BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-25-2022, 12:26 PM   #111
robg
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jad03060 View Post

Or, just drive and don't worry about it!
I think this is going to be my strategy when I get mine. The 45e is a big, heavy luxury SUV...so it strikes me as somewhat pointless (and maybe a bit frustrating) to try and eke out slightly better efficiency via various hypermiling techniques. Maybe when I'm bored driving somewhere and it could be a fun challenge...but still I doubt its going to make much of a difference overall. My plan is to mostly drive in sport individual so that I can have sport steering and suspesnion with "comfort" trans + engine (which as I understand will be mostly similar to how the car behaves in hybrid mode-- using the electric motor up to about 30% throttle). If I truly didn't care how slow or uncomfortable my car is I'd be better of just getting a prius or low end EV.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2022, 06:11 PM   #112
jad03060
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

The quietness of the EV motor is a pleasant endeavor. Sport around town is mostly a waste, IMHO. Out in the twisties, it has its place and time, but if carting family can be unpleasant if you start using the vehicle's capabilities to the max.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2022, 06:43 PM   #113
robg
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jad03060 View Post
The quietness of the EV motor is a pleasant endeavor. Sport around town is mostly a waste, IMHO. Out in the twisties, it has its place and time, but if carting family can be unpleasant if you start using the vehicle's capabilities to the max.
I agree with respect to the drivetrain- that's why i'd leave the trans and engine setting in "comfort". I dont like the overly light steering or somewhat floatly suspension feel in hybrid mode which is why i'd need to use sport individual to configure everything to comfort except the steering and suspension. If I leave the engine/trans in "comfort" wouldn't it act the same as it does in hybrid mode (starting off using the EV motor and only turning on the combustion engine past maybe 30% throttle)?
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2022, 07:16 PM   #114
jad03060
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

If you just adjust the suspension to sport, it should operate as a hybrid.

I have mine programmed to start in Adaptive mode, but am not using one of the individual configurations. Whatever you find works best for you.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2022, 09:38 AM   #115
yozhbk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 40e

Been BF hunting and actually ended up with 2 orders of chargers one more bit expensive up to 40amp for my existing outlet, and one very cheap one currently on sale, which I also got the outlet for, been reading about the extension cords that convert and doesnt seem great.

Found this one on sale 141 shipped to me in NY. AMAZON_USA
Appreciate 1
RickObe93.00
      11-26-2022, 07:30 PM   #116
yozhbk
Private First Class
Rep

One more question where can you look on specific stats on driving on electric or even on ICE, the app is so dry after Volvo where all stats where present. I want to see previous trips stats.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2022, 10:08 PM   #117
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by yozhbk View Post
One more question where can you look on specific stats on driving on electric or even on ICE, the app is so dry after Volvo where all stats where present. I want to see previous trips stats.
CAR > Driving information > Trip data
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2022, 09:04 AM   #118
yozhbk
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nZtiZia View Post
CAR > Driving information > Trip data
Sorry I mean on the phone app.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2022, 09:16 AM   #119
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Sorry I mean on the phone app.
have you looked at My Trips on the home page of the app? it provides a few: fuel consumption, mpg, average speed, CO2 emissions, electric efficiency in kWh/100mi
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2022, 09:37 AM   #120
yozhbk
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
have you looked at My Trips on the home page of the app? it provides a few: fuel consumption, mpg, average speed, CO2 emissions, electric efficiency in kWh/100mi
Either Im blind but I dont have that in my app here in US. Or maybe Im just blind. Can you take a screenshot where you looking ?
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2022, 09:45 AM   #121
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Either Im blind but I dont have that in my app here in US. Or maybe Im just blind. Can you take a screenshot where you looking ?
i'm gonna guess you have an Android?
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2022, 09:45 AM   #122
yozhbk
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
i'm gonna guess you have an Android?
No iPhone.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2022, 09:47 AM   #123
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
No iPhone.
have you updated the app?
My BMW app update - My Trips section https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1953911
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2022, 09:55 AM   #124
yozhbk
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
have you updated the app?
My BMW app update - My Trips section https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1953911
Hmmm weird Im on latest app and on latest apps in car and its still not showing up. I looked in to this at some point and I guess I missed that thread. Going to play around with it. Thanks.
Appreciate 1
nZtiZia4711.50
      11-28-2022, 06:01 AM   #125
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Hmmm weird Im on latest app and on latest apps in car and its still not showing up. I looked in to this at some point and I guess I missed that thread. Going to play around with it. Thanks.
try this

- unplug from charger
- turn off Bluetooth
- do 70 second telematics reboot
- once you're back in to the system, go to Apps tab and click options
- once "update apps and services" is no longer grayed out, select that option.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2022, 06:51 AM   #126
yozhbk
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
try this

- unplug from charger
- turn off Bluetooth
- do 70 second telematics reboot
- once you're back in to the system, go to Apps tab and click options
- once "update apps and services" is no longer grayed out, select that option.

