BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-18-2009, 05:05 AM   #23
Peg_legs
Rep
Drives: 03 BMW Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdflkijd View Post
What do you hate about it? I love mine...
and for the OP, my friend has the G1 and its alright, basically what everyone else said about the battery life, etc.. also I thought that it felt kind of 'cheap' the plastics kind of disapointed me.
I hate typing on it. No more answering emails at the stop light. I have yet to make it through 1 sentence without typos. Battery life sucks. I accidentally hang up on 90% of the phone calls. I'm a qwerty kind of guy I guess. I have no problems typing on iphones.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2009, 05:24 AM   #24
mJ335
Amateur Post Whore
Rep
Drives: 07 E90 SparkLiN G. 335i

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet335i View Post
I'm pretty sure he meant he'd be switching to att if he got the iphone, hence the comment about being annoyed by the reception.
Yup! Damn.. once I just tested how "great" the AT&T reception is, and I literally called my friend right next to me with AT&T at an area where both of the phones have around 2-3 bars.. I can listen in my phone that it's ringing, but the iPhone, NOTHING happens. I called the iPhone THREE more times, I can still hear ringing in my phone, nothing, no response. On the fourth try, the iPhone finally rang.

This really turned me off about AT&T.. it would suck if my friend/girl calls me, but don't even get a missed call..

Thanks for the feedback guys! Really appreciate it.. I think I might still just go for iPhone in the end.. kind of ironic after all the things I wrote.. but the apps, 3G, nifty functions, mp3.. plus the new features Apple just announced yesterday (copy paste, push notifications, landscape keyboard, stereo bluetooth, search interface, MMS) just made me pull the trigger I guess I'll just have to sacrifice some reception..

|BL|RS|PIAA|CFE|CFMC|SSM|CFG|CFDP|ABG|M6|AFE|MTECH |RPI|JB+|CSLT|KWSC|
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2009, 06:46 AM   #25
radiantm3
Apex Everything!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Honda S2000, 2017 GT350

Garage List
2011 E92 M3  [9.35]
2014 BMW i3  [10.00]
I have an iPhone and a G1 (unlocked). Sadly, the G1 just sits in its box. I want to use it, but it's just not nearly as good as the iPhone.

There are 3 things that I do like about the G1. Physical keyboard (I don't want one for the iPhone, but it IS easier to type on), background applications (it's nice to have AIM running in the bg at all times, though it does drain the battery fast), and the auto-focus camera (barcode scanning products is just too awesome).

My pet project: https://stickershift.com
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2009, 10:50 AM   #26
brocken
Captain
Rep
Drives: X3MC

There are more Android phones coming out this year if you want to wait. I think Verizon is getting one of the new ones.

I'm very interested in the Palm Pre as it seems like the qwerty answer to the iphone. I currently have Sprint and used to have ATT. There is no way I would go back to ATT's crappy 3G service even though I think the iphone is awesome.
I had the same issue with ATT where calls wouldn't go through and not give a missed call notification. I would drop EVERY single call with any of the ATT 3G phones I had. Part of the problem was my area was over saturated for how many towers it had but the major issue is the quality of ATT 3G.
They used to have great service back in the day. Even after they switched to GSM. But once you bought a 3G phone.... forget about it.

Tmobile might be ok in your area. I know they don't have the fastest speeds up here though. And the G1 seems clunky to me. I have a lot of different phones pass through my hands at work and i was disappointed when I checked out the G1. I'm sure they'll improve with the next models coming out.

I would definitely suggest checking out the Palm Pre on Sprint if you're looking for a phone like that. It's the best of both worlds with a large touch screen and a qwerty that slides out to the bottom (I had side sliding keyboards). If Sprint's coverage in your area beats ATT then it might be worth thinking about.

Check out howardforums for more info on your questions.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2009, 11:31 AM   #27
ejazbmw
blahhh
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235I

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdflkijd View Post
True, but the Blackberry Storm is the closest yet. IMHO they have both their pros and cons
oh hell no lol the storm was the worst phone i ever owned. I've never owned a iphone but a few friends have it and when i was comparing it to my storm the iphone destroyed it..
Appreciate 0