.

If you start driving when the car is at a height not meant for driving, it will a automatically switch to the middle level.

Here are pics of the different heights.

This cup cooler almost turned the drink into ice.

These are the winters I got 20" GTSWHEELS G508

Oh ya, I'm joking about the cup cooler.
I ordered mine with 2 axle air suspension, but without the x-off road package, Do I still get that lever to adjust ride height?

My Dealership said that it only comes with the off road package.

I hope that's not true.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2018, 06:09 PM   #50
bizfiend
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I ordered mine with 2 axle air suspension, but without the x-off road package, Do I still get that lever to adjust ride height?

My Dealership said that it only comes with the off road package.

I hope that's not true.
Not all salesmen know what they're talking about.
And this car is so new they probably don't even have one with off road package to test themselves.

Air suspension comes with the lever to change height.

Off road package might come with a different button or lever.

I think it might have something to do with if the wheels can spin independently or you can lock the axel so they spin together.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2018, 04:32 PM   #51
guanjiankun
Holyjustinguan
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizfiend View Post
Not all salesmen know what they're talking about.
And this car is so new they probably don't even have one with off road package to test themselves.

Air suspension comes with the lever to change height.

Off road package might come with a different button or lever.

I think it might have something to do with if the wheels can spin independently or you can lock the axel so they spin together.
Did you get your car yet? Can you confirm the Ride Height adjustment lever thing?
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2018, 04:42 PM   #52
bizfiend
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Did you get your car yet? Can you confirm the Ride Height adjustment lever thing?
The car starts in middle height which is stock height.
Height can be adjusted two levels higher and two levels lower with the lever from middle height.

Only middle and one level lower can be driven at normal and high speeds.
At normal speeds not exceeding a certain undetermined speed, you can switch between middle and one click lower while the car is driving.
If you go above a certain speed you cannot adjust the height until you slow down to a certain speed.

At a stop you can use all heights and then move slowly.
If you drive too fast the height will automatically change to middle height if it's in a height that is not useable for driving at normal speeds.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2019, 06:26 PM   #53
Forrera
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: E39M

Hello and Happy New Year, I'm getting my G05 tomorrow, it is 45 mth lease and I need your help to decide on 2 items (if I should add or not?)

1- lease end protection $1600
2- rims and tires protection $1700

My config is excellence pkg with m sport and 22" m742. I'm greeting after market winter tires. I had 36mth X5 lease before and was able to return it without any additional charges, so I believe I will be able to do the same with the G05 unless bmw changes their lease return policy somehow!
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2019, 09:50 PM   #54
X54TH
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrera View Post
Hello and Happy New Year, I'm getting my G05 tomorrow, it is 45 mth lease and I need your help to decide on 2 items (if I should add or not?)

My config is excellence pkg with m sport and 22" m742. I'm greeting after market winter tires. I had 36mth X5 lease before and was able to return it without any additional charges, so I believe I will be able to do the same with the G05 unless bmw changes their lease return policy somehow!
We are not planning to do either on our G05. We have a 2016 and will be returning it with no issues and will get back the security deposit. We just got a new M2 and didn't bother.
2021 330i XDrive Alpine White M-Sport
Appreciate 1
Forrera24.50
      01-01-2019, 10:26 PM   #55
aspiring335
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 G05 40i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:

I did get the lease end protection but not the tire and rim protection. To be honest, both are probably a ripoff, since warranty products like these are usually just about the highest margin products the dealer sells. I got lease end because of a really crappy experience fighting with BMW about what I felt were some unfair charges at the end of the previous lease. Just can't be bothered to do that again.

The dealer's sales pitch on the tire and rim protection is that one broken rim and destroyed tire will basically pay for the warranty, but that just tells you how few claims must actually be made. They only sell it because it makes them money.
Forrera24.50
      01-02-2019, 07:26 AM   #56
bubbahead
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 G05 40i Msport

From my past experience having leases, I've noticed once you hit the 36-39 month mark driving around 20km a year, is when you'll be replacing tires. (Assuming using winters 3-4 months out of the year) I returned my F15 this past summer with really, really bald tires. If I didn't have the excess wear-tear protection, I would of had to spend probably $800-1000 on used tires. Since I had it, I just returned it as-is. So from that perspective I'm still out a few hundred.

If you plan on buying another car when you return it, I don't think they will give you much of a hassle anyhow.
It's a toss-up. But I also hate the fact BMW is holding $1600 of my money for 3-4 years as security deposit.
If you don't plan on keeping your lease the full term, I would get it as anyone looking to assume a lease always asks if you have that protection.

For rim and tire, damaging the tire first year, you are covered by the manufacturers road-hazard warranty. For the rim, which I have never damaged, would be a different story.