Im assuming this is on the car.

Where do I specifically turn off BT? (EDIT: is this on the phone?)

Few question how do you do 70 second reboot? (EDIT: I found this),

Last edited by yozhbk; 11-28-2022 at 06:59 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2022, 06:59 AM   #127
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
that would be bluetooth on your phone. (apparently it's part of the sequence that Genius tells folks). for telematics reboot, it's similar to iDrive reboot but longer where you hold the radio VOL down for 3 consecutive reboots then can release the button once you see the third startup screen (make sure vehicle is ON or in the drive-ready state)
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2022, 07:00 AM   #128
yozhbk
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
that would be bluetooth on your phone. (apparently that's what Genius tell folks). for telematics reboot, it's similar to iDrive reboot but longer where you hold the radio VOL down for 3 consecutive reboots then can release the button once you see the third startup screen (make sure vehicle is ON or in the drive-ready state)

Got it. Will be trying this today.

On other side of news, this morning battery showed 36 miles! Got about 175 total on car
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2022, 07:13 AM   #129
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
that would be bluetooth on your phone. (apparently that's what Genius tell folks). for telematics reboot, it's similar to iDrive reboot but longer where you hold the radio VOL down for 3 consecutive reboots then can release the button once you see the third startup screen (make sure vehicle is ON or in the drive-ready state)
Got it. Will be trying this today.

On other side of news, this morning battery showed 36 miles! Got about 175 total on car
hopefully it works!

not to burst your bubble, 36 miles may be an overestimation. this is often seen in new vehicles. the electric range upon full charge is based on the previous ~18 miles of travel, and the vehicle doesn't have a lot of history yet to estimate a more accurate range. if your travels are consistent, you'll begin to see a more consistent number. if it varies, the range will vary, ofttimes widely. for example, if your last travel involved lots of downhill coasting, your next estimated range upon full charge will likely be much higher than your average

because many functions are dependent on the HV battery (HVAC, "tow start", 12V components such as lights, etc), expect to see a drop in range if these are in use, especially heat. cold weather has a huge negative effect on the battery itself as well.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2022, 07:26 AM   #130
yozhbk
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
hopefully it works!

not to burst your bubble, 36 miles may be an overestimation. this is often seen in new vehicles. the electric range upon full charge is based on the previous ~18 miles of travel, and the vehicle doesn't have a lot of history yet to estimate a more accurate range. if your travels are consistent, you'll begin to see a more consistent number. if it varies, the range will vary, ofttimes widely. for example, if your last travel involved lots of downhill coasting, your next estimated range upon full charge will likely be much higher than your average

because many functions are dependent on the HV battery (HVAC, "tow start", 12V components such as lights, etc), expect to see a drop in range of these are in use, especially heat. cold weather has a huge negative effect on the battery itself as well.

Yeah understandable, was just happy it went from lower 20s

So I just did the 70 seconds reset, when update went from greyed out to available I did it and it said updated. But still nothing in the app. I did this while i was driving so maybe it will eventually show up?
Im using car play as main connectivity does it have to do something with that?
So annoying.….
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2022, 07:31 AM   #131
yozhbk
Private First Class
Rep

Oh wow apparently there is another myBMW app upgrade showed up over night, but still nothing no my trips. Damit!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2022, 07:55 AM   #132
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yeah understandable, was just happy it went from lower 20s

So I just did the 70 seconds reset, when update went from greyed out to available I did it and it said updated. But still nothing in the app. I did this while i was driving so maybe it will eventually show up?
Im using car play as main connectivity does it have to do something with that?
So annoying.….
CarPlay is simply a wireless connection between your iPhone and the vehicle. the only interplay I've experienced is with OTA updates and setting up Amazon Alexa in-car integration.

have you looked in your Data Privacy settings? if I recall there's a line item regarding MyTrips that would need to be enabled (I could be wrong so I'll check mine tonight)
Appreciate 0