BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-02-2023, 06:19 AM   #1
mikeone
Rep
Drives: X45e

Fully loaded EU spec X5

Hello everyone,

Here is feedback on my brand new X5 45 I took delivery end of May and after some 12,000 km traveled, what can I say, It is an exceptional vehicle both for its comfort and its performance. the B58 inline 6 is a real pleasure on long journeys and the electric part is just extremely relaxing for trips in town. in short, a perfect combo for my use.

Consumption level on the highway with a full tank I run between 600 and 650km with the battery recharged at 100% its still reasonable, however with an empty battery can't do more than 400km in city use. Is it the same for you?

On the assisted driving part I am quite mixed, I have the impression that the lane change is very random sometimes it does work sometimes not unlike my old W205 C300e where the lane change was very well managed. on the other hand for traffic jams, it's just perfect the car does all the work. Difficult to go back after experiencing it.

As for the MyBMW app, the interface is clean, clear, and practical, especially with the digital key, I no longer use my smartphone anymore: I no longer need to carry around the key: sun:
on the other hand, I find it not as rich in functionality as the Mercedes app.
For example, it is impossible to open or close the windows and sunroof from the myBMW app, set a speed not to be exceeded (if you lend your vehicle for example), turn off the engine, and lock the car in the case of exiting a defined GeoFencing perimeter, even more, basic changing the ambient colors, unlike Mercedes. in short the MyBMW app and still very basic in my humble opinion.

Let's talk about the laser lights, the best headlight I ever experienced. I'm happy to have opted for the laser lights however I don't know if I'm doing it wrong or something I have the code S5AC High-Beam Assistant option, but it does not work can't set the high beams without dazzling other drivers. It's an EU specs vehicle so it shouldn't need coding like in the US to my understanding.

The small reception defects:
- Error message on the board asking to replace the battery, after discussion with the dealer it's normal, it happens during transport, especially since they did not recharge it on arrival, I dropped it off the same day for ceramic coating.
riding was not enough even after a few hundred km. Had to replace the battery at another dealer during my vacation.
- The extension part of the driver's seat has the leather part that comes off, it's not factory clipped correctly.
- The GPS does not launch and remains stuck on the loading page, so it is impossible to use the adaptive mode for better consumption.

Here is a list of the current mods I have done so far:

Maxton Design Kit
Tinted glass + rear window 95%
Sequential blinkers
Dashcam Front and rear FitCamX
Chrome steering wheel and windows buttons
Moded Nvidia shield usb-c (Android on stock screen and RSE)
CarPro DQ ceramic coating
XPEL PPF for door pillars and door handles.

"DRL RGB (On order)"

That's it for my experience after a few months with this X5 45e, despite the negative points mentioned above, I am fully satisfied with it, everything is there Comfort Performance & practicality, it's a Beast. For a first BMW you can hardly do better! :cheer:

Appreciate 3
P111572.00
AidenL71.00
JALS26.50
      08-03-2023, 08:12 AM   #2
LDT
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeone View Post
Hello everyone,

Here is feedback on my brand new X5 45 I took delivery end of May and after some 12,000 km traveled, what can I say, It is an exceptional vehicle both for its comfort and its performance. the B58 inline 6 is a real pleasure on long journeys and the electric part is just extremely relaxing for trips in town. in short, a perfect combo for my use.

Consumption level on the highway with a full tank I run between 600 and 650km with the battery recharged at 100% its still reasonable, however with an empty battery can't do more than 400km in city use. Is it the same for you?

On the assisted driving part I am quite mixed, I have the impression that the lane change is very random sometimes it does work sometimes not unlike my old W205 C300e where the lane change was very well managed. on the other hand for traffic jams, it's just perfect the car does all the work. Difficult to go back after experiencing it.

As for the MyBMW app, the interface is clean, clear, and practical, especially with the digital key, I no longer use my smartphone anymore: I no longer need to carry around the key: sun:
on the other hand, I find it not as rich in functionality as the Mercedes app.
For example, it is impossible to open or close the windows and sunroof from the myBMW app, set a speed not to be exceeded (if you lend your vehicle for example), turn off the engine, and lock the car in the case of exiting a defined GeoFencing perimeter, even more, basic changing the ambient colors, unlike Mercedes. in short the MyBMW app and still very basic in my humble [...]
Nice. Did you de-badge her?
2015 GL 350--diesel burner/highway queen
2013 Audi S6--a beast in it's day
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2023, 11:39 AM   #3
mikeone
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDT View Post
Nice. Did you de-badge her?
Yes indeed forgot to mention that
Appreciate 1
LDT1539.50
      08-03-2023, 10:54 PM   #4
rundeyvoo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 / X3 / 330e / 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeone View Post
Hello everyone,

Here is feedback on my brand new X5 45 I took delivery end of May and after some 12,000 km traveled, what can I say, It is an exceptional vehicle both for its comfort and its performance. the B58 inline 6 is a real pleasure on long journeys and the electric part is just extremely relaxing for trips in town. in short, a perfect combo for my use...
Very nice, did you end up using lowering links as well or is it your aero-kit making it look like it's lowered?
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2023, 10:14 AM   #5
mikeone
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rundeyvoo View Post
Very nice, did you end up using lowering links as well or is it your aero-kit making it look like it's lowered?
No lowering Kit I think the Maxton design make it look low
Appreciate 0