I'm still contemplating myself if I should get it or not.
2011 550ix msport
2009 e92 335i msport
Appreciate 1
Forrera24.50
      01-02-2019, 02:29 PM   #57
bichoo
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40i M-Sport

Quote:

I plan on keeping my X5 for the full 45 month lease and I did opt ot get both both protection packages. If you get the lease end protection, the security deposit is not required, so its only costing you a few hundred bucks to get it. Of course, you won't be getting back the security deposit.
I only opted to get the rim and tire protection because it was offered to me for half the price. The tires and 22" are expensive and they can be easily replaced if you puncture them or damage the rim. However, I would not have paid retail $1700.
Appreciate 1
Forrera24.50
      01-02-2019, 04:52 PM   #58
Forrera
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: E39M

Quote:
Originally Posted by bichoo View Post
Quote:

I plan on keeping my X5 for the full 45 month lease and I did opt ot get both both protection packages. If you get the lease end protection, the security deposit is not required, so its only costing you a few hundred bucks to get it. Of course, you won't be getting back the security deposit.
I only opted to get the rim and tire protection because it was offered to me for half the price. The tires and 22" are expensive and they can be easily replaced if you puncture them or damage the rim. However, I would not have paid retail $1700.
Thank you so much for the info, did you get the safe-guard ultimate premier or BMW tire & rim protection? They are offering safe-guard for $1800 and bmw one for $1600. How much did you pay for both the lease end and tire&rims options? I was able to move my delivery to Friday as they will put tint on, so I have more time to think it through
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-07-2019, 06:47 PM   #59
X54TH
Canada
Rep

Garage List
I just noticed that there is a Canadian $1,500 loyalty incentive from January 1 - January 31st. I think I'll have them place the order on Jan 31st. I wanted to push this out so we take delivery in the nicer weather (end of April). I guess end of March is ok.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2019, 12:10 AM   #60
bichoo
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Thank you so much for the info, did you get the safe-guard ultimate premier or BMW tire & rim protection? They are offering safe-guard for $1800 and bmw one for $1600. How much did you pay for both the lease end and tire&rims options? I was able to move my delivery to Friday as they will put tint on, so I have more time to think it through
I was not offered the safe-guard, in fact, I've never heard of it. I just googled the company and it seems like a third-party insurance product that the dealership is pushing; I'm sure there is some incentive to them from Safeguard. There also seem to be a lot of negative reviews.

I would take the information about the Safeguard product with a grain of salt. Similar to how extended warranties from a car manufacturers is usually always better than third party, I would use the same analogy for protection packages. The Tire and Rim Package from BMW has clear defined wording of coverage. Walk into any BMW dealership and make the claim, no need to mess with a third party company, easy. I know a couple of folks who has no trouble getting new tires and rims from damages they incurred. Same for lease end coverage.

The lease end coverage was $1599 (Excess Wear & Use protection), which waived the $1300 security deposit I would have had to pay. This protection also covers the tire and rims upon lease return. That is, you can return the vehicle with bald tires and curb rashes on the rims, which is bound to happen. I believe there is information on the BMW Canada website somewhere on what constitutes an acceptable damages and what does not.

The Tire and Rim protection for 45 months was $900; you can try to negotiate this. I've attached a printout of what my dealer provided me about this protection.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Forrera24.50
      01-08-2019, 12:15 AM   #61
bichoo
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by X54TH View Post
I just noticed that there is a Canadian $1,500 loyalty incentive from January 1 - January 31st. I think I'll have them place the order on Jan 31st. I wanted to push this out so we take delivery in the nicer weather (end of April). I guess end of March is ok.
Loyalty meaning for existing BMW customers right?
I know that I am getting a 0.75% reduction in rate for being an existing customer. Is the $1,500 in addition to the rate reduction or can you choose? Do you know?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2019, 05:42 AM   #62
X54TH
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bichoo View Post
Quote:
Loyalty meaning for existing BMW customers right?
I know that I am getting a 0.75% reduction in rate for being an existing customer. Is the $1,500 in addition to the rate reduction or can you choose? Do you know?
Based on what I saw on the site it's in addition. I sent an email last night. I have to go to the dealership this Thursday so I'll confirm.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2019, 06:35 AM   #63
Abegweit
Private
Rep
Drives: 17' 340 6mt/19' X5 40i

Quote:
Based on what I saw on the site it's in addition. I sent an email last night. I have to go to the dealership this Thursday so I'll confirm.
Look forward to hearing the result. I'm doing the same thing you are, looking to order in about a month to take delivery post-winter. If there are January incentives I'll probably take advantage.

Are you dealing with Budds?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2019, 07:20 AM   #64
X54TH
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abegweit View Post
Quote:
Look forward to hearing the result. I'm doing the same thing you are, looking to order in about a month to take delivery post-winter. If there are January incentives I'll probably take advantage.

Are you dealing with Budds?
No, Parkview. Our M235 was the only vehicle we ever got from Budds and we just traded that in at Parkview for an M2. We know the Parkview folks very well. Let me know if I can be of assistance.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2019, 07:39 AM   #65
X54TH
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Got a reply, it's either $1500 or the .75%. I guess we'll wait.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2019, 10:49 AM   #66
bichoo
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Got a reply, it's either $1500 or the .75%. I guess we'll wait.
Ok, that makes more sense as I didn't see anything on the website. Thanks for letting us know.
Appreciate 0