BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-11-2024, 08:35 PM   #1
Alos
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M competition

For the ones running aftermarket amps and subs, what voltage did you set your LOC too? I use a wavetech LOC; and noticed that when I set it to 40V max; my factory amp gets extremely hot; and also I dont generate enough power to run the JL sub; despite have 12volts coming out he LOC into the amp; but then i get low power coming from the amp to the sub. While on the other side if i set it to 20volt LOC, i easily get to 12 volts without having to turn up the gain on the LOC much and the factory amp doesn't get as hot likely due to not as much power draw; but i also get significant amount of power from the amp sub output signal with minimal gain. problem I run into is; if I have low volume and not turn up the gain on the amp sub barely runs at times; if i turn up the gain on amp at the desired set volume in car works great; but if I i go above that volume i risk blowing the sub (which has happened once)

-spoke to wavetech and they recommend running the LOC at 40V but as mentioned factory amp gets extremely hot and issues with sub output.

-amp is a JL amp and works without issues / sub is JL sub / LOC is wavetech

—-

Should I add a load resister?

any recommendations ? should i changed the LOC to the audiocontrol LCI etc?

TIA
Appreciate 0