BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-21-2009, 09:29 PM   #1
LaYzEe
Major
Rep
Drives: AW E92 335i

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm

WoW addicts, looks like you're not over yet!
      08-22-2009, 09:55 AM   #2
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Another expansion, eh? Looks cool but I think a lot of people may be tiring of WoW. It would be nice if they could come out with something a little more fresh, but as long as they're raking in the dough like they are, that will never happen.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2009, 10:27 AM   #3
TiAg335i
Trance Life
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

I hate how they keep adding more and more useless crap. As if that will save the game from its inevitable downfall. Just goes to show what this business is all about; your time and money.

It would be beneficial to them to use their brains for once and polish what is already there.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2009, 02:46 PM   #4
LaYzEe
Major
Rep
Drives: AW E92 335i

yeh when i heard about this expansion i was like WTF? didnt lich king just come out?

also, who in the world will use goblins? "have a gooooooooooood one!"

at lease the wordens look pretty cool but we'll see if they get popular fast since not that many people wanna start from level one then grind allllll the way to level 85. lol

i stopped playing wow like 3 years ago. it was bad for my health haha

i also heard that this expansion is gonna come out in '10....and guess what? from what i also heard they pushed back diablo for '11 becuase of it....FAIL!
      08-23-2009, 01:41 PM   #5
Mega Man
エアーマンが倒せない
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
This is exactly why I quit the game...everytime an expansion comes out, your l33t gear is crap. The gear you get from the first set of quests in the expansion is better than your top gear from the previous version.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2009, 11:49 PM   #6
jsdaniels
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 AW 128i Sport, Xenon,iPod

Mega-man. You do know that top guilds on servers where in Tier6 prior to Wrath of the Lich King, and they raided Naxxramas in their T6 before they found upgrades right? If you stopped playing when Burning Crusade came out you're right.

People always talk about WoW's death, and you know what? You're right. Its inevitable but then again in the gaming industry when does a game last forever?
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2009, 07:12 AM   #7
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega Man View Post
This is exactly why I quit the game...everytime an expansion comes out, your l33t gear is crap. The gear you get from the first set of quests in the expansion is better than your top gear from the previous version.
It doesn't seem as bad in WotLK as it was in BC. BC greens made original tier look like absolute shit, but I've got t4 gear on my lock which is still (barely) better than some boss pickups I've come across in the first couple instances in WotLK, although this is mostly due to jewels....
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2009, 03:10 PM   #8
Mega Man
エアーマンが倒せない
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
Even in heroics? Took me a while to grind all level 232 gear; and at that point in time it wasn't even fun. It was always getting together with guild, or friends and running the same heroic instances over and over for marks/gear drops. It became a time sink and with nothing better to do, sometimes not such a bad thing. But then looking back on it, I played this game when it was first out (and before as a beta player), and grinding for top gear prior to BC. I dropped out of it for a long time, BC was out, the WotLK, and I started playing again. Right away, the first stuff from quest rewards was better than what I had. Then at level 68 going to Northrend, the gear there from quest rewards was better than what I had from my BC stuff (it wasn't top tier BC stuff, but still, it was easier to get the quest rewards in Northrend than trying for BC stuff at that point).

I'm thinking, the gear obtained in Cataclysm will be more of the same. In any case, I'm kind of glad to be getting out of the game. Wasted way too much time playing; I can remember coming to work tired because of it. I'm realizing more and more that I appreciate the casual pick up & play game without leveling or grinding. Plants VS Zombies, Team Fortress 2, Yosumin!, things of that nature just because you can play for a while, and then quit when you don't want to play any more.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2009, 10:41 AM   #9
Makushr1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan Auto

as long as people keep paying to play, they will keep making expansion sets. Hopefully they are also working on a new badace mmorpg game to come out in a few years (after d3 of course). I loved WoW, but like most people, after a few months of sitting on my ass doing the same crap over and over, it was time to move on.

Who knows, maybe I'll buy the expansion and waste another couple months of my life before I get too disgusted with myself and delete it from my computer.

