BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-26-2023, 06:13 AM   #23
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepianist1 View Post
There's Active Lane Keeping in DAP that requires Adaptive Cruise w/ Stop and Go to be enabled, which is the hands off option to steer in center of lane with the lights on the steering wheel and the camera that monitors you. This works in conjunction with Traffic Jam Assist.

What I'm asking about is the simpler Lane Centering that does not require A to be enabled. At least in HKG models, you can activate LCA without activating ACC w/ SG
https://www.reddit.com/r/SelfDriving...daikiagenesis/. I thought this simpler Lane Centering that works without ACC is standard across the industry.
There is no such option/feature as Lane Centering Assist. The feature is what I referred to above and that is Cruise with Steering/Lane Control/Assisted Driving/Cruise Mode 2.
      04-26-2023, 06:46 AM   #24
thepianist1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 G01

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
There is no such option/feature as Lane Centering Assist. The feature is what I referred to above and that is Cruise with Steering/Lane Control/Assisted Driving/Cruise Mode 2.
Thanks for clarifying. This forum is much more helpful than any BMW Genius...

Question about Bimmercode Expert Mode.
What happens when I set a value in expert mode that is Unassigned? For example:

C_WUNSCHGESCHW_min_kmh in ICMQL has options:
00 = 20 km/h
01 = 30 km/h
02 = 50 km/h
03 = ...

10 kmh is not a setting. Let's say I set this field to the actual speed in Hex:
0A=10km/h
instead of available option in Hex, so the result is 0A = Unassigned

Another example:

Minimum heated seat temperature for setting 1 set to 0x19, 25c in Hex, instead of the minimum option 30c or 31c in Hex. 25c is not a setting, so the result is 0x19 = Unassigned.

What would happen in the above cases? The system would be broken, or it defaults to the minimum assigned value?
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2023, 07:00 AM   #25
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for clarifying. This forum is much more helpful than any BMW Genius...

Question about Bimmercode Expert Mode.
What happens when I set a value in expert mode that is Unassigned? For example:

C_WUNSCHGESCHW_min_kmh in ICMQL has options:
00 = 20 km/h
01 = 30 km/h
02 = 50 km/h
03 = ...

10 kmh is not a setting. Let's say I set this field to the actual speed in Hex:
0A=10km/h
instead of available option in Hex, so the result is 0A = Unassigned

Another example:

Minimum heated seat temperature for setting 1 set to 0x19, 25c in Hex, instead of the minimum option 30c or 31c in Hex. 25c is not a setting, so the result is 0x19 = Unassigned.

What would happen in the above cases? The system would be broken, or it defaults to the minimum assigned value?
I would say anything from bricking your vehicle to having it work to having it not work. Coding in Expert mode is not something to fool around with, you can easily cause a very expensive tow to the dealer.

My advice would be to only make changes that you know are correct and proven to work. There are hundreds of threads on coding to look at.
      09-30-2023, 10:21 AM   #26
atj
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 330E

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
Just so you don't confuse yourself or anyone else, we should probably define what you are asking for. In your first post you mention "Lane Keep Steering Assist" which is a safety feature and not a self-driving function. Lane Keep steering assist will make steering corrections if you are going out of the lane.

What I believe you are looking for is Assisted Driving (sometimes referred to as Cruise with Steering and Lane Control, Steering and Traffic Jam Assistant or simply as Cruise Mode 2) and Assisted Driving Plus (Extended Traffic Jam Assistant) which is total hands free in certain circumstances. These features are part of the Driving Assistance Professional Package.

All that said, anything is possible to add but it would likely be cost prohibitive. The hardware definitely is not there for all G05s. In addition to the camera, you will likely need sensors, radar and a new steering wheel. My advice would be to make sure the vehicle you buy has the option and not even think about adding it.
Quote:
TurtleBoy JMD
Based on the following image, Active Driving Assistant SA 5AS and Active Cruise Control w/ Stop and Go SA 5DF use the same 1 camera KAFAS system except SA 5DF requires the FRS. Or are these different 1 camera KAFAS system?

I was looking around trying to find out if it was possible to add driving assistance to my g21 lci, and came across your picture and it made me abit confused since my car only has (SA 5DF) but it still has lane departure warning and speed limit info from (SA 5AS), but not blind spot monitoring and other stuff, would you have any idea how that is possible?
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2023, 11:10 AM   #27
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by atj View Post
I was looking around trying to find out if it was possible to add driving assistance to my g21 lci, and came across your picture and it made me abit confused since my car only has (SA 5DF) but it still has lane departure warning and speed limit info from (SA 5AS), but not blind spot monitoring and other stuff, would you have any idea how that is possible?
Welcome to the forum. You have a different series and look to be in a different country. Standard features, options, etc. vary between countries. For the G05, at least in the US, all vehicles come with SA 5AS and 5DF is an option.