To Do (Cosmetic): Black Line lights, Lux 4.0 Angel Eyes, 19" CSL HyperBlack
To Do (Performance): Exhaust (still undecided which brand), SSTT, FMIC (unsure what type)
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2009, 10:45 AM   #10
jsdaniels
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 AW 128i Sport, Xenon,iPod

You said in your post prior to this last one that the l33t top gear gets replaced by entry level quest items. This is what we're disagreeing with. If you where in BC Heroic gear and went into Wrath and got it replaced by a green or even blue I don't see the complaint. If you consider 5 man gear top of the line there might be your issue. I was in Karazan/ZG gear which was no where near the top and I kept a lot of my gear till mid 70's. Thats a decent progression if you ask me.

I know what you mean though with having the ability to drop a game when you're good and ready. At times I wish I didn't play WoW, but I do just because of the friends I have in there.

PS: Coming to work tired is not WoW's Fault. To much now a days people want the easy out. "It was music that made me do this" "It was games that made me late" I am sorry but if its anything like that you might want to take a look in the mirror and figure out the real issue >
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2009, 05:26 AM   #11
Snowball
monokuro boo
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsdaniels View Post
PS: Coming to work tired is not WoW's Fault. To much now a days people want the easy out. "It was music that made me do this" "It was games that made me late" I am sorry but if its anything like that you might want to take a look in the mirror and figure out the real issue >

agreed. i dont think time playing the game was "wasted" exactly... more like I could have found other things to do other than sitting on my ass playing WoW (ie... homework lol) but it was my choice to play

as for the expansion.. i am excited to play it even though it will be for a month then I will get tired of it like all the others and stop playing for months before having WoW withdrawals wherein i will start playing again til i get tired of it AGAIN. hahaha
      09-07-2009, 08:48 PM   #12
eaglesfan83
FIRE TOEZ!!!!!
Rep
Drives: Pending Order

Garage List
i cancelled my account after reading this today, its time to take a break from this game. Maybe I will pick it up again when this comes out to keep pace with some of the gear.
Pending- Something New and BMW
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2009, 11:43 AM   #13
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsdaniels View Post
You said in your post prior to this last one that the l33t top gear gets replaced by entry level quest items. This is what we're disagreeing with. If you where in BC Heroic gear and went into Wrath and got it replaced by a green or even blue I don't see the complaint. If you consider 5 man gear top of the line there might be your issue. I was in Karazan/ZG gear which was no where near the top and I kept a lot of my gear till mid 70's. Thats a decent progression if you ask me.
It's not as bad as when BC came out. However, I was in Kara/Gruul/Mag gear, with some items mixed in from honor or heroic bosses, and here was what I noticed, at least for a lock:

I go from raiding to having to level. My stat needs changed, and my build changed accordingly. Can't be a pewpew destro lock leveling unless you get some damn good drops, so I changed to meta/ruin. The gear dropping off 5-man bosses from DK, OK, as well as some of the other blues and greens, etc... were trumping my tier gear where I needed it the most, and I'm out-dpsing hunters, sp's, mages, and other lock specs in every instance, even people a couple levels above me (everyone except damn ele shammys and a ret pally here and there). So, yeah, the talent restructure was required, and in doing so, this made some lesser gear from WotLK immediately more attractive to my needs.

It wasn't until 73 or 74 I believe that the last of my raid gear was trumped. Three or four levels is more than you could have hoped for transitioning from vanilla to BC, but it's still sad to trade in awesome gear for stuff that looks like someone smeared shit on a cloth and made it into the shape of a hat.

IMHO, they've done a better job with this expansion as far as buffering the transition in gear, but it still sucks nonetheless. And I really don't look forward to doing it again.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2009, 03:06 PM   #14
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

If you read between the lines, Cataclysm is more of a last hurrah for WoW. They are recycling a substantial amount of content, and even though it's being revamped and altered the amount of resources needed for that vs. starting from scratch is much less. Beyond just the terrain and locales, by simplifying the game they will be making it easier to balance. Easier to create new end game content so they can further reduce their working force that is devoted to WoW.

Why are they making all these consolations? Because they have 3 massive titles coming out, one of which is a brand new MMO. I'd say they are starting to phase as many resources from WoW into the new MMO as they can. They already moved over the lead world designer for all of WoW. This new MMO is their new internal focus, and WoW is just their cash cow they will milk for another 3-ish years.

Cataclysm will come out in late 2010, which will give WotLK about a 2 year life span. Pretty much identical to that of TBC. It's very possible that even after the new MMO is pulled into full swing that WoW will still exist. And they will probably continue to come out with expansions, but it's prime is beginning to fade.